Has anyone else noticed this?

Meet people born under Scorpio here

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Naravyn

Has anyone else noticed this?

Post by Naravyn » Sun May 25, 2008 4:49 pm

I've read somewhere about Scorpio's in families that with the birth of a Scorpio, there is the death of a family member within a year before or after. Also that with the death of a Scorpio, there is a birth within a year before or after. The one born or dying is of no particular other birth sign. When I read this the first time, it struck a chord with me, so I started looking at things in my family.

My greatgrandmother who raised my mother died when i was 9 months old. She was buried on my mom's 18th birthday.
My niece was born on Nov. 11th 2004. In October of 2005, my Grandmother's Husband (not my grandfather but in the family for years) died of a massive heart attack.
Then just last month, my Grandmother who was a Scorpio, died, exactly 8 months to the day after 2nd daughter was born.

I am slowly trying to make connections further back in my lineage to see if there are more. I have also spoken to others who have noticed this happening in their lineage. My mom says there is a connection with Scorpios and Leos. Oddly enough, my mother is a Leo and I have 2 Leo daughters.

What are some of your thoughts on this? I'd love to hear from anyone on what they think about this. Have you noticed this same thing happening?

WhoseLineBabygirl

Post by WhoseLineBabygirl » Sun May 25, 2008 9:07 pm

hmmm i'll have to ask my mom about that one i'm not sure. that i know of there wasent a death in the family after i was born

Marion

Post by Marion » Tue May 27, 2008 5:00 am

Interesting topic.  Going on my family, no one died twelve months before or after I was born.  
On my husbands side the same thing, his sister had a scorpio daughter and no died either.  
I have done my family tree on both my side and my husband, and some lines going back to the 1600's and nothing like that has shown up.

My Nan was a leo, and my middle son is a leo.  We have five different signs under one roof..
It definately makes life interesting.

I hope this helps in some way.

Hugs
Marion
*•♥’,.•♥’,.•*♥’,.♥•*
  *•’ ♥`Maz´♥•*
*•♥’,.•♥’,.•*♥’,.♥•*

Naravyn

Post by Naravyn » Tue May 27, 2008 2:19 pm

I believe it it is an interesting topic as well, that's why I posted it. Whether or not it is just a coincidence, I do not know, but it is still an odd occurance, that's for sure.

Nicole

A thought~!!

Post by Nicole » Tue May 27, 2008 3:33 pm

My mothers grandfather died 9 days before I was born...

I forgot to say also,
my oldest brother is a Scorpio and his twin didn't make it...

So maybe it is true~??

desi3d

comment

Post by desi3d » Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:39 am

Linda Goodman's sunsigns page 317, 2nd Paragraph. I read it too long ago (1989) when I bought the book. Unfortunately I am the only Scorpio sun sign in my family so I could not investigate the theory. Nice to read about your coincidence. Nice to find so many Scorpios on this site, actually.
That which does not kill us, makes us stronger.

Naravyn

Post by Naravyn » Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:27 am

that book may have been where i read it, i think someone i knew had it and i was reading through it and saw it. i'd love to get the book just to see what else is in it.

mandypanda

Post by mandypanda » Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:34 am

I'm a Scorpio, and my great-grandfather died a few months before my birth.  I also have a cousin who is exactly six months older than I am.

ibsassy3

Scorpio mystery

Post by ibsassy3 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:13 pm

Ah death and birth - the Scorpio.   It had always been my understanding as well, a Scorpio is born, there is a death etc.   It happened shortly after I was born.   We Scorpios are the only sun signs that have the ability to regenerate, evolve, change...lizard, scorpion, eagle.   Think this might have anything to do with life and death?    Sassy
just trying to figure things out...

Youdah
Astrology Reader

Post by Youdah » Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:12 pm

I've heard this, too.  Perhaps it was the Goodman's book.  It would need some study to see if the theory actually held up in practice.  I do think that there is some of this with any sign, though.  When a child is on the way, the elders who are planning to die will wait until after the birth or until they know that all will be well, before they cross over.  I believe this is a conscious choice to wait until after some event has occurred.  It could be a birth, a marriage, a reunion, etc.

khepri

Riddle me this my Stinger Friends...

Post by khepri » Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:36 am

Why is it that every relationship that I have ever had with a Scorpio involved covert psychic politics? I am not sure If I am imagining things so please put me in check if I am off track. But each time that there is attraction between Scorpio and I it always feels Telepathic. I am considered a "sensitive" person (as I am told in my family) but often I find that Scorpios are cold to me on the surface and then after a series of interactions ranging from cold and awkward to fairly relaxed yet comfortably distant we are in some hot passionate embrace and I have gone from "how strange. I guess they aren't interested" to "someone call the fire department and make sure that there is a medic."

Does this mean I am having dysfunctional relationships with people in general or is this a characteristic indicative of my Scorpion friend? I come as an obvious fan and perhaps asking for clarity robs Scorpio of the mystery,l but the Mercury in me has a compulsive desire to know.

Any Advice from the Scorpion Continuum or Peanut Gallery? I am all ears and wide open. :smt002  :smt002  :smt002  :smt002  :smt002
Being happy doesn't mean everything's
perfect -  It means you've decided to see beyond the
imperfections

shameaz

Post by shameaz » Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:25 pm

I have never heard this before, and found this quite interesting!  I started thinking about it, and realized I have this pattern in my family.

My great grandmother died suddenly, and at a fairly young age, a year before I was born.

My Scorpio ex-stepfather (but still dad & best friend) died suddenly two years ago.  His new stepdaughter (he was close to her too) had an unexpected pregnancy leading to her son's birth a little over a year after his death.

HOWEVER....when my Gemini sister had her Scorpio daughter back in 1996, I don't remember a death around that.  Maybe there was one on her husband's side that I don't know about.  Hmmm...

Food for thought!

amberpsychics

Post by amberpsychics » Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:40 pm

I was very interested to read this topic..

My Grandfather died just after i turned one and my son was born the week before his birthday in feb,
my cousins birthday is a week before mine and our grandmother had died on that date, his father died a month after my birthday, my aunt died in october obviously a few days before my birthday, my other aunt died just after her dad's birthday. The day my uncle died was the same day the next generation was born into the family and 4 years later to the day the next child in the family was born... This is all on my mam's side where my gift comes from so I'm not sure if its anything to do with being a scorpian but were coincidental..

rs1179

Post by rs1179 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:52 am

i have heard this too. i'm a scorpio and i believe my uncle died when i was about a year old. other than that i;ve seen no other instances

Son of Rah

Post by Son of Rah » Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:44 pm

They say that Scorpio's are the sign of the mysteries and taboo's so it wouldn't surprise me at all if it were true as I have had a similar experience to the one you are describing but its not just about life, death and rebirth there are other changes which as new born baby or the death of a relative signify.............Life could be a new life as death could be the change in the way you think hence a rebirth, I also think we often think of things in the most drastic way possible when we should remember that everything is energy and energy cannot be destroyed.............

Return to “Scorpio - October 21 - November 20”