Some info About Scorpio and a unceremonious Poll

Meet people born under Scorpio here

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

If you are a Scorpio, what suit you best.

All of it! It's me...
70%
maybe a bit jealous and exstrem but not any stubborness :)
10%
hmmm I better see a gynaecologist :)
No votes
Hey! we will have back Pluto as planet!
20%

Total votes: 20

Rhutobello

Some info About Scorpio and a unceremonious Poll

Post by Rhutobello » Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:35 pm

From Wikipedia have I found this about Scorpio.

Scorpio is an astrological sign, which is associated with the constellation Scorpius. Under the tropical zodiac, Scorpio is occupied by the Sun from October 23 to November 22, and under the sidereal zodiac, it is currently from November 16 to December 15. The opposite sign to Scorpio is Taurus, and both signs are commonly considered the most sexually responsive of all zodiacal members.

Scorpio is the eighth sign of the Zodiac and associated with intensity and power. Individuals born under this sign are thought to have a complex, emotional, analytical, focused, determined, hypnotic, and self-contained character, but one which is also prone to extremity, jealousy, possessiveness, stubbornness, and cruelty. In terms of anatomy, Scorpio is said to rule the pelvis, reproductive system and urinary system. In terms of geography Scorpio is linked with Egypt, Syria, Algeria, and Morocco.

Scorpio is traditionally thought to be ruled by the planet Mars, but in recent years many astrologers have labelled Pluto as the ruler or co-ruler of Scorpio, attributing the intensity associated with the sign to the planet's influence.

In mythology Scorpio is often associated with Orpheus, from the Greek myth of Orpheus and Eurydice. Scorpio is also associated with the Greco-Roman gods Ares/Mars and sometimes the god Hades/Pluto.

Nicole

Re: Some info About Scorpio and a unceremonious Poll

Post by Nicole » Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:23 am

Rhutobello wrote:From Wikipedia have I found this about Scorpio.

Scorpio is an astrological sign, which is associated with the constellation Scorpius. Under the tropical zodiac, Scorpio is occupied by the Sun from October 23 to November 22, and under the sidereal zodiac, it is currently from November 16 to December 15. The opposite sign to Scorpio is Taurus, and both signs are commonly considered the most sexually responsive of all zodiacal members.

Scorpio is the eighth sign of the Zodiac and associated with intensity and power. Individuals born under this sign are thought to have a complex, emotional, analytical, focused, determined, hypnotic, and self-contained character, but one which is also prone to extremity, jealousy, possessiveness, stubbornness, and cruelty. In terms of anatomy, Scorpio is said to rule the pelvis, reproductive system and urinary system. In terms of geography Scorpio is linked with Egypt, Syria, Algeria, and Morocco.

Scorpio is traditionally thought to be ruled by the planet Mars, but in recent years many astrologers have labelled Pluto as the ruler or co-ruler of Scorpio, attributing the intensity associated with the sign to the planet's influence.

In mythology Scorpio is often associated with Orpheus, from the Greek myth of Orpheus and Eurydice. Scorpio is also associated with the Greco-Roman gods Ares/Mars and sometimes the god Hades/Pluto.
I have a great friend who is a Taurus.. But I can not be around him a long time.. He likes to aggravate me to no end and laughs..lol I use to send him home~!! Get Out~!! LOL He's nice though he knew he was making me angry and thought it was funny....

I'm cruel if someone else is to me or my friends and family.. :smt018
I will bit back wicked~!! But I also will do anything, well not everythinggg.. most anything for anyone... I only give repect to thoughs who treat me nice and others... If not I give it back 10 time more so, how they treat me... I don't hate no one.. I just dislike some... But I don't see them in Maine...lol

extremity, jealousy.. Oh yes~!! LOL

stubbornness.. I am.. But working alot on this... Now I allow my husband to have his say.. We've been together 17 years in all. I should let him huh...LOL  :smt003  j/k I do let him more so now then I did when we meet..lol
Ñícolé

EarlofLeicester

Re: Some info About Scorpio and a unceremonious Poll

Post by EarlofLeicester » Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:46 pm

Rhutobello wrote:From Wikipedia have I found this about Scorpio.

In terms of geography Scorpio is linked with Egypt, Syria, Algeria, and Morocco.
I've never heard that before, linking Sun Signs with geography.  What is the meaning of the link?  As a Scorpio, I'm curious...

I also came across this:

Which presents a different view of things.  I'm guessing that your linking is based on a North to South logic as opposed to East to West?
Last edited by EarlofLeicester on Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vishwas
Site Admin

Post by Vishwas » Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:17 am

I think that explains a scorpio friend of my till the T. He fits it perfectly.

Electric Angel

Post by Electric Angel » Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:54 pm

Typical scorpio through and through here!!  

So which stage of development do you think you're in?
Me, I'm eagle, pushing the boundaried on resurrected pheonix.

If you haven't come across the stages before let me know and I'll post them!

jeffmechler

Post by jeffmechler » Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:02 pm

Definately past scorpion...

I would say I am between the Phoenix (recently tattooed on me) and the eagle.

Almost have things in a place where I will have centered me and changed me for the better and benefit of others.

I have come full circle from who I was and can only look forward to where I am going!!

(oh yeah, Scorpio's rule and are the best sign of the zodiac)

targetjer

Typical Scorpios

Post by targetjer » Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:03 pm

I like the fact that we are mysterious.  We are not wishy washy either---either something is or it isn't.

