Paths

A forum where you can post words which inspire you, or make you smile.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Spiritwhisperer

Paths

Post by Spiritwhisperer » Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:42 am

I seen this today, loved it and thought I would share :)

Discussing life theories with so many people of late, and noticing there are so many things coming up, but it is interesting to realise that there is no wrong and no right answers as yet. just theories.

THe path to enlightenment may be long, but what a path it turns out to be.

Blessings to all my friends.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience."

"be the change you wish to see in the world" Ghandi

Rook

Post by Rook » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:48 am

I agree.  We all need to understand and know our path, and follow it.  The big problems and clashes seem to occur when people try to force others to follow their path.  I am still trying to understand what motivates this, whether it is lack of confidence in their own path that drives them to fill that gap by convincing others it is right (probably unconsciously), or something else entirely.

Spiritwhisperer

Post by Spiritwhisperer » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:10 am

Rook wrote:I agree.  We all need to understand and know our path, and follow it.  The big problems and clashes seem to occur when people try to force others to follow their path.  I am still trying to understand what motivates this, whether it is lack of confidence in their own path that drives them to fill that gap by convincing others it is right (probably unconsciously), or something else entirely.
I think you are right, lack of confidence on their own path (consciously or not), if they doubt their direction or wonder if what they know to be true, then they must feel if they convince another that their way is right, then it brings them comfort in their direction, but when the other disagrees, then problems follow, the disillusion begins.

Or is it overconfidence, the feeling they MUST be right, so therefore they have the only answer? (see now I have confused myself.. haha)

but the important thing is I am realising, that I am comfortable now in my direction, learning others theories (shouldn't call them that I guess, or is it the right word??) helps me grow, helps me realise that yes, i am in fact on the right path for me. we can walk parallel but our paths will always be our own.

I am still learning, I love hearing the different aspects of this life, and where we are going, I will be learning even after this lifetime I feel. :)

SW
"We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience."

"be the change you wish to see in the world" Ghandi

Rook

Post by Rook » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:14 pm

but the important thing is I am realising, that I am comfortable now in my direction, learning others theories (shouldn't call them that I guess, or is it the right word??) helps me grow, helps me realise that yes, i am in fact on the right path for me. we can walk parallel but our paths will always be our own.

I am still learning, I love hearing the different aspects of this life, and where we are going, I will be learning even after this lifetime I feel.
I think theories is a good concept.  It relates open mindedness.  You accept that this is what you feel is right, but keeps open the possibility that there is more to it than what you feel, that you are open to change when more is revealed to you.  I have heard it said (but I can't remember by whom) that masters and gurus can guide you in your direction, but they can not give you answers.  You have to discover that for yourself.  Many are closed minded and shoot down ideas because it doesn't match what they have decided.  It is a small but significant shift to open mindedness.

I think you will learn a lot, and admire your attitude.
Or is it overconfidence, the feeling they MUST be right, so therefore they have the only answer? (see now I have confused myself.. haha)
Perhaps it is either case in different circumstances.  The world can be a complex place.

Return to “Inspirations And Words For Today”