Little reader

A forum for development and investigation of ideas. Not for short questions...then Use Tarot Forum.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

jamie.123

Little reader

Post by jamie.123 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:26 pm

HI all,
its been just 3/4 days since i started learning tarot.As it is correctly mentioned in the previous posts that everyone can learn how to interpret the cards but only some are good at it.

QUERY 1:My question is how should i become good at it?how would i know whether i am gifted or not?

It is suprising for me also that i could easily grasp all the 78 card meanings in just 2 days..without any difficulty.Apart from that i have always had interest in occult i just somehow like reading and knowing about it.

I just sit and focus onthe question asked and start with the reading.i donot peform any pre-tarot ritual.Also i jst want the room to be quiet for focussing,the place doesnot matter to me.I am storing my cards in a pink colored raw-silk cloth.IS ALL THIS SUFFICIENT?AM I REQUIRE TO DO ANYTHING MORE?

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:47 pm

QUERY 1:My question is how should i become good at it?how would i know whether i am gifted or not?
Give readings to friends and family and see how they respond to the reading. Dont give up, practice, practice..... and ask for feedback.
I just sit and focus onthe question asked and start with the reading.i donot peform any pre-tarot ritual.Also i jst want the room to be quiet for focussing,the place doesnot matter to me.I am storing my cards in a pink colored raw-silk cloth.IS ALL THIS SUFFICIENT?AM I REQUIRE TO DO ANYTHING MORE?
We all perform differently whilst giving a reading. I too like some quiet, but I have given readings in crowded and noisy places too.
I don't follow any rituals or any meditative state or the likes... I have my cards in their original box yet.... all secured with cello tape (Scotch tape) for protection  and in a velvet pouch. The fact that it is velvet has nothing to do with any ritual; I just found that to be the right size in the  Dollar shop when I was in Canada.

You dont need to do anything more. Whatever feels right for you, do it. Dont follow any rituals or mumbo jumbo if it does not resonate with you.

Happy to hear about your experiences.

jamie.123

Post by jamie.123 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:47 am

Thank you so much for the reply.It feels so good that i dont have to perform any mumbo-jumbo to perform a closely accurate tarot reading :).

YESSSS I WILL DEFINATELY PRACTICE ALOT to get perfect!

thank you so much for your reply
it was undoubtedly very helpfull.

regards.

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:02 am

You are most welcome.
If you have any other questions, please free to ask :)

Return to “Tarot Discussion And Ideas”