Pythagorean Tetractus Spread.

A forum for development and investigation of ideas. Not for short questions...then Use Tarot Forum.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

Payewacker

Pythagorean Tetractus Spread.

Post by Payewacker » Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:05 pm

Hi all,

I was researching the question of physical manifestation of psyckic events, in particular these being predicted by Tarot.

3     2
                          6     5     4
                       10   9     8    7

This in turn led me to Pythagorean teachings and specifically the tetractus, which also symbolizes the four elements being Earth, water, air and fire. The first four numbers symbolizes the harmony of the spheres and the cosmos, the four rows added up to ten, which is unity to a higher order (in decimal).
the 1st row represent zero-dimensions (a point),
the 2nd row represent one dimension (a line of two points)
the third row represented two dimensions (a plane defined by a triangle of three points),
the fourth row represented three-dimensions (a tetrahedron defined by four points.

What i found interesting is that the teachings narrow down events to mathematical calculations as found in numerology, thus the notion to beleive numerology being a possible "replacement" for Tarot. The same, a methaphysical symbol that symbol that embraces within itself in seedlike form the principals of the natural world.

Considering the above, the tetractus is also linked to the Jewish Kaballah and influenced the tetractus. a Hebrew tetractus in a similar way has the letters of the name of  God or Tetragrammaton, inscribed in the ten positions of the tetractus from right to left.

This all bringing us to a spread based on the tetractus. The various positions of the tetractus provide a representation for forecasting future events.
The first row of a single position represents the premise of the reading, forming a foundation for understanding all the other cards.

The second row of 2 positions represents the cosmos and the individual and their relationship.
: The light card to the right represents the influence of the cosmos leading the individual to an action.
: The dark card to the left represents the reaction of the cosmos to the actions of the individual.

The third row of three positions represents three kinds of decisions an individual must make.
:The creator card is rightmost, representing new decisions and directions that may be made.
: The sustainer card is in the middle, representing decisions to keep balance, and things that should not change.
:the destroyer card is leftmost, representing old decisions and directions that should not be continued.

The fourth row of four positions represents the four Greek elements.
:The fire card is rightmost, representing dynamic creative force, ambitions and personal will.
: The air card is to the right middle, representing the mind, thoughts, and strategies toward goals.
: The water card is to the left middle, representing the emotions, feelings and whims.
:The Earth card is leftmost, representing physical realities of day to day living.

I haven't tried this spread, but thought to have a few of us lokk at it and comment. Yes it seems a bit longwinded, i find that to fully understand the Major Arcanum, linked to the kabbala and in turn to the tetractus a piece of history to be investigated.

I am also convinced that our moderators and teachers would really be the best to comment on this, as they have a lot more experience than most of us!!

This is the Link to the main doc:
Google link:
https://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AZyu ... taGI&hl=en

Blessed be.
Last edited by Payewacker on Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:12 am, edited 3 times in total.

chrisdee

Post by chrisdee » Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:42 am

Hi Payewacker
i don't bring any religion in to tarot cards but i also do not dismiss their theories either although i know Ive lots to learn i thought i could do it with out learning numerology ,i hate numbers. i put Pythagorean tetractus Tarot in my browser and came up with Pythagorean tetractys Tarot although i havent completely read this article but i will.
I now for my own satisfaction have to study numerology as your theory on narrowing down events to mathematical calculations seems logical

Payewacker

Post by Payewacker » Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:53 pm

Hi Chrisdee,

I am not studying numerology, only tarot, not even astrology, for myself I don't want to split or spread myself to thinly, Tarot has so many angles and incorporates all and everything to a certain degree, the website you should go to is  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetractys interestingly, some of the key words are links you can explore, especially the elements and how you can understand the compilation eg: fire is primarily hot and secondarily dry.

This is also then when the directions come into play, i think when you start investigating these links, a vast new world of Tarot is revealed!!!!!!!!

Blessed be
Do as you want, Harm none!

Payewacker

Post by Payewacker » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:49 am

Hi Guys.

I posted a spread years ago and just though of uplifting it again. I will host it and add the Link for Pirbid to edit and add it to Tarot Topics.

Blessed be.

pirbid

Post by pirbid » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:20 pm

:) Hi all!

I just added it under the CC links, and I will do so with any other curious spread you post, so we have them all grouped together.

Have fun! Miss you all, but I'm still so busy I've hardly any time to sleep.

Hugs  :smt020
Sunshine from the islands of eternal spring ;)

Payewacker

Post by Payewacker » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:04 pm

Hi Pirbid.

You know when I posted this the first time, whenever. Doing a search on google brought it up as the first link of thousands, I actually searched for it to get a better understanding of the triangle.

Then I thought just bring it up again.

Yes, I'm having fun although i've been unwell, and and........

I have an arsenal of thrones and all the rituals etc used by the Popes, the coat of arms, ag you name it, it's here. Interesting point is to see that the Vatican's coat of arm has the two keys in the form of an X,,, my,my,... the X factor and Osiris?

Blessed be

Return to “Tarot Discussion And Ideas”