Learning TAROT

A forum for development and investigation of ideas. Not for short questions...then Use Tarot Forum.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

Orchid31

Learning TAROT

Post by Orchid31 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:23 am

It's kind of crazy. I have dreams when I'm asleep that serve
as warning of what's to come or what is happening to those around me. I have always been interested in tarot. Getting my cards read is entertaining and provides a fresh out look from time to time. I would love to be able to read tarot for people especially since so many ask me for advice. Can I learn to read the tarot or do you have to have a gift for it. For example, I have those vivid dreams and others don't. Is reading tarot similar?

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:07 pm

You must be connected to the psychic or clairvoyant level...

Yes, you can learn the tarot, but learning it like a parrot does not really achieve much purpose (although card meanings are important), although using your intuition in conjunction to the cards does help.

Having vivid dreams and the tarot are similar? I dont know.... I wouldnt think so.
Have you ever handled or seen a tarot deck?

Let us start from that first question :)

Susie Psychic

Post by Susie Psychic » Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:21 pm

Anyone can learn to read tarot but only a few do have a gift for it.

Cedars asks a good question.

Have you looked at angel decks? From your post I get the feeling they may be more suitable as they are far easier to read than tarot, usually only 40 cards or so rather than the 78 in a tarot deck, and each card usually has little messages on that are easy to understand and pass on.

symulhaque

Post by symulhaque » Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:02 pm

I am also interested to learn about it.
symulhaqu07eee

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:19 pm

symulhaque wrote:I am also interested to learn about it.
Get a deck and start from there.

Tarotbycyndee

Anyone can learn

Post by Tarotbycyndee » Thu May 23, 2013 12:45 am

I believe anyone can learn to read tarot. You don't need to be "special" it's just those who are good at it, are more in tune with their spiritual side. But anyone can do it.

Yes others are correct, get a deck first. Any deck would work. I would recommend for you John Hollands "psychic tarot" I have a review on there that you can read under my name "cyndee"
Blessings,
Cyndee

Payewacker

Post by Payewacker » Sun May 26, 2013 3:13 pm

I suppose dreams are vivid pictures in your mind? Easily confused especially with a few dops hey? Cards are very usefull as they have the image in your face all the time. If you want to learn Tarot, get a deck. Intuition is also an acquired art, if I may say so!!!

You can read cards on the "hard" meanings only. a very theoretical approach then. But it works as well, however not for all.

To avoid confusion. You must get the Rider Waite deck. All the other has been derived from it, and is the actual "theory" of that specific author. To know Tarot properly, get the original and not a derivative. When you read cards, it's best to read on your own name and not that of another. Being a Tarotist is not merely reading a set of cards, and absolutely not under another name!!

Blessed be.

Return to “Tarot Discussion And Ideas”