RE: question about the chinese zodiac chart listed..

Know your Sign according to your year of birth and discuss Chinese Astrology here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

middi1

RE: question about the chinese zodiac chart listed..

Post by middi1 » Wed May 02, 2007 7:04 pm

Hi, I noticed that the zodiac chart had some interesting listings.

I've read many of these, in book form, online perusal, and from my Chinese friends.

There are no "Elementals" involved in the zodiac.

I was born in the year of the "Rat", and I noticed that there ar a couple of different "Rats" with elements.

Just curious as to how this chart was complied, and if it was mixed with somethig els to produce what was listed.

Thanks.

Kamose

Post by Kamose » Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:58 pm

that is a very valid point.
I'd like to know the answer to that also.

npb

Post by npb » Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:13 am

each rat has different elemental sign.
from -wood, +wood till -water and +water, so each elemental sign is making unique individuals

ren88

I think it is the Lunisolar Calendar

Post by ren88 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:04 pm

Lunisolar calendar
The 60-year cycle consists of two separate cycles interacting with each other. The first is the cycle of ten heavenly stems, namely the Five Elements (in order Wood, Fire, Earth, Metal, and Water) in their Yin and Yang forms.
The second is the cycle of the twelve Zodiac animal signs (生肖 shēngxiāo) or Earthly Branches . They are in order as follows: the rat, ox (cow), tiger, rabbit, dragon, snake, horse, sheep (ram or goat), monkey, rooster, dog, and boar (pig).
This combination of 5 elements × 12 animals creates the 60-year cycle, which always starts with Wood Rat and ends with Water Boar. Since the zodiac animal cycle of 12 is divisible by two, every zodiac sign can also only occur in either yin or yang: the dragon is always yang, the snake is always yin, etc. The current cycle began in the year 1984 (as shown in "Table of the sixty year calendar" below).
When trying to calculate the relevant year, an easy rule to follow is that years that end in an even number are yang, those that end with an odd number are yin. The cycle proceeds as follows:
• If the year ends in 0 it is Yang Metal.
• If the year ends in 1 it is Yin Metal.
• If the year ends in 2 it is Yang Water.
• If the year ends in 3 it is Yin Water.
• If the year ends in 4 it is Yang Wood.
• If the year ends in 5 it is Yin Wood.
• If the year ends in 6 it is Yang Fire.
• If the year ends in 7 it is Yin Fire.
• If the year ends in 8 it is Yang Earth.
• If the year ends in 9 it is Yin Earth.
However, since the (traditional) Chinese zodiac follows the (lunisolar) Chinese calendar, the switch over date is the Chinese New Year, not January 1 as in the Gregorian calendar. Therefore, a person who was born in January or early February has the sign of the previous year. For example, if a person was born in January 1970, his or her element would still be Yin Earth, not Yang Metal. Similarly, although 1990 was called the year of the horse, anyone born from January 1 to January 26, 1990 was in fact born in the Year of the Snake (the sign of the previous year), because the 1990 Year of the Horse did not begin until January 27, 1990. For this reason, many online sign calculators (and Chinese restaurant placemats) will give a person the wrong sign if he/she was born in January or early February.
The start of a new Zodiac is also celebrated on Chinese New Year along with many other customs.
Table of the sixty year calendar
Main article: sexagenary cycle
Note: The Chinese symbols in the table for the elements and animal signs are special ones used only in astrology, not the ordinary symbols used in general writing.
      Year                              Associated Heavenly Earthly      Associated
1924 - 2044                              Element        Stem       Branch     Animal
Feb 15 1972 - Feb 02 1973 Yang Water          壬           子          Rat
Feb 03 1973 - Jan 23 1974 Yin Water            癸             丑            Ox
Jan 24 1974 - Feb 10 1975 Yang Wood          甲           寅         Tiger
Feb 11 1975 - Jan 30 1976 Yin Wood            乙             卯           Rabbit
Jan 31 1976 - Feb 17 1977 Yang Fire             丙              辰            Dragon
Feb 18 1977 - Feb 06 1978 Yin Fire              丁                巳      Snake
Feb 07 1978 - Jan 27 1979 Yang Earth            戊             午           Horse
Jan 28 1979 - Feb 15 1980 Yin Earth              己               未     Sheep
Feb 16 1980 - Feb 04 1981 Yang Metal            庚             申            Monkey
Feb 05 1981 - Jan 24 1982 Yin Metal              辛               酉      Rooster
Jan 25 1982 - Feb 12 1983 Yang Water           壬            戌           Dog
Feb 13 1983 - Feb 01 1984 Yin Water             癸              亥             Boar
Sorry, I just list a few example of elements. The Earthly branch is the astrological Chinese word for the Associated Animal Signs.  I can not elaborate much, cause that is as much as I know..............
ren88

KarenChantel

the answers...

Post by KarenChantel » Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:40 am

the each of the animal will not have yin and yang of an element because each animal can only be yin or not yang so they cannot have both yin and yang from the element... any1 wanna know more can go to forum under chinese astrolgy under chinese metaphysics- astrolgy... i also forget the name of topic liao..... just look under chinese astrolgy u will find it wan.

KarenChantel

comment on wat ren88 said...

Post by KarenChantel » Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:48 am

U R 100% CORRECT... R U A MASTER? I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW U MORE...
:smt007 U R CONSIDER AN EXPERT IN IT ... :smt002

Return to “Chinese Zodiac”