Capricorn colleague

Meet people born under Capricorn here

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

FairyQueen

Capricorn colleague

Post by FairyQueen » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:19 am

:smt005

i have a Capricorn colleague who reacts over sentimentally and reaches the height of childishness and melodrama. His fluctuating mood and melodramatic approach to life is difficult to deal with.

Can you give some suggestions regarding  this. :smt017

otato

Post by otato » Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:15 am

It's probably good to keep in mind that Capricorns are usually very emotional and intellectual and internalized. We have great difficulty expressing ourselves exactly because we're not always sure how we feel. Little things set us off, for sure, but there's usually a grand scheme of whys the Capricorn can easily list off if asked (or not asked). Yeah we have what some would call a bleak outlook on life, some more than others, I call it being realistic =) But at times I'm sure it borders the melancholy or melodramatic. Capricorns tend to pent up whatever they can't express (which is most things) - but if you're really concerned about how he's acting, give constructive criticism about his work attitude (be very gentle, show the bright side, be willing to listen, include compliments, don't just criticize -- basically be a good coworker to him when you bring it to his attention) and that should be enough. Just make sure you leave it on a good note.

I mean in short, basically just try to see where his angst is coming from and if you can be a good coworker and just shed a little light on it for him. Might not be permanent - but at least you'll have some insight as to why he acts how he does - and he'll know you made the attempt to reach out.

Best of luck

ConfusedMind

Post by ConfusedMind » Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:02 am

i also have a capricorn colleague. he is exactly the ways you have mentioned.  

i have two solutions. you may like and can apply both or none.

the first option is to ignore and avoid. but you cannot do it all the time at workplace. so, tolerate and pretend to pay attention, so far as you need to do.
I'm weird

FairyQueen

Re: Thanking note....sorry for the delay

Post by FairyQueen » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:12 am

Thanx for the suggestions. I hope they will work.

ConfusedMind

Post by ConfusedMind » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:40 pm

this will also work for your scorpio colleague who acts sucpicously.
I'm weird

FairyQueen

Post by FairyQueen » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:00 am

No need to apply it with the scorpion colleague. we are set in peace and he turned more of a friend than colleague now. I case of Capricorn things are different no matter how shallow he is it seems he has some high school innocence left in him.

ConfusedMind

Post by ConfusedMind » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:21 pm

hmm, why don't you send your capri colleague to a college? oh. one sec. what did you say? a Capri and innocence? give it a second thought dear. don't know about your colleague. ironically i have seen a number of capris. i have been pretty close to some of them. i really know how they are. of course, sun signs do not speak all. but there is something common with all of them. i cannot agree with you, innocence never goes with the capris.
I'm weird

Return to “Capricorn - December 21 - January 19”