Simple Strategies to Success

A forum where you can post words which inspire you, or make you smile.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Pravin Kumar

Post by Pravin Kumar » Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:14 am

by Jim Rohn

My original mentor, Mr. Earl Shoaff, over a five-year period of time before he died at age 49, taught me some extraordinarily simple things.

He only went through the 9th grade in school. He never finished high school, never went to college, never went to a university. So he put his experiences and ideas in very simple language, which, I think for me, a kid from the farms of Idaho, was so important.

When I would say, “This is all the company pays,” Mr. Shoaff would say, “No, that is all they pay YOU.” I thought, “That is a new way to look at it.” I told him things cost too much. But he said, “No, you can't afford them.” Well, that was a new concept for me. He promised that if I would improve, then I would qualify for more money. So I learned that we don't have to work on the company, we have to work on ourselves.

Hyper Sales Growth
If it had been technical, I would have missed it. If it had been mystic, I would have backed away. But it was just basic, blunt “a-b-c” familiar stuff that I hadn't thought of before. For me it was the beginning of what he called personal development.

Mr. Earl Shoaff also taught me that life puts some of the more valuable things on the high shelf so that you can't get to them until you qualify. If you want the things on the high shelf, you must stand on the books you read. With every book you read, you get to stand a little higher.

Jim Rohn Quote Coffee Mug ONLY $9.99

And the biggie that forever had an impact on me: “Success is something you attract by the person you become.” That phrase changed my life. Success is not to be pursued, but to be attracted by the person you become.

Put your energy into becoming a better you, the best you. Learn the skills. Practice the skills. Attract the success.

Those simple strategies and ideas helped change my life, forever, for the better. Thank you, once again, Mr. Shoaff.

Source: Success Media
For detailed palm reading and spiritual guidance Consult at: pravinjsoni97@hotmail.com

blankpuppy

Post by blankpuppy » Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:54 pm

i enjoyed reading your story, very informative and useful.. Thank you for sharing. :)

Highwood21

Post by Highwood21 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:38 pm

lovely stuff thank you for that enlightening post

Return to “Inspirations And Words For Today”