Faithful and loyal unless the other person wasn't and then they had better expect the rath of the Gods.  Loyal is good though it makes me  have warm fuzzies inside.

I like the adventure that a Scorpio displays.  "Adventure" doesn't have to mean going trapsing off to a foreign country and trying to reform the natives(which we could do quite well) but it is also meaningful in the idea that we will look for new and better ways to accomplish something.  That little adventure can change their living environment 100%.

It is my humble opinion that a Scorpion is the least boring of all the signs.  There are rarely dull moments around Scorpio.

Joy and happiness

JER
Walk today the way you wish you had walked yesterday.
Peace and Joy always!

SnowFox005

Scorpio's Triple Levels

Post by SnowFox005 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:06 am

I find it very amusing that many people comment about the dual natures of Gemini, but very few know about the three levels of Scorpio...I have come to the conclusion that with the typical nature of Scorpio being secretive, we do not freely give out that sort of information to just anyone.  Does anyone else think the same?

Snow :)

Nicole

Post by Nicole » Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:27 am

I hear what your saying Snow~!!  :)
Ñícolé

Mlady Raka

And then a Virgo put her foot in it.....

Post by Mlady Raka » Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:44 am

Hi all you Scorpios!

I have had Scorpios surrounding me all my life...my best friend in South Africa is one too...  My foster father (when alive) was one, my younger foster brother (when alive) was one, three of my ex bosses are Scorpios as well as one of my step daughters...

This is my take on Scorpios:

You guys have three personalities...

THE SERPENT - a personality that will always make you be attracted to the occult...the unknown...the mysteries.  I have never seen a Scorpio that could turn away from an enigma...

THE PHOENIX - when life goes too quiet...you would CREATE a crisis just for the hell of it in order to get some action....LOL.  Then you would delve into it boots and all, and especially in relationships you would dig deeper during this crisis in order to know your partner/child better.  If the situation survives the crisis, the relationship would be so much better and more rich for the experience, but there is always the risk that it could blow up in your face...  Something a scorpio is quite prepared for...

THE SCORPION - The secretive part of yourselves...  In general people know about you only that which you choose to reveal, and G-d help those who try to help themselves on a Scorpio!...LOL.  If someone tries to dig deeper into your personalities than what you are prepared to reveal....the STING comes out...and OUCH!!!

You go for the jugular...no beating about the bush there....

Now for my own additions....:

I find you to be extremely sensitive human beings, and I find that your hard scorpion shell actually hides and protects a wonderful soft interior which is caring, nurturing and extremely loyal to those you love.

I find you direct and to the point and in my own experience I have never had to second guess a Scorpion, MOST of you guys have always been very open and forthcoming with me, sometimes direct to the point of being rude...but that was always ok, since I don't like it when people speak to me like a man with one tooth trying to chew a peanut....

I have found that you people...(even if and when you can talk much on occasions), can say plenty without saying nothing though...  The art of speaking without revealing much....  Since I am Virgo though...I seem to be able to cut through that and get to the nitty gritty....(sticks her tongue out)... No BS here...LOL.

All in all, I love you guys....I think you are a lot of fun to be around, and I know if I have a Scorpio as a friend, I have a true friend for life.

love and rainbows

Raka
"Where I come from nobody goes....where I go to nobody knows..."

SnowFox005

Post by SnowFox005 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:38 am

you're on the right direction, although I find that a scorpio is so secrative that we even keep secrets from ourselves! LOL

Nicole

Post by Nicole » Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:33 am

SnowFox005 wrote:you're on the right direction, although I find that a scorpio is so secrative that we even keep secrets from ourselves! LOL
rofl..

My husband always says Why is everything such a secret with you~?? LOL
I didn't think it was.. I start giggling or just burst out a gut laugh and walk away.... I know I'm bad.. Just who I am.. I might tell him down the road a year or 5 years~???  :smt017  One has to think about it and do I trust him with it~?....LOL And do I trust me with it is the  (?) LOL...
Ñícolé

imranshaikh1

Post by imranshaikh1 » Wed May 16, 2007 1:08 am

people say he or she is a typical scorpio........ what do they mean by a typical scorpio?

Antiquis Animus

Scorpio: The Zodiac Punching Bag

Post by Antiquis Animus » Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:20 am

I find it amusing that people always find scorpio's "Bad" traits first, then see our positive last. We choose to come down to the earth plane as scorpio to do our life lessons. We try very hard to help and grow. We can be hard to deal with but we can be dealt with. But everyone always find out last we are one of the best to have in their corner when the going get tough.

Balance and harmony, we push on

Nicole

Re: Scorpio: The Zodiac Punching Bag

Post by Nicole » Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:29 am

Antiquis Animus wrote:I find it amusing that people always find scorpio's "Bad" traits first, then see our positive last. We choose to come down to the earth plane as scorpio to do our life lessons. We try very hard to help and grow. We can be hard to deal with but we can be dealt with. But everyone always find out last we are one of the best to have in their corner when the going get tough.

Balance and harmony, we push on
Gosh I like you..  :)
Can you explain this to my Gem hubby..
I make him a wreck when I get going about danger around us..
and 99.99 most of the time I'm right on "Q"
And is again lately..
I make him ill when I start worrying...
I hate it cause I was always like this..
I seem to be a Crab lately also...
I can't even stand being around myself at times... rofl

Return to “Scorpio - October 21 - November 20”