WORDS OF WISDOM

A forum where you can post words which inspire you, or make you smile.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

eyes_and_ears

WORDS OF WISDOM

Post by eyes_and_ears » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:23 am

LOOK FOR ALL THE GOOD IN ANY BAD SITUATION AND GOOD WILL COME OF IT. LOOKING FOR BAD ONLY BRINGS BAD.. MY MOTTO :)
THE ONE AND ONLY REAL EYES & EARS.. REALIZE THE REAL EYES :)

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Using an inspirational quote as a positive affirmation or mantra

Post by eye_of_tiger » Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:18 am

Eyes,

I could not agree more with those positive sentiments.

Which is precisely why people who have been conditioned by their upbringing as well as their culture to ONLY look for the bad in everything and everyone, are so severely challenged to reverse the habit of a lifetime to always see their entire world and life only through dark glasses.

I was for example taught too well to expect the worst in everything and everyone, then be pleasantly surprised if the worst did not happen. And to always see how many ways there were that things could go wrong, as a valid reason or excuse for never trying or beginning.

I therefore feel a great sense of empathy for people who underwent similar negative conditioning earlier in their lives, as at nearly 61 years of age I feel that I will be working hard on reversing the damage which these attitudes have caused to my way of dealing with life's challenges, at least until I draw my last breath and probably after that as well.

Inspirational quotes such as this one could be turned into an effective positive spiritual affirmation, or mantra.

However I would only suggest that the first part of it be used for these purposes, completely leaving out the word bad.

The reason for me doing this is that our subconscious minds are so suggestible that even a single mention of the word bad can bring up or hook into this negative conditioning from our past.

Thereby effectively neutralising any positive benefits which we might have otherwise received from repeating it over and over again to ourselves, while we are in a lightly relaxed and consequently more receptive to auto-suggestions state of mind.
I WILL LOOK FOR ALL THE GOOD IN ANY SITUATION, AND GOOD WILL ALWAYS COME OUT OF IT.
Cheers,

EoT  Image

Return to “Inspirations And Words For Today”