Books and Literature

Know more about books related to the mystic and spiritual world. Download free e-books and take part in book reviews and discussions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

JamieProvost

Books and Literature

Post by JamieProvost » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:02 am

Will books and literature be replaced by scattered knowledge from the internet and the television.  Will television characters replace the knowledge, mores and chakras of the world?  Nobody will learn foreign languages or learn major subject...........will a bunch of sophist on CNN become the next Hitler?
Mysticboard please assist me with putting a stop to bad witchcraft.  These people are making me insane in the membrane.  Insane in the brain.

quietness

Post by quietness » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:57 pm

I don't think that books can ever be replaced. They provide a lot of solace for people, a rest from the fast and furious modern age. It is unfortunate that so many half-baked, if at all, ideas are cooked online, but the same can be said with books. I guess the advantage of the internet is you get to sift through these ideas more or less for free, while you might need to spend for a book only to find out it's worthless (if it is not available in your local library).
"Be the masterpiece of your own life."

misty sur

Post by misty sur » Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:09 am

books are an eternal source of information and relaxation together. they can never be replaced. though many people also read e-books but i don't think e-books give you the same feeling that paperbacks can. above all, it's an entertainment right? so, the feel is is important.
Have fun, have faith in yourself and always have the best food!

quietness

Post by quietness » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:43 am

Yup! I definitely agree! When I read an e-book I always feel like printing it out just so I can have it on paperback. I have quite a number of e-books but I don't feel the thrill I get when I find the same books in a bookstore and feel their pages with my own hands. :) It feels so magical. LoL! Now that's an admission of a bibliophile. ;p
"Be the masterpiece of your own life."

endrina

Post by endrina » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:25 pm

In my opinion, e-books are more "appropriate" because they save me a lot of space. :-) At least for me. :-) I have so many  books and so little space. :-)
So e-books are better option for me.

misty sur

Post by misty sur » Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:40 am

most people who like e-books, like it for this reason.
Have fun, have faith in yourself and always have the best food!

Dr.sedlak

read this

Post by Dr.sedlak » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:24 pm

Have you seen someone new and wonder if the attraction is mutual? How can you read the signs that say he is interested? Here are five signs that show is is more than a little interested in you.

Return to “Mystic Book Depot”