spiritual travelers I've seen

Explore the different kinds of mystic travel and journeys. Know more about mystic destinations, spiritual journeys, holistic vacations and retreats.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

ConfusedMind

spiritual travelers I've seen

Post by ConfusedMind » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:17 am

I can say that I have had spiritual travel experience. But the way I have experienced them may inspire debates. So let me tell you about the people who, I’m pretty sure, have experienced a spiritual travel or a mystic travel of the soul.

I had been to Hrishikesh, one of the most popular mystic places in India, and I met the sadhus there. They are nothing extraordinary but the extraordinariness of their ways of living. I came to learn that you just cannot leave your home and become a sadhu. You need to attain a siddhi. Siddhi is a dimension of spiritual achievement. I really did not understand all of what they said. But I could not but be surprised at their abilities. They had laptops gifted by their followers. They have mobile phones and they are well proficient in using them. But they do not have or try to have money. They eat as little as they need to. They wear nothing. They are called nanga baba (the naked monk) and it is their power to mould their souls that they really do not need anything but the mind for combating the below 5°C temperature; and that too, not for minutes, not for hours, but for days in and days out. With all my warm clothes I was shivering terribly while the nanga sadhu I was talking to behaved and talked in the way as if he was enjoying the spring breeze.

Isn’t that a spiritual travel?

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:49 pm

It sounds more like mind over matter.  A psychic or spiritual journey is more than the mind.

I personally know of a man who believed if he thought he did not need a winter coat over his suit, he would be warm enough.  And he was through a Canadian winter.  

God bless, J

nighthawk

Post by nighthawk » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:24 am

yes, I think it is a spiritual journey to get to the place where they could live that way. All of life is a spiritual journey in itself. The spirit controls the mind which controls the body. We choose our own reality every day. Energy is all around us, we manipulate it constantly. Simply breathing is an act of manipulating energy, but even babies do it. Conciously manipulating energy takes a lot of study, dicipline and plain work.

FairyQueen

Post by FairyQueen » Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:11 am

Sometimes travel within your mind is needed to reach to a proper conclusion. Decision making process itself propels the right decision. Go in a pensieve mood and recollect your past and present to make the future better.

Mind traveling once in a month is good for mental health

Elgina

Post by Elgina » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:46 am

I absolutely agree on this point. Here is the relevant link as well

http://www.mystictravelguide.com/mystic ... -tour.html

FairyQueen

Post by FairyQueen » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:07 am

I learned quite an interesting article named Destination moon http://www.mystictravelguide.com/mystic ... -moon.html

Give it a try and have a trip to moon this time.

Elgina

Post by Elgina » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:12 am

I read it too. It is interesting. I read the article on Mount Everest. It is interesting as well.

http://www.mystictravelguide.com/mystic ... erest.html

ConfusedMind

Post by ConfusedMind » Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:44 am

full moon, blue moon or no moon. i'm never going to that dry ball. there's no guarantee how it behaves. moreover, it is weak in attracting. and i am not eager to lose weight that i should travel to the moon to feel lighter. hmm... diet crazy fat girls can give it a try and turn lunatics.
I'm weird

misty sur

A Trip to Borra Caves

Post by misty sur » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:47 pm

I have been to Borra Caves, Araku Valley.  the caves were built naturally and entirely of calcium and mica about 35000 years ago.  inside the caves, there is a different world of its own. the cold stone floors are always slippery because water pours from the roof for 24*7*365. bats populate the ceilings of the cave.  at places, mica shines from the stone walls. The guide also told me that many years ago, four saints tried to explore the dark and difficult areas of the cave and all of them died.  the caves are gigantic and the stones have taken different shapes every here and there. somewhere, it looks like the divine couple Ram and Sita, somewhere it looks like a fish, somewhere it looks like Hanuman, the monkey God and somewhere, it looks like Lord Shiva.  these shapes are naturally created by just passing and turning ways of water on stones.  

isn't that spiritual?
Have fun, have faith in yourself and always have the best food!

misty sur

A Trip to Borra Caves

Post by misty sur » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:48 pm

I have been to Borra Caves, Araku Valley.  the caves were built naturally and entirely of calcium and mica about 35000 years ago.  inside the caves, there is a different world of its own. the cold stone floors are always slippery because water pours from the roof for 24*7*365. bats populate the ceilings of the cave.  at places, mica shines from the stone walls. The guide also told me that many years ago, four saints tried to explore the dark and difficult areas of the cave and all of them died.  the caves are gigantic and the stones have taken different shapes every here and there. somewhere, it looks like the divine couple Ram and Sita, somewhere it looks like a fish, somewhere it looks like Hanuman, the monkey God and somewhere, it looks like Lord Shiva.  these shapes are naturally created by just passing and turning ways of water on stones.  

isn't that spiritual?
Have fun, have faith in yourself and always have the best food!

Vivek Trivedi

Post by Vivek Trivedi » Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:01 am

spiritual journey is something which i want to experience,i have visited so many mystic places and puri is one of them.

Vivek Trivedi

Post by Vivek Trivedi » Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:02 am

spiritual journey is something which i want to experience,i have visited so many mystic places and puri is one of them.

symulhaque

Post by symulhaque » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:47 pm

Spiritual traveler leaves his physical body, and travels to the higher realms.

Return to “Mystic Travel Guide”