THE CHINESE METAPHYSICS-Every thing u need to know on chinese astrolgy!

Know your Sign according to your year of birth and discuss Chinese Astrology here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

KarenChantel

THE CHINESE METAPHYSICS-Every thing u need to know on chinese astrolgy!

Post by KarenChantel » Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:25 pm

from the 12 zodical animals to bazi to emperor star astrogly to Qi Men Dun Jia and many many more

HI EVERYONE, THIS IS A SECTION THAT I CREATE TO INTRODUCE U GUYS N GALS WHO ARE INTERESTED IN CHINESE ASTROLGY BUT NOT FARMILAR WITH IT... I WOULD POST MANY USEFUL INFORMATION ON THIS CHINESE ART.  :smt002
AS I AM NEW TO COMPUTER, AND SLOW IN TYPING, PLS FORGIVE ME IF IT TAKES A LONG TIME TO POST EACH REPLY ON EACH SUBJECTS... ALSO FORGIVE ME FOR ALL MY WRONG SPELLING, I WOULD GO BUY A DICTIONARY SOON... SORRY SORRY :smt003  
I AM NO EXPERT IN THIS SUBJECTS BUT I BELIEVE I CAN GIVE VERY GOOD ADVICE ON THIS SUBJECTS BECAUSE I HAVE READ A LOT OF BOOKS ON THIS SUBJECTS AND IS TAKING COURSE ON IT... I AM STILL LEARNING ON IT SO I CAN DISCUSS IT WITH MY MASTER IF I EVER ENCOUNTER PROBLEMS, SO FEEL FREE TO POST YOUR REPLY BECAUSE I REALLY VALUE THEM... THEY WOULD BE MY MOTIVATION TO POST MORE REPORTS AND DO FEEL FREE TO TELL ME IF U THINK I AM WRONG SO I COULD IMPROVE MYSELF ON THAT....  :smt002

Bandit81101

Post by Bandit81101 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:34 pm

Hi :)  I have wondered about the break down of the signs.  The year, month, day, hour.  I was able to look up online which I was,
but couldn't figure out what it all meant.  Is that something that you will discuss here?  And the element factor as well?? LOL
Fairytales don't tell children that dragons exist, they already know that dragons exist.  Fairytales tell them that dragons can be defeated.

KarenChantel

The 12 animals

Post by KarenChantel » Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:12 pm

[/b]There are 12 animals in the chinese zodical, they are:

RAT (zi)                             Initiator                        I do
OX (chou),                         Enforcer                       I will
TIGER (yin),                       Idealist                        I feel
RABBIT (mao),                   Conformist                   I comply
DRAGON (chen),                 Visionary                     I see
SNAKE (si),                         Strategist                    I plan
HORSE (wu),                       Adventurer                  I act
SHEEP (wei),                       Peacemaker                I love
MONKEY (shen),                  Innovator                    I think
ROOSTER (you),                  Administrator              I count
DOG (xu),                           Guardian                    I watch
BOAR (hai)                          Unifer                        I join  

U can also find 4 sets of triangles (triangles of affinity)

THE DOERS:             Rat                   Dragon                 Monkey

These people are always taking de initiative n doesn't need any motivation from others. They r innovative n positive in their way of thinking,they enjoys taking de lead. Their enthusiam makes them capable n fearless leaders. having little or no doubts of their abilities. They usually outspoken n opinionated. Always eager to learn, unafraid to practise their beliefs n high-spirited in style,they have no problems in forging ahead. Do not expect them to admit they r wrong or accept defeat graciously. Generally they r more practical than emotional, more optimistic than wise n more restless than reflective in pursuing their dreams. They must always perform or act out their ideas to find happiness n success. They will strive to perform their mark by what they say or do; n implement their ideas into reality by their own work n will power. Judging others by accomplishments rather than woeds, they can be though n competitive in their outlook n u must impress them with strength n a good track record b4 u can gain their respect n cooperation. However once u gain their respect, they won't easily abandon u.

THE THINKERS:         Ox                   Snake                   Rooster

They r purposeful n reflective in their thinking n value intellectual prowess n didactic thinking. Gifted with superior intelligence n the ability to sort things out clamly, they r the planners n schemers who plot de course 4 others 2 follow. They r noted 4 their patience, thoroughness n steadfast dedication. Their perseverance n self sacrifice will inspire others to perform above their own ability. They r confident in their own analytical powers n will have a strong perception of how things could n should be done. Unswayed by public opinion, they r know 2b unyielding n resolute in outlook n will outwit or outmanoeevre their opponents with their clam but formidable powers. They r de most  determined thinkers who will slowly but surely reach their goals by unwavering tenacity n constancy of purpose. To work with them, u must learn 2 appreciate their analytical n cerebral abilities n appeal 2 their intelligence n practical side. Take note that they do not like surpise or sudden changes, so be sure to disccuss any other possibilities with them 1st. They also tend 2 follw their heads not heart.

