can we grow aloe vera at home?

Learn more about gardening and get tips on making your garden perfect. Know which plants to grow and flowers to sow based on your zodiac signs.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

misty sur

can we grow aloe vera at home?

Post by misty sur » Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:37 am

hi, i want to know if aloe vera can be grown at home. if yes, then what is the best weather or time of the year to plant it? what are the best fertizilers we can use? and if not, then why?
Have fun, have faith in yourself and always have the best food!

prasanna

Post by prasanna » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:19 pm

My reply would be yeah, go ahead. It has best medicinal values and also recommended by more people for different types of needs. In Ayurveda, the importance of Aloe Vera is more importance.

It is good to hang Aloe Vera in balcony area.

Very good and natural beauty care.

Good food for healthy hair.

Useful in healing most skin diseases.

But just Google and read more about its benefits and uses, you will find it interesting .

Read my post on Aloe Vera in health and beauty forum please.
prasanna

LEAD, KINDLY LIGHT. LOVE IS GOD, LOVE IS OCEAN, " Love Is Eternal. " LIVE TO LOVE TO LIVE.

prasanna

Post by prasanna » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:30 pm

prasanna

LEAD, KINDLY LIGHT. LOVE IS GOD, LOVE IS OCEAN, " Love Is Eternal. " LIVE TO LOVE TO LIVE.

Prof. Akers

Post by Prof. Akers » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:39 pm

I grow mine in a plant pot in the kitchen - were I can get it quickly when I burn myself
Some days you are the cart and other days the horse; either way you still get shafted.

"I thought you'd be bigger," (read it how you will).

lilmogirl

How to grow Aloe

Post by lilmogirl » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:06 pm

My grand mother had an aloe plant in her front yard. It loved the sandy soil it was rooted in. It's leaves were huge, almost 3 inches wide at the base of the leaf. I remember when I would get a sun burn grandma would get a leaf from the plant, cut it open and rub the succulent insides all over me. She used it for every thing that had to do with the skin and sometimes she would scrape out the pulp and eat it too.

Anyway, I found this information at the following website. I hope it will be of use:  ALOE : caring for the plant, etc.
Love and Peace and Blessings,

Lilmogirl

mathu

Post by mathu » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:57 am

hope it'll be of gr8 use

Celtic Night Star

My aloe plant froze

Post by Celtic Night Star » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:55 am

I cut it back to the roots and I water it once in a while but I have no clue what to use to help it grow but I am looking online for the info. I'm babbling how boring for you. :smt015 lol
Goddess Blessings

Vivek Trivedi

Post by Vivek Trivedi » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:59 am

es, and many people do. In many European countries it is common for some to have an Aloe Vera pot plant. The leaves can then be broken off and the gel squeezed out to treat cuts, burns and grazes.

In the Americas, Africa and Australia the climate is much better for growing Aloe Vera outside. Note the gel in these plants is at its best when the plant reaches maturity (after 5 years).

Oasisrael

Aloe Vera in home

Post by Oasisrael » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:56 pm

yes you can is very easy but is good to know that the plant is  ok after 7 years old

Evard

Post by Evard » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:18 pm

Hello . Aloe . . and I didn't read this .,. tho trying to reply to Israel . . :-D :-D

You put it in a sand pot without loam . . then make a deal on fruiting the aloe .

Misting makes it wet .and problem with old aloe is sprouts . It's a cactunea . . .

so it doesn't seed ., it sprouts as en old plant . Make it dry and it will be happy.

Add love and sand in good blessed soil and it will make gel . You tear a small .,
not wither in the end with fern lif.e so you may make a deal on .,. growing the#
regenerated aloe stem known as the un fern.a frond . . . and don't let it be then
unhappy [.blog] so it may be happy and tended to so you may learn about then
tending plants with talent . Thanks . Enjoy the system of thought as Aloe Vera .,
is a healing aloe gel plant though care for it and not bother it . . when you regen    e rate :) . The frondels of healing .

raju121

Post by raju121 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:19 pm

yes, you can cultivate aloe vera at home..

raju121

aloe vera

Post by raju121 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:42 pm

you buy aloe vera from a nursery. then bring it home. Keep it in a shadowed place. Do not use much water in the tub. It likes dry type of soil.

srivijai

Post by srivijai » Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:11 am

It can be grown at home garden It will maintain the sugar level in blood  Used for all skin defects, removes wrinkles, storage life can be increased for fruits like grapes
Astrology is a miracle Try to find out the destination Let us all make use of it and get benefited

symulhaque

Post by symulhaque » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:24 pm

If you want to grow plant at home, then make sure that it gets sufficient bright light. You can keep it near west-facing window and if the pot is placed on a windowsill, then try to avoid direct sunlight. During winters, keep the plant indoors and ensure that it gets enough bright light.

Kandace

Re: can we grow aloe vera at home?

Post by Kandace » Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:53 am

Can anyone help me regarding caging around my garden? I see my trees and plants every morning get damaged. I feel that there is some animal who keeps ambushing around. Can Orlando Locksmith Services help me in this regard or any other locksmith services?

Return to “Mystic Gardening”