Help interpreting a reading

A forum for development and investigation of ideas. Not for short questions...then Use Tarot Forum.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

littlewing

Help interpreting a reading

Post by littlewing » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:46 am

Hi,

I have had an interest in tarot for years but am only just beginning the process of trying to learn and understand the cards and readings in more depth. I have been using them to help me take a more peaceful approach to understanding and tempering my emotions rather than as a predictive tool. I have been under a lot of stress the past year and was overreacting and being over-emotional so, in that sense, they have been of great help to me.

Anyway, today I did a general reading for myself, no specific question, but I have frequently had someone I recently met on my mind. This is the first time in weeks the cards haven't seemed all over the place and I wondered if someone would help me interpret the reading, for instructional purposes, but also to determine how significant it might be.

I used the Celtic Cross and drew the following cards;
1. The Lovers
2. 5 of Pentacles
3. 6 of Cups
4. 7 of Cups
5. 4 of Pentacles
6. 3 of Cups
7. Queen of Cups
8. Strength
9. 9 of Wands
10. King of Wands

I have been using a handbook which describes those positions as;
1. Present
2. Influence
3. Past
4. Basis
5. Crown
6. Future
7. Fears
8. How others see you
9. Hopes
10. Outcome

(I included that in case there is confusion over the order in which I laid out the cards - because that sometimes confuses me! :-) )

Thank you in advance, I am a novice and want to see if my interpretation is on the right path.

Payewacker

Post by Payewacker » Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:18 pm

Hi,

I compiled a "tutorial" on the CC. This is the most well known theory on it. Go to this forum: http://mysticboard.org/vi ... 62&start=0 and look for "the Celtic Cross and how to read it. You will be directed to a Google doc.

Blessed be.

Return to “Tarot Discussion And Ideas”