THE PROTECTORS     Tiger                Horse                   Dog

They r fiery,emotional n sudjective types. Guided by compassion, they seek to serve humanity n promote understanding. They can be impulsive, self-appointed defenders of justice n morals in de world. Although they r extroverts n unselfish by nature,they can also be unorthodox in their approach n views.They r often aggressive n defiant when challenged.True to their beliefs n conscience, they react emotionally n have volatile tempers. Basically they r sociable n democratic but can be combative n commanding when called upon 2 defend themselves or those they love. Selfless, protective, loyal they will not retreat from a fight or stand silently to endure injustice. They r reputed 4 their courage but also known 2b rebellious n obstinate when negative. To work well with them, u must understand that they need personal contacts, so if u 1 2 build de bond with them, u must b sure 2 meet them on a 1 to 1 basis n have lots of heart 2 heart talk. Guided by emotional, they can asscess a situation accurately by instinct.

THE CATALYSTS        Rabbit              Sheep                   Boar

they r composed of intuitive, sympathetic n cooperative personality type who bring abt changes in others without changing themselves. Supportive, sincere n generous. They r keen observers but also skilled in self-preservation. Artistic, impressionable n creative, they r de guardians of arts, experts in communication, broadcasting n entertaintment industy.  Often they r too sensitive 2 changes or negative influences from others, so they can change their mind esaily or have feelings of unsecurity. They tend 2 b inconsistent n dependent on others 2 effect de changes they desire. They will be able 2 introduce u 2 all de right people n make connections 1 would dream possible; but they will not force the relationship. They will not provoke or start fights. True 2 their peaceful nature, they make good arbitrators n referees. Because they find it easy 2 understand n identify with others n r not too competitive or combative in their, they can very easily succeed in getting every1 2 join forces with them. Approachable, oblinging n diplomatic,they know how 2 make friends n appease enemies 2 their best advantage. These indispensable experts of 'give n take' will be successful in working out their problems n de problems of others in their own special ways.
**to be contiue

KarenChantel

reply about the 5 element and cycle.

Post by KarenChantel » Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:21 am

there r 5 element in bazi, they r:

In de producing cycle:
WATER - WOOD - FIRE - EARTH - METAL.

Rememder this:
WATER NOURISHES THE PLANTS         so: WATER PRODUCE WOOD.
WOOD IS USE TO MAKE FIRE              so: WOOD PRODUCE FIRE.
FIRE BURN FINISH THENS INTO ASH    so: FIRE PRODUCE EARTH.
EARTH IS WHERE WE FIND MINERALS  so: EARTH PRODUCE METAL.
METAL MELTS INTO LIQUID                 so : METAL PRODUCE WATER

(if u remember it this way, it will be much easiler to remember)

In de exhausting/weakening cycle:
METAL - EARTH - FIRE - WOOD - WATER

This is de opposite of producing cycle. WHY? because when u r producing something, u'll be weak. (energy is needed to produce something)

In de controlling cycle: WATER - FIRE - METAL - WOOD - EARTH - WATER

To get a clearer picture,draw out the 5 elements in the producing cycle into a circle, like the 1 below. Next draw a star inside the circle, the arrow of the star pointing from 1 side to the other would be the controlling cycle.

FIRE

WOOD                       EARTH

WATER       METAL  

Another way to rememder will be:

WOOD - FIRE - EARTH - METAL - WATER - WOOD

write the producing cycle out (like above),
WOOD skip 1 element (fire), u get EARTH (that's the element tat is being controlled by);
FIRE skip 1 element (earth), u get METAL (that's the element tat is being controlled by);
EARTH skip 1 element (metal), u get WATER (that's the element tat is being controlled by);
METAL skip 1 element(water), u get WOOD (that's the element tat is being controlled by)
WATER skip 1 element (wood), u get FIRE (that's the ellement tat is being controlled by).

do u get the whole picture?  :smt002

Bandit81101

Post by Bandit81101 » Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:24 am

I'm confused by the element.  Maybe if I listed what I know about my signs and elements you can be more specific and I'll learn more :)

Year: Metal Monkey
Month: Earth Rabbit
Day: Water Tiger
Hour: Fire Sheep
Fairytales don't tell children that dragons exist, they already know that dragons exist.  Fairytales tell them that dragons can be defeated.

