Do you know the health benefits of Ginger?

Know more about mystical therapies to cure illnesses and ailments. Get an insight into alternative healing treatments like Reiki, Aromatherapy, Ayurveda, Crystal Healing. Post comments and initiate discussions here to share your views on health and well being.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

misty sur

Do you know the health benefits of Ginger?

Post by misty sur » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:24 am

can anyone tell me what ginger  can do to make us healthier?

prasanna

Post by prasanna » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:18 pm

Ginger has been used as a natural remedy for many ailments for centuries. Now, science is catching up and researchers around the world are finding that ginger works wonders in the treatment of everything from cancer to migraines. Here are ten health benefits of this powerful herb:

Ovarian Cancer Treatment
Ginger may be powerful weapon in the treatment of ovarian cancer. A study conducted at the University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center found that ginger powder induces cell death in all ovarian cancer cells to which it was applied.

Colon Cancer Prevention
A study at the University of Minnesota found that ginger may slow the growth of colorectal cancer cells.

Morning Sickness
A review of several studies has concluded that ginger is just as effective as vitamin B6 in the treatment of morning sickness.

Motion Sickness Remedy
Ginger has been shown to be an effective remedy for the nausea associated with motion sickness.

Reduces Pain and Inflammation
One study showed that ginger has anti-inflammatory properties and is a powerful natural painkiller.

Heartburn Relief
Ginger has long been used as a natural heartburn remedy. It is most often taken in the form of tea for this purpose.

Cold and Flu Prevention and Treatment
Ginger has long been used as a natural treatment for colds and the flu. Many people also find ginger to be helpful in the case of stomach flus or food poisoning, which is not surprising given the positive effects ginger has upon the digestive tract.

Migraine Relief
Research has shown that ginger may provide migraine relief due to its ability to stop prostaglandins from causing pain and inflammation in blood vessels.

Menstrual Cramp Relief
In Chinese medicine, ginger tea with brown sugar is used in the treatment of menstrual cramps.

Prevention of Diabetic Nephropathy
A study done on diabetic rats found that those rats given ginger had a reduced incidence of diabetic nephropathy (kidney damage).

P.S.
Dear friend, I would request u to go through the Health and Beauty forum, where I posted so many articles on so many herbs,  fruits and vegetables. Thank you.
prasanna

LEAD, KINDLY LIGHT. LOVE IS GOD, LOVE IS OCEAN, " Love Is Eternal. " LIVE TO LOVE TO LIVE.

Jordan21

Post by Jordan21 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:30 am

I appreciate you dude I think you have great knowledge about the ginger.
you post about the ginger  explain the whole benefits.

Beresford

Post by Beresford » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:55 am

Ginger, it works wonders if the above information true.
Personally I like ginger very much and I use it in  meals occasionally..
Now that I have come to know more benefits of ginger, I will it my habit to use it more often.

Michealleo

Post by Michealleo » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:06 am

hi thnanks for sharing good topics . what all i know about ginger .
Ginger has alots of health benefits for our health like ,
Fantastic for digestion
Helps relieve sickness
Brilliant for INdigestion.
It aids relief of diarrhoea

Generally a super-food!

If u guys know more about ginger then please share with me . THanks alots
Micheal

Barryel

Post by Barryel » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:50 am

Hi misty sur,
Some more benefits of ginger are:
It is great antioxidant,
It has anti inflammatory agents,
It eases throat pain,
It prevents from certain types of cancer,
It prevent from stroke and heart attack,
It lowers blood cholesterol level.

Dillan

Post by Dillan » Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:12 am

HI,
Ginger is very good for health.I personally use it in meals occasionally..Now that I have come to know more benefits of ginger i will it my habit to use it more often.
Dillan

stevesmith

Post by stevesmith » Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:36 am

Hi prasanna,:smt006
Really great information posted here about ginger.. Thanks for sharing..

Heathcliff

Post by Heathcliff » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:20 am

Hi Misty,
Ginger is used to claim upset stomach, cold, cough and soothing. Ginger is used to treat allergies and helps in lowering cholesterol level.

Vivek Trivedi

Post by Vivek Trivedi » Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:14 am

Ginger has carminative properties  and can be used to calm in upset stomach, providing relief for the relief of bloating and gas.
The intake of ginger helps stimulate the secretion of mucus, quieting your cough and soothing any scratchiness I your throat.
Ginger has been proven  to treat feelings of nausea, particularly in the form of seasickness, morning sickness, motion sickness and as a side effect of chemotherapy.
Ginger contains anti viral, anti toxic, and anti fungal properties, and is used for the prevention of and treatment against the common cold.
Ginger acts as an antihistamine and aids in the treatment of allergies.

Shown

Post by Shown » Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:18 pm

Its a fantastic post about ginger. I know the importance of ginger. It has so many health benefits. I like to eat ginger in my food.

Gold Coast Gym

raju121

ginger help

Post by raju121 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:41 pm

hi
I think ginger is good when you have cough. Also it can be used when to cook food to make it spicy. It can be used in different types of Indian and Western cooking.

symulhaque

Post by symulhaque » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:52 pm

Thank you for your post about ginger.

Return to “Mystic Health Care”