Please help me with my Four Pillars

Know your Sign according to your year of birth and discuss Chinese Astrology here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

creekutsu

Please help me with my Four Pillars

Post by creekutsu » Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:33 pm

Please help me with my Four Pillars, I was born on February 2nd, 1993, on 16:27 PM, Standard Local Time. There was no Daylight Savings Time, that's Standard Local Time.

My Four Pillars are:

Yang Water  Yang Wood  Yang Wood  Yin Water
Yang Metal   Yang Wood  Yang Wood  Yin Metal

Thanks in advance. Slong.

creekutsu

Post by creekutsu » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:11 am

Oh yeah just a clarifictation, the above pillars are caculated according to the Lunar Calendar but calculated according to the Xia (the Chinese Agricultural calendar known by most people as the Solar Calendar) we get:

Yang Water  Yang Wood  Yin Water  Yang Water
Yang Metal   Yang Wood  Yin Earth   Yang Metal

Thanks in advance.

astroace

Post by astroace » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:58 pm

Hi Creekutsu,

Those people born near the borderline date need to be more careful in plotting their Bazi chart. There is a tendency to make mistakes especially the year or month pillars. Some software will generate this mistake as the programmers may not be well versed with Bazi when inputing the database.

The other mistake is the hour pillar when the time is between 11:00pm to 12:59am. Those born between 11:00pm to 11:59pm should use the Late Rat hour and 12:00am to 12:59am to use the Early Rat hour.

Your 2nd post is correct. Looking at your Pillars, you are a Yang Wood person born in the season of late Winter which will make you weak due to the excess of water in your charts. You need fire to warm up the environment. Therefore Output star both direct & indirect will be favorable to you.

Best regards to you,
astroace

parrles10

4 Pillars

Post by parrles10 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:42 am

I think those hours are actually very off for North America.  I can feel the shift in the days between 2100 and 2300, which begins the hour of the tiger, pushing the real hours ahead by a couple of signs.  16:27 has you at the hour of the monkey, right?  The real hour of the monkey, at least where I am in Central Time North America, actually might occur between around 10:00 AM and Noon.  Your real true hour is probably not a water monkey, but a wood dog or wood pig.  (I was born on April 10, 1986 at 6:09 PM, and I think my hour is actually pig, even though that is pushing it kind of late.  It was even like a couple of weeks before the clocks were reset an hour, pushing it even closer to 7:09.. making my hour the rat.  Between 4:00 and 6:00 PM I am telling you I think is the pig.  I think I am a pig hour because I think i agree with the time between midnight and 2:00 AM, which is perhaps the rabbit, since it feels calm and gentle then).

astroace

Four Pillars

Post by astroace » Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:15 am

Hi Parrles 10,

Bazi originated from China to be used to analyze the characteristics of time dimension. Different years, months, days and hours produce different effects. The whole cycle is in the multiple of 60. The analysis was done based on the local time and condition.

Bazi is the study of our destiny. Our date of birth and time is recorded the moment we are born based on the local time which is beyond our control. We should use this data to plot the charts, not necessarily to convert to China or to any other time zone.

The three most important pillars in Bazi are the Year, Month & Day pillars whereas the Hour Pillars even though important will not really change your element strength. For a good and accurate reading you need all the four pillars  When you want to analyze the House of Life Pillar (Ming Gong), you need to cross reference the Hour Pillar.

My advice is go straight for the date of birth and time from the original birth certificate to analyze the Bazi.

Hope this info may be helpful to you.

Thank you for your time,
With best regards,
astroace

yoyocue

Post by yoyocue » Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:55 pm

Hi creekutsu,

Are you male or female? In Chinese astrology, it is important to know your gender before telling you.

creekutsu

Post by creekutsu » Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:52 pm

I'm a male. Lol.

yoyocue

Post by yoyocue » Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:07 pm

Hi creekutsu,

Your Four Pillars in order is

Yang Water  Yin Water  Yang Wood  Yang Water
Yang Metal   Yin Earth  Yang Wood  Yang Metal

astroace

Bazi Analysis

Post by astroace » Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:07 pm

Hi YoYocue,

I'm sorry to say that your latest post dated 04/11/08

Hr Pillar        Day Pillar    Month Pillar    Year Pillar
Yang Water   Yin Water    Yang Wood    Yang Water
Yang Metal    Yin Earth     Yang Wood    Yang Metal  
Monkey         Ox              Tiger             Monkey     is incorrect.

The actual pillar should be

Hr Pillar        Day Pillar     Month Pillar    Year Pillar
Yang Water   Yang Wood   Yin Water      Yang Water
Yang Metal    Yang Wood   Yin Earth       Yang Metal.
Monkey         Tiger            Ox                Monkey

You made a mistake in the Month and Day Pillar.

Creekutsu's birthday is 02/02/1993 at 04:27pm. As Bazi is based on HSIA Calendar, 02 February is the second last day of the Monkey Year 1992 and the Month is the second last day of the Ox Month. I'm not sure how you derive the Day Pillar to be Yin Water / Yin Earth (Ox) which is 01/02/1993. It should be Yang Wood / Yang Wood (Tiger) becos the time of birth is in the late afternoon (Monkey). You got the hour pillar right.