KarenChantel

The 12 animals part 2

Post by KarenChantel » Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:33 am

Ever wonder why some1 whom u have knew for being very strong n brave, suddenly after a glass or 2 begins to cry?  :smt017
Or a friend of yours who was born in the year of the gentle sheep or rabbit, suppose to be gentle but was very agressive, dominating or fiery at times?  :smt013

Here is the answer to the above question...

Many people only knows abt the 12 annual animals, some might know abt the element and the animals... Not much people knows abt de ascendants sign of the chinese zodical !

For the chinese zodical, there 8640  types of different characters...

12 animals X 5 Element = 60 (jia zhi)
60 X 12 months = 720
720 X 12 Shi Chen (time) = 8640

lets goes a little deeper into it...

As most people might have know tat there r 5 elements attached to the 12 animals, some might not know so let me quickly go through this. The 5 elements r EARTH, WATER, FIRE, METAL,WOOD. Every year is attached to 1 of the above element n 1 animal.  Total there can be 60 combination n we call the whole group a jia zhi.

I have decide to add the Table for the JIA ZHI here because later on, in difference subjects there would the use of jia zhi...

Jia Zi              Bing Zi             Wu Zi             Geng Zi             Ren Zi
 Yi Chou          Ding Chou         Ji Chou          Xin Chou           Gui Chou
 Bing Yin          Wu Yin              Geng Yin        Ren Yin             Jia Yin
 Ding Mao        Ji Mao                Xin Mao         Gui Mao           Yi Mao
 Wu Chen         Geng Chen        Ren Chen      Jia Chen           Bing Chen
 Ji Si                Xin Si                 Gui Si           YI Si                Ding Si
 Geng Wu         Ren Wu              Jia Wu           Bing Wu           Wu Wu
  Xin Wei          Gui Wei               Yi Wei           Ding Wei          Ji Wei
  Ren Shen        Jia Shen             Bing Shen     Wu Shen          Geng Shen
   Gui You          Yi You                 Ding   You     Ji You              Xin You
   Jia Xu             Bing Xu               Wu Xu          Geng Xu          Ren Xu
   Yi Hai              Ding Hai             Ji Hai            Xin Hai             Gui Hai

the chart is read rrom top left hand side to bottom, follwed by the second row top to bottom ... til the last row. It should start with Jia Zi and ends at Gui Hai.

Jia          Yang Wood
Yi            Yin Wood
Bing        Yang Fire
Ding        Yin Fire
Wu          Yang Earth
Ji             Yin Earth
Geng       Yang Metal
Xin           Yin Metal
Ren          Yang Water
Gui           Yin Water

For the 12 animal chinese pls look at my next post...

brainet

Post by brainet » Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:53 am

thanks interesting reading. why is my element is different according to different books i read? i was born in 1980, some books says that my element is metal, others says wood. which one is true?

KarenChantel

Reply to Bandit81101

Post by KarenChantel » Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:03 am

i can't just give a analysis base on tat because that is only abt 10% of bazi...
the most basic chart must have:

the yin/yang of the elements for all 8 main pillars ,
all the luck pillars,
your age entering the luck pillars,
the hidden stems.

A complete chart must also have:
the 10 gods
60 jia zi na yin
gods n killing
child sha

on top of the basic chart...

from the basic chart could only read about 50% of your life while the complete chart can tell all of wat ur bazi got to say of u... but that really depends on the skill of the person interperating 4 u.

It would better that u leave me your date of birth n time of birth... i can do a manually basic 1 4 u but not now cos i m logging off soon... jus post it here n i will repy u asap...
:smt002

Bandit81101

Post by Bandit81101 » Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:09 am

Ok, I can leave my info for you :)

March 30, 1980
2:30 PM  Central Standard Time (That's upper midwest united states.)

And thank you :)  I have been really curious about all of this for some time now, but most of the info I find on the internet doens't go into it and if it does wants to charge an arm
and a leg for it lol :)

KarenChantel

Reply on why some books says metal while some say wood...

Post by KarenChantel » Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:34 am

This is because some masters uses the LUNAR calendar, while some master use the HSIA (XIA) calendar... Most Hong Kong Master uses HSIA calendar because in Hong Kong the whole nation use HSIA b4 1997, but now return to China, i really don't Know... :smt017 China uses LUNAR calendar...

Not only some books use HSIA calender but some software also...

