What is your favorite book till date?

Know more about books related to the mystic and spiritual world. Download free e-books and take part in book reviews and discussions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

misty sur

What is your favorite book till date?

Post by misty sur » Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:33 am

what is the name of the book that you've liked the most in life? what genre does it belong to? tell everything about your favorite book ever.
Have fun, have faith in yourself and always have the best food!

mrkiii

Post by mrkiii » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:41 am

(I've moved this post to its own post in the upper, more appropriate forum).

My favorite book (impossible, btw... maybe give me 10 choices) but I'd say "The Great Gatsby". On the level of words, it is one of the most beautiful reading experiences one can have: it's poetry. On the level of structure, it has one of the most elegant, simple, clear plot constructions I have run into. It showed me how a great writer uses focus to tell a universal story.
And on that level, story? It broke my heart. At first I was repulsed by several of the characters, and the lives they led. By the halfway point, I had come to recognize in those same characters the people in my real life, and really, to see parts of myself, laid open to view.
By the end, I realized, I saw, for the first time in my life, how most people, most of us, live our lives reacting to imaginary futures and selectives pasts and all sorts of phantoms and projections, and just... miss the chance at living a real life.
There is absolutely nothing "metaphysical" about "The Great Gatsby". But it is remarkably human and humane, and opened the doors of my life toward searching for the More.

Esmiria

Post by Esmiria » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:45 pm

I geuss that mmy favorite book would have to be Back To Eden, by Jethro Kloss.  It is very infomative on the uses of herbs.  He was a very smart and interesting man.  He owned a health food factory where he made things like crackers, malt honey, malt extract, breakfast foods, and more.  He owned a sanitarium, he was a chemist, anastegiologist.  He teaches you how to make syrups, salves, poultices, herbal liniments, as well as several different soy bean products and how to make them. Such as soy mil, soybean cheeses, nut cheeses, nut milks. He is a very resourcful man.  If you get the chance to read this book you really should.
Blessed Be, Esmiria

CPNITV

Ben Hur

Post by CPNITV » Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:49 pm

My favourite book would be Ben Hur.

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:12 am

Pride and Prejudice :)
Fountainhead

mirkwoodelf

Post by mirkwoodelf » Tue May 10, 2011 4:48 pm

If non-fiction, then it'll be The Secret by Rhonda Byrne.

Fiction, novel - Nicholas Sparks - Nights in Rodanthe

actually lots of novels that i love.. ^^

PerfecTess

Ben Hur was awesome

Post by PerfecTess » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:58 pm

My very favorite book is, I suppose, a children's literature text, called "The Little Prince" by Anton deSaint Exupery.  I love the story, the underlying message, and all the symbolisms in the book, and anything that still makes me cry after reading it for the fortieth time is worth keeping around.  That's to say nothing of the simple, sweet illustrations.  
Anyone else read this one?  It's pretty common in the States, though it originated in France, I believe.  
~Tess

mojomind

Post by mojomind » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:12 am

Clairvoyance and Occult Powers by The Swami Panchadasi, aka William Walker Atkinson, aka Theron Q.Dumont, aka Yogi Ramacharaka, The Swami Bhakta Shivita, aka Theodore Sheldon, aka Magus Incognito, aka The three Initiates.  There is much speculation as to his involvement in several other publications of relevant content.  W. W. Atkinson wrote over 100 books the last 30 years of his life, was a lawyer, a grocer, an editor, a publisher, served as the head of many 'New Thought' organizations, in addition to being a prolific writer.  He also the first one to tell the 'Secret' by publishing a 'full disclosure' title on The Universal Laws.  To say William Walker Atkinson was a man way ahead of his time, would be an understatement, indeed.  He also married and fathered two children (when did he ever have time) before his death in 1932, a year before the birth of my parents.  Besides loved ones, he is whom I hope to meet on the other side.

I received a first edition, hard cover copy of the above book as a 'Gag Gift' from my father, who found it in an old car, and thought it might embarrass me out of my obsession with the Tarot.  Boy was he wrong!  40 years and a PH.D. in Metaphysics later, I've been able to let go of the pain, humiliation, and memories of the fights we had over my beliefs, because that book, one of the greatest gifts I've ever received, is what inspired me to continue on the path that is the road I'm on today.  Thanks Dad!, Thanks Willy!

earthfaerie

Post by earthfaerie » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:42 am

The Flower of Life books by Drunvalo Melchizedek and Hands of Light by Barbara Brennan

Vivek Trivedi

Post by Vivek Trivedi » Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:04 am

my favorite book is chander pahar.

RasAlgethi

Post by RasAlgethi » Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:05 pm

mirkwoodelf wrote:If non-fiction, then it'll be The Secret by Rhonda Byrne.

Fiction, novel - Nicholas Sparks - Nights in Rodanthe

actually lots of novels that i love.. ^^
but the Secret IS fiction...

RasAlgethi

Re: Ben Hur was awesome

Post by RasAlgethi » Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:05 pm

PerfecTess wrote:My very favorite book is, I suppose, a children's literature text, called "The Little Prince" by Anton deSaint Exupery.  I love the story, the underlying message, and all the symbolisms in the book, and anything that still makes me cry after reading it for the fortieth time is worth keeping around.  That's to say nothing of the simple, sweet illustrations.  
Anyone else read this one?  It's pretty common in the States, though it originated in France, I believe.  
~Tess
an excellent and informative  book!

RasAlgethi

Post by RasAlgethi » Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:08 pm

mojomind wrote:Clairvoyance and Occult Powers by The Swami Panchadasi, aka William Walker Atkinson, aka Theron Q.Dumont, aka Yogi Ramacharaka, The Swami Bhakta Shivita, aka Theodore Sheldon, aka Magus Incognito, aka The three Initiates.  There is much speculation as to his involvement in several other publications of relevant content.  W. W. Atkinson wrote over 100 books the last 30 years of his life, was a lawyer, a grocer, an editor, a publisher, served as the head of many 'New Thought' organizations, in addition to being a prolific writer.  He also the first one to tell the 'Secret' by publishing a 'full disclosure' title on The Universal Laws.  To say William Walker Atkinson was a man way ahead of his time, would be an understatement, indeed.  He also married and fathered two children (when did he ever have time) before his death in 1932, a year before the birth of my parents.  Besides loved ones, he is whom I hope to meet on the other side.

I received a first edition, hard cover copy of the above book as a 'Gag Gift' from my father, who found it in an old car, and thought it might embarrass me out of my obsession with the Tarot.  Boy was he wrong!  40 years and a PH.D. in Metaphysics later, I've been able to let go of the pain, humiliation, and memories of the fights we had over my beliefs, because that book, one of the greatest gifts I've ever received, is what inspired me to continue on the path that is the road I'm on today.  Thanks Dad!, Thanks Willy!
Osho wrote something along the lines that only those who are insane can receive the PhD, which translates as 'Piled Higher and Deeper."

:smt051  :smt035

Vivek Trivedi

Post by Vivek Trivedi » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:49 am

Gift of the magi, And also I love to read comics whenever get time,when i  was in school,Often I used to keep comics inside my text book to covered it up.

Ishtar

Post by Ishtar » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:04 am

Yor some of you guys have really deep reads...

I have this thing about historical romances throw a bit of magick in it and i am hooked...

I usually pick my books by instinct, if the book's cover or the intro speaks to me i will read it...
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny compared to what lies within us"

Return to “Mystic Book Depot”