As I've said earlier that we should be very careful when a person is born near the border line, meaning those born around 4th February, we should be careful with the Year Pillar.
Those born around these dates: 04-Feb, 06-Mar, 05-Apr, 06-May, 06-Jun, 07-Jul, 08-Aug, 08-Sept, 08-Oct, 07-Nov, 07-Dec, 06-Jan,
should be careful with the Month Pillar
And those born before 12.00 midnight should use the Late Rat Hour with the current day Day Pillar and those born after midnight to use the Early Rat Hour with the following day Day Pillar.

These mistakes can happen to everyone including myself. We need to cross reference check carefully so as to be as accurate as possible. We are always learning and we improve by our mistakes.

Cheers and do take care,

With best regards to you and everyone reading this post
astroace

yoyocue

Post by yoyocue » Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:17 pm

Hi astroace,

I think you may misunderstand my post. The order I said on my post is Year Pillar, Month Pillar, Day Pillar, Hour Pillar. ^_^

astroace

Bazi Analysis

Post by astroace » Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:22 pm

Hi YoYocue,

The proper way to erect the Bazi Pillars is Hour, Day, Month and Year Pillar. (Left to Right). You will only confuse yourself if you do the other way. The reason is there are two other pillars which are used for critical condition analysis. They are the House of Life Pillar and the House of Conception Pillar.

The House of Life Pillar is located next to the Year Pillar and the House of Conception Pillar next to the Hour Pillar. For normal conditions we use the 4 Pillars and the 10 Year Luck Cycle Pillar will be next to the Year Pillar on the right, followed by the Current Year Pillar and the Current Year Month Pillar. You then analyze by cross referencing the datas like Heaven Stem / Earthly Branches element combination and clashes, positions of symbolic stars, Fan Yin / Fu Yin, etc.

The Person who created the Bazi has his reason to place the Pillars in this order. All of us learning this Art are taught in this manner.

Thank you for your understanding,
astroace

parrles10

Post by parrles10 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:07 am

I don't really mean to defuse what you guys are talking about, but I think those 4 pillars calculator you find online do not adjust according to the actual dates of the moons. The signs and elements are accurate according to the orders, but not the actual moon times. You'll need to check different sources to get those straight.  The days are OK, I mean as long as you know what time of the day the change occurs for wherever you are. 2/2/93 is in the year of the rooster. Rooster/tiger/tiger is accurate.  The year of the rooster in 1993 began with the new moon on January 22nd. The next moon was February 21st, and the Chinese New Year never begins after February 20th if I have this fact straight.  Maybe somebody can correct me on this, but I don't think the exact dates are set in stone for the months and years of the Chinese Zodiac.
Oh, one more thing.. I think the months and years begin like 2 or 3 days before the stated universal times of the moons, well that's just what I can feel.

astroace

Bazi Analysis

Post by astroace » Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:33 pm

Hi Parrles10,

Please refer to my earlier post dated 20th and 21st Nov 2008 in this thread.
Any which way you put it ( Day = Rooster / Month = Tiger / Year = Tiger ) or ( Day = Tiger / Month = Tiger / Year = Roster ) is still not correct. As I mentioned earlier you should always erect the Bazi Charts as Hour / Day / Month / Year Pillar in the Left to Right Sequence.

Lets assume you followed the correct sequence. The right most pillar being the year pillar. You have the Tiger or the Rooster there. 1998 is Tiger year which is totally out and 1993 is Rooster year which is quite close. Remember Bazi uses the HSIA Calendar and not the Lunar Calendar. 4th February is the start of the new HSIA calendar which is also the beginning of Spring. As the Birthday is 02/02/1993, 2nd February is the very end of the previous year which is still the Monkey year.

2nd February is also the end of the Earth Month of the Winter Season. Always remember that the begining of Spring starts with Feb = Tiger (+Wood), Mar = Rabbit (-Wood), Apr = Dragon (+Earth), May = Snake (-Fire), Jun = Horse (+Fire), Jul = Sheep (-Earth), Aug = Monkey (+Metal), Sep = Rooster (-Metal), Oct = Dog (+Earth), Nov = Pig (-Water), Dec = Rat (+Water), Jan = Ox (-Earth). So the month is Ox.

If you base on the Rooster Day, that person becomes a Yin Earth person born on 28/01/1993. The other Rooster Day falls on 09/02/1993 which will make that person a Yin Metal person. If you base on the Tiger Day which is correct, that person becomes a Yang Wood person.

You can see that just because of the wrong calculations, you will not be able to determine the person's Self Element and with this the Season of Birth support will not be accurate. You will not be able to determine his or her strength and also the favorable or unfavorable elements. Without this info, you cannot solve his problem.

If time permit, I do like to further our discussions so that all of us will have a clearer understanding about the basics of Feng Shui and Bazi.

Thank you for your time,
astroace

parrles10

Post by parrles10 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:26 pm

Do you mean this person is not actually a rooster? You must mean that yes, a rooster, but this is just a concept I don't really understand? OK, I guess so.

Return to “Chinese Zodiac”