addictions...

Meet people born under Scorpio here

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

comfort29

addictions...

Post by comfort29 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:42 am

I guess I haven't notice in previous literature...but are scorpio's prone to addictions?  

I smoked for 9 years...and then just quit cold turkey (almost 9 yrs ago)...I mean...for a controled sun sign...do addictions have control over us, or do we just let it thinks it does and truely we have the control?

WhoseLineBabygirl

Post by WhoseLineBabygirl » Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:01 am

i'm addicted to milk and chocolate

Nicole

Re: addictions...

Post by Nicole » Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:51 am

comfort29 wrote:I guess I haven't notice in previous literature...but are scorpio's prone to addictions?  

I smoked for 9 years...and then just quit cold turkey (almost 9 yrs ago)...I mean...for a controled sun sign...do addictions have control over us, or do we just let it thinks it does and truely we have the control?
I think It's one of our great talent..
I love changes...
But man oh man~!!

I use to have many I don't do them no more...

My new one now is eat better and lower my sugar...
I do eat allot better now, it's the little yum yums... ROTFL

I stopped smoking, will be a year next month March 30th..
It's still hard at times, but it passes fast real fast witch is a great, great +
I HATE the smell of a smoker and one who smokes near me...
I feel so bad about doing it all them years,
I started very, very young 6 years old sneaking them with a friend...:smt064

Our poor son had to smell that when we came in from outside..
I'm so use to it growing up I always hated the smell anyways but...

I told my son I'm so sorry
I hope he never gets second hand smoke aka cancer..
I couldn't handle it...
I can't say sorry enough to my little man...
I'm so glad I stopped and my husband...:smt052
I really wasn't sure We could even make it this far....
I told God do what ever it takes to never let me smoke again.. :smt100
And he hears me.. :)
I walk by a person(s) who does and I want to  :smt078
I start chewing gum like there is noooooooooooo tomorrow..Ha-Ha~!!
It's not easy, I will pray for anyone who is willing to try to stop...
I really didn't think I could do it..
I knew I needed allot of will power and my lords help
I prayed allot in the day and night..
I still do, to get me through a hour or a day...

Same goes for drinking..
It's a drug just like cigs..
I'l pray for anyone who is willing to stop,
even if you don't I'll pray anyways.. :)

Sorry I don't mean to sound like a church lady...
Just sharing what helped me and still does..

Hugs,  :smt006

My new addictions are~!!

((( ~*~Teaching our son life skills~*~ )))
Get a treadmill and use it twice a day or 3 times a day..
Wanting to learn to gardening
Planting flowers-
Canning- I got the kit now..LoL
sewing- Got one now..lol
Making a fire-pit-
Always learn new things for cooking I love to cook~!!
Be more loving and caring to my own family and not push them away..
Give myself more credit and stop thinking I'm not worth it..
And calling up my new friend,
and learn her ways of living and sharing ideas..  :)

wow, sorry so long..
This is my morning time to vent before my son and hubby woken up..LoL
Ñícolé

Mandimedea

Post by Mandimedea » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:42 pm

I smoked for a very long time, starting when I was very young and quit cold turkey 9 years ago.  The greatest achievement other than my children.  I know that I am prone to addictions, but when I set my mind on quitting something, I can do it and it makes me stronger.

trish76

Ditto

Post by trish76 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:46 pm

I agree with Mandimedea. I am prone to addictions but once I set my mind to quitting, or decide that it's really not serving me, that's pretty much it. Of course I have to get around to setting my mind to it first....lol ;)
Live happily, laugh heartily, love completely :)

muscababy

Post by muscababy » Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:06 pm

I like scotch and good cigars!
I quit quiting.....A TOTAL waste of time!
Too many other things to do, dontchaknow..... :smt003
"Well, THIS is going to be a fun ride!...."

mrs.rddbrown

Post by mrs.rddbrown » Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:23 pm

addition is a sickness, prone to any one
yeah mon

astrologer50

Re: addictions...

Post by astrologer50 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:01 pm

comfort29 wrote:I guess I haven't notice in previous literature...but are scorpio's prone to addictions?  

Anyone can have addictions and scorpio is no less 'addictive' than any of the other sun signs. Perhaps someone with a planet in 12th house is more prone to addictions, secret drinking, drug taking even secret love affairs.

You need to understand there is far far more to astrology than just ‘sun signs’ firstly there are 10planets in the sky and 12houses and any one of these 10planets can be in any one of these 12 houses – so there’s 144 possible combinations there –

What is vitally important is your ‘time of birth’ and nearest town and then go to free website like astro.com to calculate your natal chart, you may have to reduce the image in Extended chart selection to 63% save to your hard drive, then upload here.

You need to post your chart in Western reading forum, you can get this free very easily from www.astro.com. You may have to reduce the image to 63% in Extended chart selection

Basic astrology
Now basically your sun sign is your 'core beliefs, values, ego' and Asc is your physical body, mode of expression and mask and persona that we all wear and hide behind, but definitely not what's going on underneath. What's going on underneath is your Sun sign. Moon sign, house placements and aspects describe your emotional and intuitive responses, also describes your view of your mother, as saturn describes your father by sign and house position.

So, think of a glass milk bottle the bottle is your Asc and your sun the milk, but the milk still has to 'come out' through the glass neck of the milk bottle....

Now aspects within a natal chart represent 'facets' of our personality, because we are all multifaceted beings. What these do is 'break down and compartmentalise' these facets into smaller bite size chunks. This does take quite a lot of self analysis and objectivity to 'see yourself' and why you do certain things and behave in certain ways. Actually it can be quite good therapy...

Remember back to your school days an opposition is 180', square 90', trine 120', and sextile 60' Now challenged aspects are conj (depending on the planets, cos some like each other and some really don't) squares and oppositions. Easy aspects are conj (if the planets get along) eg: Jupiter conj Moon, sextile and trine. Quincunx is inbetween (depending on the planets) causes health strains and unresolved or hard to balance planets/energies.

gradeasmarts

Post by gradeasmarts » Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:23 am

I'm addicted to cigarettes
“Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music.”

Cyrenius

Post by Cyrenius » Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:09 pm

Scorpios tend to be adicted to everything. It can be chocolate, games, tabaco, internet, sex, drugs.... but we can quit easyer then others.
But I think the biggest adiction for us is not vices, but persons(especialy the loved ones)

*Happi*Happi*Joi*Joi*

Post by *Happi*Happi*Joi*Joi* » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:10 am

I believe we have all the power with addiction. Anyone who says "I can't quit" just doesn't have a sincere WANT to quit. You have to be passionate about ending an addiction. And I agree with cyrenius, about addictions not only being vices but people as well. That is a reacuring theme in my life.

Return to “Scorpio - October 21 - November 20”