Sleeping with Your Cards

A forum for development and investigation of ideas. Not for short questions...then Use Tarot Forum.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

Emberlyn

Sleeping with Your Cards

Post by Emberlyn » Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:34 pm

I have read that it is recommended to sleep with your new cards under your pillow for a few nights. I did that for the first time last night and my dreams weren't any different and I don't feel any closer to my cards. Have I not done it enough? Am I missing the point?

Spiritwhisperer

Post by Spiritwhisperer » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:53 pm

Play with your cards daily, handle every one of them, and speak to them and thank them for their messages.
Thats what I do to infuse my energies into the cards.

If you still can not connect with your deck, it may be time to look for a new set, look around and find the ones that you connect with before buying :)
good luck

Blessings
"We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience."

"be the change you wish to see in the world" Ghandi

Rohiniranjan

Re: Sleeping with Your Cards

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:10 pm

Emberlyn wrote:I have read that it is recommended to sleep with your new cards under your pillow for a few nights. I did that for the first time last night and my dreams weren't any different and I don't feel any closer to my cards. Have I not done it enough? Am I missing the point?

As a general advice for those entering divinatory-occult realms, sometimes the biggest resistance is the divinator's curiosity! With practice and growing experience one masters that 'null' state where the desire to make something happen and the anticipation that some information is coming in (from ALL THERE IS!) balance each other out and the slate of mind becomes clear enough to receive and read the handwriting on the wall (of mind!)

It is a fine balance but is exactly the state of inner openess required to hear the sound of silence!

Love and Light!

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

George

Post by George » Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:39 pm

Emberlyn wrote:I have read that it is recommended to sleep with your new cards under your pillow for a few nights. I did that for the first time last night and my dreams weren't any different and I don't feel any closer to my cards. Have I not done it enough? Am I missing the point?
i don't buy that you have to sleep with your deck... although i am not against the ideal, if it works for you do it!  i never slept with my deck but i agree play with them and use them daily to make a connection. (i think i might have slept with them on the bed or next to my bed... but can't remember for sure(
i find my connecting with the images in the deck (RW) and those images i connect with and they speak to me.  They put thoughts and images in my head and i think that is the key to reading the Tarot.
 btw, which deck are you using?
:smt006
Common sense dictates there is no such thing as common sense.

stephybabes92

Post by stephybabes92 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:02 pm

George she uses the dark fairytales deck, one that she picked out herself that she really likes so the initial draw was there...

Time and physical hand contact is what you need you'll get there xx
x x x x x x x x Stephanie x x x x x x x x
             Live a life of love
                  Jesus is Lord! †

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:16 am

George wrote:
i don't buy that you have to sleep with your deck... although i am not against the ideal, if it works for you do it!  i never slept with my deck but i agree play with them and use them daily to make a connection. (i think i might have slept with them on the bed or next to my bed... but can't remember for sure(
i find my connecting with the images in the deck (RW) and those images i connect with and they speak to me.  They put thoughts and images in my head and i think that is the key to reading the Tarot.
 btw, which deck are you using?
:smt006
Dear George,

You have captured the ESSENCE of this thing called, "Divination!"

It starts with the first FOUR letters that give wrong impressions to many and they fight and brawl, etc, but the remaining 6 letters are what hold the key!

That tail-piece, the 6 lettered ending is about solidarity! In a spiritual sense!

Some get it, at the get go, others eventually when their roaming and floundering stops!

DIVI-NATION! What a wonderful GIFT from MA!

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:53 am

I think you should do what feels right for you.
All this sleeping with your cards, taking a shower with your cards (kidding), all this bumbo jumbo, lighting a candle, meditating.... It is completely and totally up to you and your own intuition and your own sense of connection with the cards.

Don't go by ........ they say that..or this....

Do what you feel.

Payewacker

Post by Payewacker » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:19 pm

Hi'
I have been scoffed at. to be sleeping over readings. At times, I also put my cards under my pillow and "sleep" on them.

The term "divination" must be examined clearly! It is not a double word, but a single expression of "being the divine" or determining the future, or deciding the present!

If you want, "Divi----nation",,,,, then, GOD WITH US, and US WITH GOD?

Perhaps the plural for divi is diva???? MMMMMMM, ask no questions? Check some pride events and you will see very great divas!

Divination is practically, telling "what to do" perhaps we can say predicting or "framing" the future.

A psychiatrist does exactly the same, but get a handsome fee?

Blessed be.

Return to “Tarot Discussion And Ideas”