Major Arcana and the Hebrew Alphabet and Minor Arcana

A forum for development and investigation of ideas. Not for short questions...then Use Tarot Forum.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

Citroz

Major Arcana and the Hebrew Alphabet and Minor Arcana

Post by Citroz » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:02 pm

Aside from the 22 letters and 22 cards they share what other connections are there

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:05 pm

This is a good question Citroz and am sure PW will reply once he's seen it.

Cheers

Payewacker

Post by Payewacker » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:50 pm

Hi Citroz,

The associations of the Majors, the 22 letters of the Hebrew Aleph-Beth, should not be considered as typical and isolated relationships between the letters and further to the Majors.

You should go to the Tarot Topics sticky, where all the links are listed to the docs I'm hosting on Google.

You would need to start with Aleph to fully understand the relationship of each letter to the other. The letters in the Aleph-Beth exist in the Archetypal, Existential and Cosmic levels of energy. We have astrological (Zodiac) and planetary associations as well.

Furthermore, The Celtic Cross spread consisting of ten cards, is a walk taken through the Archetypal, which is Aleph (1) to Teth (90. From Yod (10) we explore the existential to Tzaddi (90) into the Cosmic from Qoph (100) to Tzadde Final (900)  The most important thing to remeber is that all the letters link from the Archetypal to the existential (our space-time) and ultimately to the Cosmic (beyond our space-time), which in itself has five finals that consider the further development of specific letters. Although we say the Aleph-Beth has only 22 letters, it's not entirely, "the ultimate" accepted theory. We actually find 27 letters, should we include the five finals, of which I'm currently designing their own Major cards.

You can go to this Google link and view the Astrological associations:
Google link:
http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AZyuZ ... cWM1&hl=en

Scroll down on the Tarot forum and you will find postings of mine with the heading Payewacker's Tarot. I'm doing each letter on it's own, the CC template and CC and how to read it, is updated frequently to include the numbers as we go along.

I'm sure you will find what you are looking for. Should you have any questions, please post it under the thread dedicated to that Topic please.

Blessed be.

Payewacker

Post by Payewacker » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:03 pm

Hi Citroz,

You seem to be very interested in how Tarot fits together. I hope this is not presumptious of me, to ask if you could help me to research the Court card astro associations.

Go to this link to get the full discussion:
https://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AZyu ... zaGM&hl=en

Blessed be.
Do as you want, Harm none!

Return to “Tarot Discussion And Ideas”