Chinese astrology

Know your Sign according to your year of birth and discuss Chinese Astrology here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Beryl Weisman

Chinese astrology

Post by Beryl Weisman » Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:01 am

Did you know that Chinese astrology includes an ascendant animal? This ascendant has a huge impact on our overall astrology. If it is compatible with our main sign, we tend to feel more comfortable, otherwise, we need to learn how to get along with ourselves! If you were born between:
11pm-1am, your ascendant is a RAT,  1am-3am, OX,  3am-5am, TIGER
5am-7am, RABBIT,  7am-9am, DRAGON,  9am-11am, SNAKE,  11am-1pm, HORSE,  1pm-3pm, SHEEP,  3pm-5pm, MONKEY,  5pm-7pm, ROOSTER, 7pm-9pm, DOG,  9pm-11pm, BOAR.

acaveyogi

Re: Chinese astrology

Post by acaveyogi » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:55 pm

Beryl Weisman wrote:Did you know that Chinese astrology includes an ascendant animal? This ascendant has a huge impact on our overall astrology. If it is compatible with our main sign, we tend to feel more comfortable, otherwise, we need to learn how to get along with ourselves! If you were born between:
11pm-1am, your ascendant is a RAT,  1am-3am, OX,  3am-5am, TIGER
5am-7am, RABBIT,  7am-9am, DRAGON,  9am-11am, SNAKE,  11am-1pm, HORSE,  1pm-3pm, SHEEP,  3pm-5pm, MONKEY,  5pm-7pm, ROOSTER, 7pm-9pm, DOG,  9pm-11pm, BOAR.
Hi Beryl and wecome to "Mystic Compititions"!

You have "0" responses to your topic :) this really thwarts my creativity in a challenging way :)

I know absolutely nothing about Chinese Astrology, but I never let ignorance slow me down :)

Humm?

I guess I am an Ox! But my Ox is in compitition with a Rat :) Now there is a reality that I can love! And it does pretty much explain me :)

So Beryl, "What kind of mind stability problems am I going to encounter being caught between a Ox and a Rat?" I am, generally speaking, what is called a "mind yogi." So resolving mind conflicts is of interest to me. Also may I ask this, "Does this conflict between the Ox and the Rat affect the physical body?"

Love!

john, an American mind yogi

RssDragon

Post by RssDragon » Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:51 am

So, you need to know the right time you were born, right? Well, mine is Dragon as well... Does that make me too crazy? I hope not. :)

Fyrbeast

Monkey 5 PM- 7 PM

Post by Fyrbeast » Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:13 am

:smt004       So am I to take the 1973 OX and combine that with the 5:30PM Rooster.  

Now you got me trying to picture an OX with the head of a rooster.  :smt004  

:smt017 That just doesn't compute
Fyrbeast

Betrayed

Post by Betrayed » Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:29 pm

Whoa. I'm Dragon Dragon! o___o

*goes running around roaring*

Bandit81101

Post by Bandit81101 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:55 pm

I was born in the year of the monkey, the hour of the sheep...have a feeling based on my personal feelings of those, that they are almost polar opposites LOL
Fairytales don't tell children that dragons exist, they already know that dragons exist.  Fairytales tell them that dragons can be defeated.

KarenChantel

the meaning of ascendants

Post by KarenChantel » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:58 pm

IN CHINESE ASTROLOGY, the 24 hours of the day is divided in 12 segments (shi chen) n each is governed by 1 of the 12 animals... Based of the time of birth, we have a second personality which will blend with our year of birth.
If a person has the same ascendant sign as the birth year, then he is considered a pure sign n has a very strong personality type that is consistent with the earth branch he represents.
Most of us, however will display uncharacteristic traits now n then or could be dominated by our ascendant sign if it is stronger than our birth sign.

For instance, a person who is born in the year of sheep may appear soft spoken n docile on the exterior, but since there is a dragon ascendant, he may have an indomitable spirit n can be formidable when challenged.

Our ascendant's characteristics play a large role in our total make up n may sometimes not immediately be recognised in our personality.

** i will be setting up a new forurm call :THECHINESE METAPHYICS- everythings u need to know on astrolgy! pls come n take a look to know more on chinese astrology see u there. :smt006

xkaliber

Ascendant thanks

Post by xkaliber » Wed May 14, 2008 4:59 pm

I didn'tk know the nature of the ascendant in chinese astro... This will really help in differientiating from other goats.. thanks
Each one Teach One

Return to “Chinese Zodiac”