Is this a scorpio thing or just a personality thing?

Meet people born under Scorpio here

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

comfort29

Is this a scorpio thing or just a personality thing?

Post by comfort29 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:09 pm

I am curious if this is a scorpio thing, but I hate messes.  But I have to be able to do a project full throttle or I won't waste the effort.  When I was younger it would take me all afternoon to clean my car.  I would be out there with q-tips and tooth picks digging into the little crevases in the interior...so that 8 yr old car was practically lookiing like you could drive it off the lot.  

I get more moody when my house gets messy, disarray distrubs me.  I like things in their place (I am not fanatical about it, and won't always do it myself right away...but it bothers me if it is constant), but the 5 other people in my house don't always feel the same.  I have been known to leave things out where they don't belong for weeks to see if ANYONE in my house will pick it up (an opened envelope was on my living room floor for 2 weeks, it wasn't mine, I didn't put it there...but just wanted to see if anyone would do anything...and not a single person did)

But when I clean..it needs to be a complete scrub down. Ceiling to floor.

Nicole

Post by Nicole » Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:53 pm

Ohhhh I'm so like that... ROTFL..
When I'm in a mood,
my husband starts right away and cleans, he knows me well...
I wont say nothing right off I start looking around with mean eyes and look like things are going to start flying soon... LoL

He picks up and helps me out with out fighting..
I hate a messy home also..
If my home is cluttered my life is to...

I don't do it all the time,
but when I do, we go through the hole home and clean
I give things away nice thing to...

I hate cleaning...
I love a clean home but man I hate to clean...
I was made to do it young so I hate it..LoL
Thats why keep it up so you don't have to over do it..LoL :smt014

I like my play time as-well~!!

comfort29

Post by comfort29 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:23 pm

I have a kindship with you Nicole.  You are a hoot.  

I totally relate to the mean look.  It is like suddenly eyes open..."this house is a pigsty"
and then i start cleaning...if nobody else picked up this mood in 10 seconds and jumps up to help then I am slamming stuff around.  (they should be able to read my mind)
My husband hasn't learned yet to get up and help when that 'whim' has struck me...
so then the mean look really comes out and  more things start banging around if he keeps sitting in the chair. I am even known to drop what I am doing just to vacuum where he is sitting and trying to watch tv (that subtle revenge thing).

And what really gets me wild...is when he keeps asking what is wrong when I am cleaning and banging stuff around...and after about twenty rounds of "what is wrong?"  "nothing"...I finally announce he could be helping clean...and then he looks at me and says "what should I do?"  Well lets see...wade through the ankle deep amount of toys on the floor, past the spilt box of crayons, and the two week pile of mail to get to the kitchen...where you by pass the kitchen table we haven't seen the top of in 2 weeks, or the counter tops that for as sticky as they are, I am sure could find an new superglue type of bond, the dirty dishes from last nights ice cream that came out just 10 minutes after I had cleared up and washed all the dinner dishes, and try not tog et stuck on teh little dried up pond of apple juice your son spilt on the floor at sometime but nobody bothered to wipe up, and maybe just take that pile of tools sitting by the door waiting to go back out to your workbench for 2 months, and don't forget to walk past the overflowing garbage can.  OPEN YOUR EYES MAN...PICK SOMETHING!!!  Do you think the toilet stays sparkley white by itself?  Or the floor vaccuum, sweep and mop themselves?  (he does help with laundrybut it is more like 70-30 on that...and typically when he changes the laundry...it is to throw in his own stuff...so at times I am really mad...I will not wash his stuff)

WhoseLineBabygirl

Post by WhoseLineBabygirl » Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:44 pm

no i'm like that too, just a few seconds ago i bitched at my roomate to put down the toilet seat when he was done!!! i dont like that, its driving me crazy right now cause its a bit messy in my house since my roomate just moved in, i dont like to clean but when i do i get on a roll and i cant seem to stop myself, i get a bit annoyed when i go to someone else's house and theres stuff everywhere and i'm thinking "clean much?? good lord pick up a few things!!!"

comfort29

Post by comfort29 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:54 pm

oohhh...the toilet seat thing would bother me too...I am fortunately that my husband and children all put it down.  But what does bother me is that they can't change the toilet paper roll when they use it up.  They bring out a new one, but leave the empty one hanging...and the garbage is RIGHT BELOW IT..literally just drop the darn thing in.

