How to get rid of Acne?

Know more about mystical therapies to cure illnesses and ailments. Get an insight into alternative healing treatments like Reiki, Aromatherapy, Ayurveda, Crystal Healing. Post comments and initiate discussions here to share your views on health and well being.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Natal

How to get rid of Acne?

Post by Natal » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:20 am

I usually wash my face atleast 3 times a day with a mild face wash. I also drink plenty of water regularly. I've tried a lot of products from the market but they are not so effective. Then from one of my colleague I got the name of Himani Boroplus Anti-Acne cream and I started using it for about 3 months. This is an herbal product and is working quite well on my skin. Hope to get rid of acne soon.

kirby!

Post by kirby! » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:35 am

do you eat a lot of spicy, pungent foods? i had a friend that was using a lot of garlic, ginger, onions etc. in her food and she is a fire sign. all that energy has to go somewhere. have you looked into Ayurveda to see what your consitution is and then go from there.

*let food be thy medicine medicine be thy food.

Kimmee

Post by Kimmee » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:52 pm

I used to have acne when I was younger and the best thing I found was Burt's Bees, it's 100% natural on many of it's products and 98% natural on the rest. It's really an amazing line of products at least in it's acne department, which I definitely recommend, but I haven't tried their other lines really.

Something else I noticed about their products is they are always really nice smelling when I tried any of them, because they are herbal/natural based. I used their citrus body wash before and liked it a lot, it helped with clogged pores on my back! I had problems with it for a few summers in a row (on my back and my chest right between the boobs  :smt005 ) but their body wash cleared it right up, and smelled really nice/natural/herbal which I loved.

The exact acne product I remember using the most from them was the spot-treatment one... it is like a liquid that rolls onto your skin on just the pimple (not the whole face) and I would put it on at night then in the morning and it would be gone by noon the next day... or by morning if it wasn't that bad. Keep your face clean, wash it and/or if it isn't too sore pat the affected pimple with a cleaner cloth just before putting on the Burt's Bees spot treatment. I had problems with only washing my face when I was in the shower because I was lazy -LOL- totally my fault! Why my skin was awful! So I'd like get those spot wipes and clean the pimple then put the spot treatment on just before bed and again in the morning... Instead of washing my face twice a day every single day. I don't have a favorite brand of cleaning cloths, just the ones that are labeled as moist towelettes for acne of the face?  I used the store brand and Neutrogena and wasn't attached to either *shrug*

If you're someone who doesn't wash their face like I was, put one of those shower hangers in your shower and face wash on the shower hanger. Every time you shower wash your face with both a cream and gel cleanser... yes, use one of each every time. That's what I started to do and it made my skin so healthy as I finally gave up poring over the sink and driving myself crazy all the time. I don't even shower every day but washing your face with an actual face wash while in the shower will save the pimples because you do it thoroughly, do not use body wash or bar soap on your face anymore! It was an epiphany for me to use that stupid shower rack for face wash haha. (I know I'm a slob! Please don't laugh!) If you are really ambitious, (heh) then after you get out of the shower put on some SPF 15 facial moisturizer and you're skin will be young forever! The moisturizer always goes on better when just showered and the SPF 15 saves you from burning on the face/neckline. Just make sure to get a facial one though or it'll clog the pores! I just checked and Burt's Bees does have a radiance spf 15 facial moisturizer... I might order some, I love drugstore.com!

enumero123

Post by enumero123 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:13 pm

tea tree oil  , b vitamins  to help with stress   ,look into your diet ,also bacteria which can be a cause ,and watch them hormones

enumero123

Post by enumero123 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:18 pm

i have seen some doctors subscribe  low dose antibiotics as a  daily  long term method  but dont like it ..   alternative again is your diet,let food be your medicine and medicine be your food ....you are what you eat ....

Kimmee

Post by Kimmee » Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:56 pm

I recommend that you be very careful when trying an antibiotic to try and clear something like acne up.

