GET OFF THE NAIL

A forum where you can post words which inspire you, or make you smile.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Pravin Kumar

GET OFF THE NAIL

Post by Pravin Kumar » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:23 am

If I could have an increase in any area of my skills that I believe would make the greatest impact on my income and goals, it would without a doubt be mental toughness. Now, this doesn't mean I don't have a level of mental toughness. Instead, I am suggesting that everyone can increase in this area, and this would be the single greatest focus for me in the arena of skills development. Why? A mentally tough person barrels through adversity, doesn't get ruffled under pressure, remains focused on the task at hand despite distractions, sets goals and does not give up when the going gets tough, possesses a confidence in themselves and their abilities and just flat out wins when others give in.

A mental toughness technique I am implementing is having consequences when I don't meet a goal. Instead of beating myself up for days, which leads to less confidence, I will “pay a price,” which is a predetermined consequence of not hitting my goal, such as running a few miles or swimming across the pool when it is 33 degrees outside (I did this one recently!). This paying the price allows me to put the issue behind me and move forward in building mental toughness.

Build mental toughness and I look forward to hearing about your success!!

Go for more this week!
Ron White

“Heeeeeere’s Johnny!”by Ron White

One of my fondest childhood memories is watching The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson. When I was 7 years old, I would get a tape recorder and put it against the television and record Johnny’s monologue. I remember running into my parents’ room because I wanted my mom to come and listen to the “funny man.” When she walked into the living room, she did laugh.

However, it was not at Johnny Carson; instead, she laughed that her 7-year-old son was convinced he had discovered Johnny before anyone else in the family!

Perhaps it should be of no surprise that, decades later, I make my living delivering monologues, much like my childhood mentor. Although I am a keynote speaker and not a comedian, I did originally try to be a comedian... but everyone just laughed at me!

As I listened to Johnny’s friends after he passed away a few years ago, they all talked about what people from ages 7 to 97 loved about him. Do you know what they said? They said that he:

Let others talk.(In other words, Johnny was the star by not always turning the spotlight on himself; he let others shine.)
   Listened. (Not only did he let others talk, but he also listened!)
   Made jokes, but never at the expense of his guests.
   Saw the value in bringing the common man on his show.
   Wanted to see others succeed.
   Was almost funnier when his jokes bombed because he just rolled with it.

Johnny Carson understood that if his guests were successful and funny, that made him a star. He spent his interviews letting others have the spotlight.

Here is the life lesson: Understand what I call the “Carson Principle.” This principle says that if you want to make your life successful, then make those around you successful.

Spend time listening to the least among you. The “Carson Principle” also goes on to say that if you spend your efforts drawing attention to yourself, it will actually backfire. Focusing on others will catapult you to success. This may not be monetary success, but it will surely mean relational success. Finally, the “Carson Principle” says that it is OK to fail, and don’t take your failures too seriously.>

Mr. Carson, I still have your decades-old monologues on cassette tape. Although I was not aware of it at a young age, you taught me a lot about life and success. Thank you.

. Get Off the Nail! by Jerry Clark

Over the years I have met and observed thousands of people and each and every last one of them say they want some improvement in certain areas of their lives. In fact, most of them flat out confessed that they hated certain situations they were in. But after further evaluations, I discovered that they weren't willing to do anything about it. It seemed to be good enough for them to just sit there and wallow in their pain, anguish and misery.

Several years ago, motivational speaker Les Brown and I were chatting after we had both conducted trainings for a Network Marketing Company. We were talking about the number of people who say they want to make changes but don't seem to ever do anything about it. I told him it reminded me of a story I heard him tell an audience over 10 years ago. Here's how the story goes… One day a man was walking down the street on his way to work. As he walked down the street, there were dogs on just about every front porch and they all would bark as the man walked passed them. However, there was one dog that he remembered, because this dog was just sitting there and he was whimpering and whining and moaning, you know the little whimpering sounds dogs make when they are wounded or in some sort of pain. Well, this particular dog was just sitting there on the front porch making those sounds. The man was curious as to why this dog wasn 't barking like the other dogs and why he was whimpering. He couldn't figure it out, so he just kept walking to work. The next day he was in the same situation where he was walking down the street and saw the dogs once again and this same dog that was moaning and groaning the other day was doing the same thing today and he just couldn't figure it out. Well, he walked passed for an entire week and every day the dog would be there moaning and groaning. So, finally, the guy got fed up, he said, "Let me find out what's going on." So he went and knocked on the door and a guy came out and said, "Yes, how may I help you?" He said, "Sir, is this your dog? " "Yes, that's my dog. " "Well, what's wrong with him?" The owner of the dog said, "What do you mean?" "Well, he's been sitting here moaning and groaning, whimpering and whining for an entire week. The rest of the dogs are barking, your dog should be barking too, why is he moaning and groaning?" The owner said, "Well, he's actually sitting on a nail." And the guy said, "What! Your dog is sitting on a nail. Why doesn't he get off?" "Well, it just doesn't hurt him enough."

Wow! You know most people are like that dog sitting on a nail. I mean, sure, they would like to get off the nail, but what if they got off the nail and they died or something? They never seem to stop to consider that maybe they would be healed, maybe they would be free, maybe they would be able to move about and discover some new and exciting options for their lives. But, nope! Instead, they just sit there on that nail because they're not sure what's going to happen if they get off. I mean, there are no guarantees of safety so to speak. Even though, it's not the best feeling in the world, sitting on a nail, I mean, it's not comfortable sitting on a nail, it kind of hurts, but at least they know what to expect. They know that they have $900 per week coming in so they can pay their bills and put food on the table and they can put some clothes on their back and a roof over their heads. You know, that's enough for most people. They may even get upset with you if you question their so called security, I mean, if you hand them a book or tape program or tell them about a seminar that can give them some effective strategies for getting off nails, they may resent you for it. Well, you're different. You are willing to learn some effective nail removing strategies that could set you free because you and I both know that there is no such thing as security. Well, maybe I should take that back. I do know of a place where security exists on this planet. It's called the graveyard. And you know what, most people tip toe through life so that they can arrive at the graveyard safely. Of course this will not be you… Right? That's right. Simply because, instead of moaning and groaning, whimpering and whining about not getting the results you desire, you are a Developing Charging Rhino! And Rhinos always choose to GET OFF THE NAIL and create the conditions they desire.
For detailed palm reading and spiritual guidance Consult at: pravinjsoni97@hotmail.com

symulhaque

Post by symulhaque » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:59 pm

Big story but full of informations.

Return to “Inspirations And Words For Today”