Worries are like Clouds that pass through the sky

A forum where you can post words which inspire you, or make you smile.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Pravin Kumar

Worries are like Clouds that pass through the sky

Post by Pravin Kumar » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:04 am

Do you worry sometimes? Well, this is a silly question, since everybody worries sometimes, some more, some less.

What are worries? They are just thoughts that pass through the mind. They are not facts. They are not the truth. They have no reality. They are like a mental game of asking, “What if…”, and nothing more.

Look at the clouds that pass through the sky. They are made of vapor, and they change form as they move through the sky. They hide part of the sky or all the sky, and sometimes they hide the sun. However, this is only temporary. Sooner or later they move on, allowing the sun to send its rays down again.

Worries, which are actually thoughts, are like the clouds. They pass through the mind, hide reason, common sense and our aims and goals, and if you don’t hold to them, they go away, making place for other worries.

Worries become problems, imaginary problems, when you try to hold on to them, focus on them, and lose sight of the sky and the sun within you, which become temporarily hidden. The sky and sun in this case are your spirit, the real you, your inner strength, and your ability to control your thoughts.

If you keep watering your worries, and don’t let them leave you, sooner or later you might start acting and behaving in such a way, as to make them come true. Why should you?

You can hang to the worries, and you can release them. If you hang to them they grow, but if you don’t, they go away.

Yes, worries go away, if you don’t water them with your thoughts and with your attention. Your attention gives them the power and the life force to grow. If you focus your attention on constructive thoughts, there will be no place for worries.

Worries consist of the question, “What if…?”
What if this or that happens? Why this and that should happen at all? If you dwell on this question your mind will invent all kinds of theories, which you start believing in, letting them affect your state of mind and your behavior.

Are the following questions the usual pattern of your thinking?

“What if this doesn’t work out?”
   “What will happen, if I don’t get the job?”
   “What if he doesn’t love me?”
   “What if this disaster happens?”

You can instead, use the same question, “what if”, in a different way. Why not ask yourself:

“What if I get rich?”
   “What if I become healthy?”
   “What if I get the job?”
   “What if she loves me?”

Yes, you can choose your thoughts. You can choose your inner conversations, and therefore, you can refuse to provide fuel to your worries. You can choose accept your worries and constantly dwell on them, and you can choose to reject them. You will probably not be able to do ignore or reject them the first time you try, but you will eventually, if you try again and again.

Remember the title of this article, “Worries are like clouds that pass through the mind”. They are just thoughts floating through the mind. Let them float and go away. Don’t put into them the fuel of your attention.

Clouds start as small clouds, which gather force, merge with other clouds, and become bigger clouds.

It is the same with your worries. They are small and insignificant in the beginning, but if you focus on them they grow and look real. It is much easier to reject them before they gather force. Therefore, be aware of your of your thoughts and worries. It is easier to get rid of them when they just sprout, and before they gather force.

source : By Remez Sasson - successconsciousness.com
Last edited by Pravin Kumar on Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

smcsw2000

Post by smcsw2000 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:43 am

This is true for material things.    But how about immaterial/etheral thoughts. such as trying to grasp the concept of eternity or GOD.    These thoughts pass through the mind and can be let go. But they come back and are dwelled upon and wrestled with trying to understand with our limited senses and experiences.   They cannot be dismissed or rejected because they cannot be understood and so the mind will keep trying to grasp a concept that we can hold onto.  And although it is not technically a worry,  it fits the pattern of a worry.    How can one trust in the higher power/GOD, believe in reincartnation/heaven/hell or eternity and not think about these concepts to the point of worry (not being able to reject, or dwell on it).   Because you can ignore it, push it to the back of the mind or give it a lower priority, but these thoughts will keep coming back with every ordinary miracle that happens in ones life (beautiful sunset, birth, death, love, wonders of nature, etc...)

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:58 pm

If you worry about the image of God and what that means to you, your mind will create your answers.  In the end you have a belief system that embraces your concept of God.
God bless, J

Pravin Kumar

Post by Pravin Kumar » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:01 am

Dear smcsw2000,

Did you practise meditation? Do so first and then you will start getting answers to all that step by step. Do not expect to reach the Sky at the very first attempts.

Pravin Kumar
For detailed palm reading and spiritual guidance Consult at: pravinjsoni97@hotmail.com

smcsw2000

Post by smcsw2000 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:41 am

Dear Pravin Kumar,

I am in a weird state. I cannot meditate, whenever I try I fall asleep.  Whenever I try to astral I fall asleep.   I very rarely dream.  I have been told I have a block and that when I need specific answers I will have them.  I supposedly have everything I need in me but cannot access it till its time. Thanks for the thoughts.

smcsw2000

Return to “Inspirations And Words For Today”