Have you seen 'Sin City'?

Have you recently enjoyed a movie with a mystical, paranormal, psychic or spiritual theme? Please tell us about it here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

misty sur

Have you seen 'Sin City'?

Post by misty sur » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:26 am

i've watched Sin City recently with my husband. he is an avid reader of graphic novels. i never used to enjoy movies based on comics or graphic novels. but after watching Sin City, my opnion has completely changed. i've simply loved the movie. it's so stylish, the characters are so powerful and charming, the entire setting is so captivating and yet the movie never deviates from the main story. it keeps you glued to itself. well, my rating for Sin City is 10/10. how about you guys? have you seen Sin City? what are your opinions? how will you rate the movie? and what are the other graphic novel movies do you like? share your thoughts with me.
Have fun, have faith in yourself and always have the best food!

George

Re: Have you seen 'Sin City'?

Post by George » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:46 pm

misty sur wrote:i've watched Sin City recently with my husband. he is an avid reader of graphic novels. i never used to enjoy movies based on comics or graphic novels. but after watching Sin City, my opnion has completely changed. i've simply loved the movie. it's so stylish, the characters are so powerful and charming, the entire setting is so captivating and yet the movie never deviates from the main story. it keeps you glued to itself. well, my rating for Sin City is 10/10. how about you guys? have you seen Sin City? what are your opinions? how will you rate the movie? and what are the other graphic novel movies do you like? share your thoughts with me.
yes, I loved Sin City! i would rate it 10 easily! i have not read the graphic novel though.  

other movies from graphic novels are The Crow and Watchmen. i've read the Crow but not Watchmen.  very good movies both of them!
Common sense dictates there is no such thing as common sense.

misty sur

Post by misty sur » Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:44 am

Oh you should read Watchmen. i finished it last week. it's awesome. ultimate super hero story.

christinawhite099

Post by christinawhite099 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:33 am

spam

Vivek Trivedi

Post by Vivek Trivedi » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:40 am

A film that explores the dark and miserable town, Basin City, and tells the story of three different people, all caught up in violent corruption.

peredhil31

Post by peredhil31 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:01 pm

I greatly enjoyed Sin City.  The cinematography was well done, and the acting executed with precision by a skilled cast.  And as expected with Frank Miller, there were many whores.  (*winces painfully in memory*)  Don't read his Batman.  Just... don't.

The interwoven braid of the three stories against the same platform, with the characters of each appearing through-out was nicely done.   Reminds me of the same "shared universe writing" of Weber's Harrington universe, or Martin's Wild Cards.

"Is that all you got?"

Cyrenius

Post by Cyrenius » Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:05 pm

Didn't like it at all. It's dark, ugly, filthy. I didn't walked away with anything good after watching it.

symulhaque

Post by symulhaque » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:21 pm

I havent watch the film yet, but after reading the comments I am keeping it to my movie list.

Return to “Let's Go To The Movies”