Nicole

Post by Nicole » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:28 pm

comfort29 wrote:I have a kindship with you Nicole.  You are a hoot.  

I totally relate to the mean look.  It is like suddenly eyes open..."this house is a pigsty"
and then i start cleaning...if nobody else picked up this mood in 10 seconds and jumps up to help then I am slamming stuff around.  (they should be able to read my mind)
My husband hasn't learned yet to get up and help when that 'whim' has struck me...
so then the mean look really comes out and  more things start banging around if he keeps sitting in the chair. I am even known to drop what I am doing just to vacuum where he is sitting and trying to watch tv (that subtle revenge thing).

And what really gets me wild...is when he keeps asking what is wrong when I am cleaning and banging stuff around...and after about twenty rounds of "what is wrong?"  "nothing"...I finally announce he could be helping clean...and then he looks at me and says "what should I do?"  Well lets see...wade through the ankle deep amount of toys on the floor, past the spilt box of crayons, and the two week pile of mail to get to the kitchen...where you by pass the kitchen table we haven't seen the top of in 2 weeks, or the counter tops that for as sticky as they are, I am sure could find an new superglue type of bond, the dirty dishes from last nights ice cream that came out just 10 minutes after I had cleared up and washed all the dinner dishes, and try not tog et stuck on teh little dried up pond of apple juice your son spilt on the floor at sometime but nobody bothered to wipe up, and maybe just take that pile of tools sitting by the door waiting to go back out to your workbench for 2 months, and don't forget to walk past the overflowing garbage can.  OPEN YOUR EYES MAN...PICK SOMETHING!!!  Do you think the toilet stays sparkley white by itself?  Or the floor vaccuum, sweep and mop themselves?  (he does help with laundrybut it is more like 70-30 on that...and typically when he changes the laundry...it is to throw in his own stuff...so at times I am really mad...I will not wash his stuff)

OMG~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm so dieing here laughing....
My husband said holy crap she's you~!!

I'm so laughing...
Your awesome... :smt003

comfort29

Post by comfort29 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:39 pm

I feel I have found a long lost soul twin!!  

sooooo glad I am not the only one.  

I am sure your husband is glad he isn't the only one dealing with it too.  hahahahahah

Nicole

Post by Nicole » Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:26 pm

comfort29 wrote:I feel I have found a long lost soul twin!!  

sooooo glad I am not the only one.  

I am sure your husband is glad he isn't the only one dealing with it too.  hahahahahah
He's wonderful really he is..
He's a Gemi..
We met when we was 18 at the same work place..
Here we are today~!!:smt020

I'll be back tonight I have to keep my line open..
Yes I'm on dial up..
I know go head laugh...Ha-Ha~!!

tatra

Post by tatra » Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:03 am

I'm not a scorpio, but I work closely with one... He's the most meticulous man I've ever met in my life.
He's isn't rigid, it seems, but he's extremely methodical and as I used above, meticulous. Every day he wakes up 3 hours before it's time to go to work. Makes coffee, takes a shower, (I have never seen him skip a day.) I assume washes and presses his clothing, comes to work, cleans and lubricates all of his blades (we're pet groomers.), organizes his drawer, and then spends about 3 hours grooming one dog (meanwhile I've already finished 3 in the time it takes him to do one.) He's a perfectionist.

He's goofy and fun, and doesn't seem to mind that everyone else is scattered, (although he loves to tell me when I'm not treating my work tools properly), and very few people can use his stuff without him blowing a head gasket. I think it's funny... his best friend swears he's not anal... but man, I've never seen anyone quite as meticulous as he is. I haven't been to his house, but I know without seeing it, it's spotless, and he's a bachelor with 3 dogs. lol.

Mandimedea

Post by Mandimedea » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:31 pm

I know this thread is a little old, but I just read it and I am sooooo like that too.  Hate to clean, but when I do I clean completely.  I can't stand messes and get very upset and start banging things around.  I have since started to remain calm and try to react more positively.  haha so true  good to know I am not the only one.

Tat

Post by Tat » Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:59 am

personally ,i don't mind chaos at all  :smt004

Jamie

Post by Jamie » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:16 pm

You said "But I have to be able to do a project full throttle or I won't waste the effort. "

and that is sooo typical. Read this  page for yourself and you'll know that it's ingrained inside you because of your sign, not just a personality  thing.

I'm married to a Scorpio and he exhibits all these behaviors which I now see as normal! :)

Return to “Scorpio - October 21 - November 20”