whut if

Meet people born under Sagittarius here

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

giggledoll00

whut if

Post by giggledoll00 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:59 pm

now i'm november 24th, and i am a sag in many ways but i've been told i'm on the end of the cusp of scorpio and i do show alot of scorpio traits, so whut is the cusp exactally?
behold the power of three

Rurk61

Cusp

Post by Rurk61 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:12 am

Hi-

I don't agree with a cusp that large, although some astrologers might think it is ok. Your Sun is well within the safety zone of Sagittarius. Not knowing your accurate birth chart (based on time), I can't tell you if you have a Scorpio rising sign, but that would undoubtedly give you strong Scorpio characteristics, coupled with the planets Venus and Pluto which are certainly in Scorpio. At least V and P are causing an added Scorpionic influence on whatever house they inhabit in your chart. Again to find out for you need an accurate birth chart. Hope this helps answer your question.

astrologer50

Re: whut if

Post by astrologer50 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:22 am

giggledoll00 wrote:now i'm november 24th, and i am a sag in many ways but i've been told i'm on the end of the cusp of scorpio and i do show alot of scorpio traits, so whut is the cusp exactally?
Rurk61 is correct here. There is no such thing as cusps per se. The problem being most people don't know what time they are born, which is crucial in astrology. The sun changes signs at a specific given time and date which can change slightly every year.

You need to understand there is far far more to astrology than just ‘sun signs’ firstly there are 10planets in the sky and 12houses and any one of these 10planets can be in any one of these 12 houses – so there’s 144 possible combinations there –

What is vitally important is your ‘time of birth’ and nearest town and then go to free website like astro.com to calculate your natal chart, you may have to reduce the image in Extended chart selection to 63% save to your hard drive, then upload here.

Basic astrology
Now basically your sun sign is your 'core beliefs, values, ego' and Asc is your physical body, mode of expression and mask and persona that we all wear and hide behind, but definitely not what's going on underneath. What's going on underneath is your Sun sign. Moon sign, house placements and aspects describe your emotional and intuitive responses, also describes your view of your mother, as saturn describes your father by sign and house position.

So, think of a glass milk bottle the bottle is your Asc and your sun the milk, but the milk still has to 'come out' through the glass neck of the milk bottle....

Now aspects within a natal chart represent 'facets' of our personality, because we are all multifaceted beings. What these do is 'break down and compartmentalise' these facets into smaller bite size chunks. This does take quite a lot of self analysis and objectivity to 'see yourself' and why you do certain things and behave in certain ways. Actually it can be quite good therapy...

Remember back to your school days an opposition is 180', square 90', trine 120', and sextile 60' Now challenged aspects are conj (depending on the planets, cos some like each other and some really don't) squares and oppositions. Easy aspects are conj (if the planets get along) eg: Jupiter conj Moon, sextile and trine. Quincunx is inbetween (depending on the planets) causes health strains and unresolved or hard to balance planets/energies.

Return to “Sagittarius - November 21 - December 20”