How to better understand my cards (rider-waite tarot deck) especially the major arcana

A forum for development and investigation of ideas. Not for short questions...then Use Tarot Forum.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

ieatbooks92

How to better understand my cards (rider-waite tarot deck) especially the major arcana

Post by ieatbooks92 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:35 pm

I received my tarot deck about 2 weeks ago and so far i'm getting fairly accurate results (when i'm concentrating) but I still can't tell what the spread is saying as a whole.
i started off with just pulling one card (i'll pull another if it feels like i need to) and answering a question that way. I learned the celtic cross but it's so much info at once so I'm learning a much simpler 5 card spread but it seems it's more for specific situations rather than questions.
What other spreads are there? How do I learn the card meanings better without having to rely on my book so much (78 degrees of wisdom)?
I take my deck with me everywhere i go and keep them on my night stand next to my bed. I heard meditating helps but I suck at that.
naty

Annaura

Post by Annaura » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:33 am

ieatbooks92, the only way to become more familiar to your deck is to work with it as much as pissible. And trust you intuition and your ideas.
To take the decj with you is nice but I dont think there will be a good result.
You may draw the cards in the spread - it will help you to see the connections between its elements.
Keep your head in cold, and chakras higher

TarotModerator

Post by TarotModerator » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:31 am

Hi,

Sorry for a late response.

To totally rely on your book and the explanations may work for the first few months after you acquire your deck. However, no matter which deck you have, you should find your own meanings based upon your "feel" for each card. You must also remeber that each card describes a specific situation or perhaps a set of differing circumstances. These are outlined by the "key words". When you read the cards, the main question should remain in your mind. Finding the answers is like linking the dots on a sheet of paper. These dots are specific key words in the description of the cards. In the end, you will recognize a clear thread throughout the spread.

The Celtic Cross is a complicated spread, but it gives you info on any area or aspect of a person's life. To isolate an answer, you would need to read the cards and remember specific keywords. For every question you only need to join the dots and find the thread.

:smt008
We run a self study course in Tarot...please sign up..work together with your fellow students...and if further help is needed...ask for help....

Return to “Tarot Discussion And Ideas”