what is the iching

Explore the different kinds of mystic travel and journeys. Know more about mystic destinations, spiritual journeys, holistic vacations and retreats.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Dr.sedlak

what is the iching

Post by Dr.sedlak » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:41 pm

The I Ching (Wade-Giles), "Yì Jīng" (Pinyin), also known as the Book of Changes, Classic of Changes; and Zhouyi, is one of the oldest of the Chinese classic texts.[1] The book contains a divination system comparable to Western geomancy or the West African Ifá system; in Western cultures and modern East Asia, it is still widely used for this purpose.

The standard text originated from the ancient text (古文經) transmitted by Fei Zhi (费直, c. 50 BC-10 AD) of the Han Dynasty. During the Han Dynasty this version competed with the bowdlerised new text (今文經) version transmitted by Tian He at the beginning of the Western Han. However, by the time of the Tang Dynasty the ancient text version, which survived Qin’s book-burning by being preserved amongst the peasantry, became the accepted norm among Chinese scholars.

The earliest extant version of the text, written on bamboo slips, albeit incomplete, is the Chujian Zhouyi, and dates to the latter half of the Warring States period (mid 4th to early 3rd century BC), and certainly cannot be later than 223 BC, when Chu was conquered by Qin. It is essentially the same as the standard text, except for a few significant variora.

During the Warring States period, the text was re-interpreted as a system of cosmology and philosophy that subsequently became intrinsic to Chinese culture. It centred on the ideas of the dynamic balance of opposites, the evolution of events as a process, and acceptance of the inevitability of change.

indianastro916

ICIHNG

Post by indianastro916 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:35 am

Long time ago I developed a great interest in iching, I joined their forums, participated regularly with my questions about iching, lots of printed material about iching. That is a full fledged genuine knowledge but without a proper teacher it's hard to understand.

icedcake

HI

Post by icedcake » Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:13 pm

It sounds interesting
No. 1 post up here from me :D

Vivek Trivedi

Post by Vivek Trivedi » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:27 am

The I Ching    or "Yì Jīng" also known as the Classic of Changes, Book of Changes and Zhouyi, is one of the oldest of the Chinese classic texts. The book contains a divination system comparable to Western geomancy or the West African Ifá system; in Western cultures and modern East Asia, it is still widely used for this purpose.

srivijai

Post by srivijai » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:25 am

It is quite interesting  to read about The I Ching (Wade-Giles), "Yì Jīng" (Pinyin), also known as the Book of Changes, Classic of Changes; and Zhouyi
Astrology is a miracle Try to find out the destination Let us all make use of it and get benefited

symulhaque

Post by symulhaque » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:33 pm

It is very pleasure for me to know about the  "Yì Jīng".

Return to “Mystic Travel Guide”