WHICH IS BETTER? ZHI WEI DOU SHU OR BAZI?

Know your Sign according to your year of birth and discuss Chinese Astrology here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

KarenChantel

Post by KarenChantel » Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:37 am

WHICH IS MORE DETAIL? BAZI OR ZHI WEI DOU SHU? WHY?   :smt017  CAN ANY1 ANSWER ME?  :smt006 [/b]

KarenChantel

Post by KarenChantel » Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:58 am

A LITTLE HISTORY TIME HERE: BAZI ORIGIN IS ATTRIBUTED TO SCHOLAR LI XU ZHONG OF TANG DYNASTY (AD 618-907),BUT MADE POPULAR BY XU ZI PING IN SONG DYNASTY (AD960-1279). :) ZHI WEI DOU SHU WAS FIRST RECOEDED BY A SONG DYNASTY ASTROLOGER CH'EN T'U NAN OR CH'AN TZE YEE IN AD960-1280.  :smt002

npb

Post by npb » Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:25 pm

ZWDS is better, bazi is simple and can give very quick reference

Xuan Qi

Post by Xuan Qi » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:37 am

Ziwei is very detail and deep description on events happen in life, Bazi is very acccurate on relationship with your parents, siblings, spouse, children, friends...more on human relationship...so...it is depends on which aspect of life you would like to forecast..:-)
XuanQi

yoyocue

Post by yoyocue » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:01 pm

Why is this question always asked? Each system has its advantage.
For Zhi Wei, it is easy to learn at the beginning, then you need to read lots of documents to get into deep.
For bazi, it is hard to learn at the beginning, then you also need to read lots of documents to get into the deep.
Each system had its own blind parts. The blind parts on this sytem will be covered by another system. You go find it by yourself.

Feng Shui Pilgrim

Post by Feng Shui Pilgrim » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:37 am

Hi there,

Yoyocue is correct. Each system has their strengths and their weaknesses. Using two systems is like looking at the same person but from a different angle. You get a different perspective, a different angle and a different emphasis... but it is still the same person.

As for learning, well, both are very different in its approach. So some people learn BaZi better and others Zi Wei. It is a preference really...

But ultimately it boils down to the the skill of the astrologer.

The Pilgrim

astroace

Bazi vs Zi Wei Dou Shu

Post by astroace » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:02 am

Hi KarenChantel,

Actually both are equally good & accurate. It depends on what you want to achieve.

As Feng Shui is all about the energy around us. We can use Bazi to analyze ourself and to see what we are made up of, our strengths and weakness and how we will react to the environment in terms of element strength in different sectors, element strength at different time dimension. In actual fact Feng Shui & Bazi are inter-related as they use the 64 Hexagram which are derived from the Heaven Stems & Earthly Branch combinations.  

When we want to do a proper house audit, we need to do the Bazi of the occupants in order to determine his self element, strength and also his favorable & unfavorable elements. We use the Luo Pan to check the facing & sitting directions of the house, and determine the hexagram & the type of energy coming in. We then find a solution or cure which may require the use of element to reduce the effect of the Sha Chi. The excess use of element in that sector may not be good to that particular person and if we had not done his Bazi, we may cause more harm than good.

Those who want to improve their practice & skill in Feng Shui need to learn & understand Bazi.

Thank you,
With Best Regards,
astroace

funkyshen

Re: Bazi vs Zi Wei Dou Shu

Post by funkyshen » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:12 am

When we want to do a proper house audit, we need to do the Bazi of the occupants in order to determine his self element, strength and also his favorable & unfavorable elements. We use the Luo Pan to check the facing & sitting directions of the house, and determine the hexagram & the type of energy coming in. We then find a solution or cure which may require the use of element to reduce the effect of the Sha Chi. The excess use of element in that sector may not be good to that particular person and if we had not done his Bazi, we may cause more harm than good.

Just to add on:
After decoding the House Qi using Xuan Kong Flying Stars(XKFS), it is important that we know what aare we trying to observe and so that a specific cure can be applied.

The mapping should tell you the combination of stars at the sector which influence certain tenants on certain issues related to probably health, why is he exceptionally having illness on bladder or health for instance.

All this could be inspect and provide cure in a much systemic action, using five elements transformation principals.

I myself uses ZWDS to supplement my BAZI reading to get faster results on eventual happenings in life that was pin point by bazi. Different schools or practitioners will have different approach. And the approach changes as they pracxtise more.

Funkyshen
Do everything with heart and passion, does not harm the well being others and strive for good karma to achieve eternity and meet my mom, who I loved most.

marlyn

need 3rd opinion

Post by marlyn » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:54 am

had my and husband's birthdates read by both zwds and bazi. reports are different. need a 3rd opinion. can someone here help
my dob:  13/1/1958 22:05 hrs (+8 gmt)
spouse dob: 30/12/1954 07:55 hrs (+8gmt)
currently having some marital problem. i'm trying to repair relationship but spouse not making the effort. we are married for 26 yrs.

marlyn

doublelee

Post by doublelee » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:21 pm

Haha, both can be accurate but it depends on the person who uses them...

vipergti

zi wei do shu

Post by vipergti » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:11 pm

i can see that zi wei is much more complicated.

ba zhi quite common nowadays..

zi wei a bit rare knowledge

ZWDS

Post by ZWDS » Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:09 am

Every system has their own pros and cons however, being a practitioner myself, I believe that ZWDS is a much more insightful system but then again, this is obviously my biased opinion.  :smt002

Whether the consultation is successful and accurate or not depends greatly on the skills and experience of the practitioner therefore, it is not conclusive to debate on which system of astrology is better.

It is up to an individual's affinity to meet the appropriate practitioner too as this world is so huge in our perspective.

srivijai

Post by srivijai » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:31 pm

what is  BAZI OR ZHI WEI DOU SHU?  I would like to know about it can u help
Astrology is a miracle Try to find out the destination Let us all make use of it and get benefited

alen9788

Post by alen9788 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:36 pm

Bazi&zi wei dou shu are all for fate reading.Bazi is known as any Chinese.but the most powerful prediction method from I Ching is Qi Men Dun Jia
Accurate prediction by top Chinese astrology and Change future by Feng Shui from I Ching.

Cho-gin

Post by Cho-gin » Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:57 pm

"Qi Men Dun Jia"
is closer to zi wei dou shu.

Qi men is closer to

astronomy or meteorology
to tell what the environment holds such as earthquakes.
solar flares
wind patterns
gravity

those things are definitely part of feng shui and part of science a bit
you observe your surroundings and find the truth so to speak.
bits and pieces can be used in science as well.

so in essence.
it sells the over all picture that can change the fate of things.
by observation.

say there is a solar flare then all your enemies electronics would be rendered useless and that would be time to attack the enemy
or there is a tidal wave
perhaps you are using a wind attack etc.

it is using the earth and the universe in your favor because you know what it will likely do.

zhuge liang or nicknamed kong ming in warring states period is said to have used this to predict the wind movements
to defeat Cao Cao's navy with fire.

if you use poison gas or chemical warfare
meteorology you can use this as well outside war.
predict the weather patterns.

you best study then.

Return to “Chinese Zodiac”