The Secret

Know more about books related to the mystic and spiritual world. Download free e-books and take part in book reviews and discussions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Horser55

The Secret

Post by Horser55 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:00 am

I couldn't decide if this post should go in the book forum or in the General Discussion forum, but I've obviously ended up here.

I was wondering if anyone has read "The Secret" by Rhonda Byrne - I'm reading it currently and I see where she is coming from but at the same time I am slightly skeptical so I just wanted to see what others think about the book.

Happy Reading to all :)
"The man who smiles when something has gone wrong has thought of someone to blame it on."

kats3meow

Post by kats3meow » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:50 am

I haven't read the book, but I have the movie and it is one of my favorites.
I love it because it made me realize that the law of attraction had already worked 3 different times in my life prior to seeing the movie without me even knowing about the law of attraction. So the movie made me aware of the fact that I had used and applied the law of attraction in my own life and it did work. It was a very moving experience to realize this and know what it was and understand how it works. I guess if I had seen the movie before I had proof positive that it did work, I might have been more skeptical about all of it...but I did have not one but 3 separate instances where it had worked for me.

quietness

Post by quietness » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:03 pm

The concept is great, but the book seemed to be more of a "feel good" book with not much on the practical application side. I like the movie because it is very inspiring, but again, not much content. This does not mean that it is useless. It simply means that the author presented a very general idea. What I suggest is to look for books or audio books which focus on any particular field you are interested in that is derived from the idea of the Secret, so at least you will learn some practical steps.

I hope that helps. :)

========

UPDATE:
(September 17, 2010)

I don't want to double post so I'm just updating this post. I just recently watched the movie again and it became clearer in context of the 11 Forgotten Laws presented by Bob Proctor. I'm working with the Law of Attraction and the other Laws and documenting my experience, after I was given the CD "The Secret" within three hours of asking the Universe for it.

I wonder if anyone else experienced anything so... "coincidental." I would love to hear from you guys if you can share your experience about it. :)

Thank you.

MysticR

About secret

Post by MysticR » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:54 am

This is really exciting topic. I had read book the secret and later on also watched the movie. I was very inspired and believed in the concept. I don't know why but interestingly world plunged into financial crisis when this book and movie was actually making waves and most of the population were inspired and motivated for it. Later on most of these experts from this book/movie kept clarifying for why this happened by bringing new products under title this is what was missing from the movie and that is the reason it did not work and if you buy this product it will work. I really lost my faith in the process. By doing that these so called experts themselves accepting that "The Secret" was lacking some fundamental processes/CONTENT which failed PRACTITIONER. It really confused many people including me. I am still believer of the concept that we can create whatever we want by focusing on it and also taking right action.
I liked Subliminal software to work on subconscious level to eliminate automated negative patterns and replace them with good, positive attitude. There are many software for this. I have downloaded MB Subliminal Imaging V 1.1o from mystic board and looking forward using it after I receive code. I have used Subliminal Blaster which is free software and noticed significant results on maintaining focus on positive intention and goals.

MysticR

Secret

Post by MysticR » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:28 am

Hello friends, since you are interested in secret, here some thing very interesting to watch. Since discussion is going on about secret and why it works or doesn't, i believe that subconscious mind is the key. Sometimes even though we may be putting lots of effort consciously, our subconscious mind may be sabotaging it if it has contradictory beliefs. I am just putting link of this video which talks about it.
Once we get idea and conviction for need to change at subconscious level, concept of secret will work. There are many tools we can use to change it. So we don't have to book for expensive courses but software like MB Subliminal messages can help with it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TransformDe ... 2a-kEbCUHM

8harshal8

not much to write

Post by 8harshal8 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:46 am

i have read it... its ok..didnt blow me away though...i would give it 6/10.

Return to “Mystic Book Depot”