The Last Airbender

Have you recently enjoyed a movie with a mystical, paranormal, psychic or spiritual theme? Please tell us about it here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

ConfusedMind

The Last Airbender

Post by ConfusedMind » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:19 am

have you seen 'The Last Airbender'? it is a wonderful movie. it explores the concept of Avatara and the four elements - air, earth, fire and water. worth watching.
I'm weird

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:14 am

yep...loved the whole series......never to old, to not to feel young in mind :) (It is the "original cartoon series" I am talking about though)

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:54 am

Rhutobello wrote:yep...loved the whole series......never to old, to not to feel young in mind :) (It is the "original cartoon series" I am talking about though)
and you might find it here :)

http://www.digavatar.com/avatar-tv-chap ... eberg.html

ConfusedMind

Post by ConfusedMind » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:01 am

oh, thank you grandpa. i had no idea about the cartoon series. I'll check it out, of course.
I was talking about the movie directed by M. Night Shyamalan, starring Noah Ringer, Dev Patel and Nicola Peltz. it released this year. may be in july.
I'm weird

prg5001

Post by prg5001 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:46 am

such a great movie. shame it wasn't critically acclaimed, probably due to a bit wooden acting, so i think they are finding it hard to get funding for the sequels. if i had a few spare million i'd fund it.

cheers,

paul

peredhil31

Post by peredhil31 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:12 pm

I haven't seen the movie, but the cartoon series was very well done.  I particularly appreciated that the originators researched different martial disciplines so that each element was correctly translated through the moves of its corresponding art - for example, Water bending is Tai Chi.

The sequel, "the Legend of Korra" is currently showing on Nickelodeon and has all the mythology of the first series, but has fresh concepts and new characters that make it worth watching all on its own.

Plus, I want a Polar bear-dog.  :)

George

Post by George » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:50 pm

peredhil31 wrote:I haven't seen the movie, but the cartoon series was very well done.  I particularly appreciated that the originators researched different martial disciplines so that each element was correctly translated through the moves of its corresponding art - for example, Water bending is Tai Chi.

The sequel, "the Legend of Korra" is currently showing on Nickelodeon and has all the mythology of the first series, but has fresh concepts and new characters that make it worth watching all on its own.

Plus, I want a Polar bear-dog.  :)
i saw the movie first (love m knight) and liked it alot.  i could never understand all the negative reviews from fans of the show until i watch the complete series on dvd... fantastic series btw!  been watching the legend of korra and not liking the characters so far... and year polar bear dog is kewl!  i haven't given up yet but i am hoping i can get into it more as i watch it!  :smt020
Common sense dictates there is no such thing as common sense.

Cyrenius

Post by Cyrenius » Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:01 pm

I didn't saw the series but I love the movie. I hope that they will do the sequel

Kiki04

Yes, Avatar rocks! :)

Post by Kiki04 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:02 pm

ConfusedMind wrote:oh, thank you grandpa. i had no idea about the cartoon series. I'll check it out, of course.
I was talking about the movie directed by M. Night Shyamalan, starring Noah Ringer, Dev Patel and Nicola Peltz. it released this year. may be in july.
Ohh the cartoon series is awesome! I still need to watch the movie. :)
"All you need is love." The Beatles :)
<3

symulhaque

Post by symulhaque » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:35 am

I have watched . The kid was awesome. perfect role..

revangabriel

Post by revangabriel » Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:38 am

The Last Airbender is one of the worst movies I've ever seen.

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:15 pm

revangabriel wrote:The Last Airbender is one of the worst movies I've ever seen.
The film critics voted it the worst movie of 2010, but I quite liked it, and I now have it in my personal collection.

I think that we should ignore what the critics tell us, and watch the movie in full then make up our own minds about what we like or do not like.

It is a good thing that we do not always like the same things (whether it is a movie, book, food, place to visit, type of car, etc), as if we did the world would be a terribly boring place, and we would never get the opportunity to try something new for a change.

One of the advantages of liking a movie that the critics did not is that because so many people listen to what the critics say instead of forming their own opinions, when the DVD is released it can often be bought for a bargain basement price.

EoT &nbsp;:)

cinemavf0

Post by cinemavf0 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:35 am

such a great movie. shame it wasn't critically acclaimed, probably due to a bit wooden acting, so i think they are finding it hard to get funding for the sequels.

[external links not allowed]

Return to “Let's Go To The Movies”