Antibiotics can cause digestive upset if they're taken and disagree with you. If that ever happens, try a probiotic such as culturel or just plain yogurt every day. You need some bacteria in your digestive tract to naturally break down foods you eat and when an antibiotic kills those bacteria then you can get diarrhea and/or vomiting until you heal your digestion with natural cure... Probiotics or live-culture yogurt and/or cottage cheese are the cure for when that happens.

Kimmee

Post by Kimmee » Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:04 pm

Oh you know what I just thought of... You meant that it was a topical antibiotic and not the kind that's a pill form.

The antibiotic creams from a doctor will be much different than an antibacterial soap from the grocery for acne combined with a good face wash? I can't understand unless it's an actual infection of some proportion... but antibiotics aren't what they usually prescribe for it unless you're pressing them. I mean I knew someone with eczema and they didn't take antibiotics for it that worked. They actually ended up using a tea face wash to cure it over a long time, or berries, I don't remember.

It was also allergies that caused it! If you're eating something you're allergic to it'll show on your skin! Try to go to an allergist and have a skin-prick AND blood test done to determine food and other allergies to find out what can possibly be causing it.

One thing that can make getting an allergy test easier is to keep in mind that it's testing histamines, so don't take anything that interferes with that (the doctor tells you this before hand). But also, check with them ahead of time about any and all medications you take to ask if they can interfere with an allergy test... I know one of my medications can make it hard for me to get an accurate reading because while it's not an anti-allergy medication it blocks the skin prick test from working correctly so I had to come off of it 3 weeks in advance. That's all.

Definitely get an allergy test every 10 years if your health insurance can afford it... Or once in a never if you can afford it yourself, meaning if there is any cause for an allergy test! *hugs* Such as chronic bad skin... may be your food like everyone said.

enumero123

Post by enumero123 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:31 pm

no i was speaking of the pill  and have seen it used ,but i agree with you it is not advised

enumero123

Post by enumero123 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:36 pm

i am not a doctor, but i did work in the health care field for many years  i have some doctor friends and my sister is a manager of a doctors office and works directly with the doctors and patience's

Breddy

Post by Breddy » Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:53 am

In my opinion acne is common problem. We can get rid with this problem easily. We should drink lot of water in a day because water is best for acne. Lemon juice is also beneficial. Green tea and fruits both are best solution of acne.
Last edited by Breddy on Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wyatt

Post by Wyatt » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:01 am

Hi fellows...
Acne has no medical treatment at all. It usually ends with the age. But sometimes it prolongs its life and it is pretty tough to control it. There is only some prevention measures which can stop it from reappearing. Water intake is one of the best treatments of acne. Use water as cleansing agent to keep your face clean from dust and germs.

Heathcliff

Post by Heathcliff » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:25 am

Hi Natal,
Some more tips to get rid of acne are:
Reduce stress with exercise daily and increase water intake and do take raw food, nuts and seeds more in your diet plans.
Reduce refined carbohydrates, red meat and sugar intake and avoid caffeine and alcohol.

Shown

Post by Shown » Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:24 pm

Acne is a common problem and it happens due to heavy use of oily food. We can prevent with acne by drinking lot of water in a day. Fruits are also good for skin.  Anyway great information and i like it.

hangbi

Re: How to get rid of Acne?

Post by hangbi » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:11 pm

They will reduce with time but theres not quick therapy. My scratch was little and it survived about 1 decades. Just on underneath of the returning of my thumb

reesemorgon

Post by reesemorgon » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:07 pm

Acne is a very distressing skin condition. If you are suffering from it, then you will have a lot of scars for a long time to process. Worse, no make-up, completely covered up. Therefore, you will need to find out how to get rid of acne scars good, so, you are not ashamed to face-to-face contact with other people.So use the best acne cream ,it's best for skin.

Return to “Mystic Health Care”