Saving Money.

Discuss ways to make and save money keeping the stars in your favor on this forum.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

midnightstarr

Saving Money.

Post by midnightstarr » Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:30 pm

Hello All,

This is the area in my life that I need most help in. I am one of those emotional shoppers that does it because I am either bored or lonely.

Now money is the biggest problem because now I am back at school and I have run out of options when it comes to getting Student Loans (I'm one of those career students that cannot stop from going to school. Even though I did work for 10 years straight in many different jobs).

I should also mention here that I just found out that I have a Learning Disability, so that also might have something to do with me spending. Of course, I did try to budget, but I don't ever keep up with that. I mean where do I put the $2 bottle of pop that I spend almost every day?

I have just completed my first year of Broadcasting and going into my second year. But I have also registered for a course that is required in the Spring Semester. That course costs $600 and the deadline to pay for it is April 25th. I know that during exam time I have to find a job, but I hate job interviews because I don't like being rejected like I was in the past. I also think that my Learning Disability effects communication more than how I write.

So I don't know what to do other than the slow process of redoing my resume (The format always changes every 2 or so years) and going to job interviews. Maybe I need an effective communication spell or something like that.

blackspring

Post by blackspring » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:32 pm

Hello midnightstarr,

I too have been an emotional shopper, and it is something that caused me lots of stress and anxiety - particularly when I was a student.

I think that redoing your resume and starting job interviews is a step in the right direction. Not the most enjoyable step for you, but an important one. Sometimes when I was working, it was easier to stop myself from making impulsive purchases because I would think of the cost not in terms of the amount of money, but the amount of TIME it would take me to earn that money. So if I was making $10 an hour and I was thinking about buying a $200 coat, that coat would actually cost me 20 hours of working time. Put in that perspective, it became difficult to justify such a purchase....I also think that the process of updating your resume is a good way for you to evaluate where you have been and what you have already accomplished. It also better prepares you for the interview process, since you have been working so closely with the details of your resume and should be able to present yourself well during your interviews.

One thing that I did to raise some quick cash when I was in a bind was to sell some of my things. If you truly buy things when you are bored and lonely, then there might be lots of things hanging around your space that you are not 100% satisfied with, and may even cause you some feelings of guilt since you knew you couldn't truly afford them when you bought them (at least, that's how it often was with me). Get rid of that bad energy. Return whatever purchases you can back to the stores they came from. Whatever you can't return, put up on craigslist or ebay (try craigslist first, because the listings are free), or take the items to a consignment store. It might be difficult at first to detach yourself from some of these possessions, but the space you free up will be mental as well as physical, and you'll make some of your money back. I once made close to $800 selling clothes on ebay. The key to success is taking good photos and writing an honest, engaging description including important information like measurements (bust, waist, hips, inseam, etc.) if you are selling clothing.

Good luck - dealing with finances is not always easy, but your money problems won't last forever, as long as you actively work to change your habits :)

8harshal8

having little money and compulsive shopper doesnt help...

Post by 8harshal8 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:53 am

having little money and compulsive shopper doesnt help...you need help ..you should talk to your mom, dad or some one elder to you...

Vivek Trivedi

Post by Vivek Trivedi » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:41 am

As money is a important factor for our life to survive,its required to save money for our future,that we can use it when emergency comes around.our life,luxury,health,medicine,education,residence all depend on one thing which is money.so savings is most important and everybody should do it according to them.

Vivek Trivedi

Post by Vivek Trivedi » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:52 am

Vivek Trivedi wrote:As money is an important factor for our life to survive,its required to save money for our future,that we can use it when emergency comes around.our life,luxury,health,medicine,education,residence all depend on one thing which is money.so savings is most important and everybody should do it according to them.

Vivek Trivedi

Post by Vivek Trivedi » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:53 am

As money is an important factor for our life to survive,its required to save money for our future,that we can use it when emergency comes around.our life,luxury,health,medicine,education,residence all depend on one thing which is money.so savings is most important and everybody should do it according to them.

symulhaque

Saving Money

Post by symulhaque » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:59 pm

When you are going through a financial crisis or not, saving money and using it carefully is a very important thing to do.

DianeL

Post by DianeL » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:20 pm

Saving money is really a great help for today's situation. It is good to know that some people are still there to help people in a tough situation. This is why installment payday are so great. You can get cash in just a couple of hours without any sort of credit check. On top of that, eliminating payday cash advances would mean lots of people would end up with no way to get help once in a while.

Return to “Mystic Money Matters”