THE USE OF HSIA CALENDAR IS VERY WRONG BECAUSE :  :smt009

for the hour, they use LUNAR,
for the day, they use HSIA,           :smt018
for the month, they use LUNAR,
for the year, they use LUNAR.

Get the Picture???

it is not consitant so the whole thing is VERY WRONG, because, in bazi, they uses the day master to determine the whole chart..  the 1st step is to determine the strengh of the day master...  :smt002

KarenChantel

Reply on why some books says metal while some say wood...

Post by KarenChantel » Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:35 am

This is because some masters uses the LUNAR calendar, while some master use the HSIA (XIA) calendar... Most Hong Kong Master uses HSIA calendar because in Hong Kong the whole nation use HSIA b4 1997, but now return to China, i really don't Know... :smt017 China uses LUNAR calendar...

Not only some books use HSIA calender but some software also...

THE USE OF HSIA CALENDAR IS VERY WRONG BECAUSE :  :smt009

for the hour, they use LUNAR,
for the day, they use HSIA,           :smt018
for the month, they use LUNAR,
for the year, they use LUNAR.

Get the Picture???

it is not consitant so the whole thing is VERY WRONG, because, in bazi, they uses the day master to determine the whole chart..  the 1st step is to determine the strengh of the day master...  :smt002

KarenChantel

to Bandit81101

Post by KarenChantel » Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:46 am

ok i will try give u ur report by tonight when i log in cos i need to prepare for classes... but i can't promise cos i have not catch some Zzzzzzzzzzz so might jus fall into deep sleep after school...  beside doing a manual report might take me a 15 to 20 mins and tat does not include analysis n typing into here...But latest by 2morro can get the report... Check out my post here...  :smt006

Bandit81101

Post by Bandit81101 » Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:33 pm

I thank you for that :)  Please take your time though, I wouldn't want to cut into your class or sleep :)

KarenChantel

HOW 2 READ UR BAZI CHART - BANDIT81101

Post by KarenChantel » Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:01 pm

BANDIT81101,this is ur bazi chart

PILLAR         HOUR         DAY           MONTH         YEAR

H.STEM        DING        REN             JI              GENG
                    -FIRE       +WATER     -EARTH       +METAL

E.BRANCH      WEI          YIN            MAO           SHEN
                     GOAT       TIGER        RABBIT       MONKEY
                   -EARTH     +WOOD      -WOOD       +METAL

HIDDEN        yi/ding     wu/jia/bing      yi        wu/geng/ren

H.STEM =heaven stem   E.BRANCH =earth branch    HIDDEN =hidden stem

basic way of reading the chart...

1.) Determine the element of day master:
look at the heaven stem of day pillar = REN yang water

2.) Determine the strengh of day master:
look at the earth branch of the month pillar = MAO rabbit

T.DATE        E.BRANCH           SEASON
   4 feb           YIN(tiger)           Spring
   6 mar         MAO(rabbit)         Spring
   5 april       CHEN(dragon)       Spring Earth
   6 may        SI(snake)            Summer
   6 june        WU(horse)           Summer
   7july         WEI(sheep)           Summer Earth
  8agust       SHEN(monkey)      Autumn
   8sept         YOU(rooster)        Autumn
   8oct          XU(dog)                Autumn Earth
   7nov         HAI(boar)             Winter
   7dec          ZI(rat)                 Winter
   6jan          CHOU(ox)             Winter Earth

from the above chart, we could see that the Mao(rabbit) belongs to the Spring.

SEASON    PROSPEROUS    STRONG       WEAK       TRAP       DEAD
Spring        wood                 fire            water        metal        earth
Summer     fire                   earth          wood         water       metal
Autumn       metal               water          earth         fire          wood
Winter        water                wood          metal         earth         fire

prosperous = very
strong strong = strong
weak = weak
trap = very weak
dead= very weak

from the chart above, we could see that water is weak in spring so this would be a weak day master.

3.) what are the favourable/unfavourable elements?

weak day master likes:
a) the element that produce it
b) the same element as it

weak day master dislikes:
a) control by other element
b) control another another element
c) produce another element

Favourable Elements for a weak REN Water day master are METAL and WATER.
Unfavourable Elements for a weak REN Water day master are EARTH, FIRE and WOOD.

4.) what does the elements stands for this day master?

METAL = RESOURCE (element that produce the day master)
WATER = WATER (same element as day master)
EARTH = INFLUENCE (element that controls day master)
FIRE = WEALTH (element that control day master)
WOOD = OUTPUT (element produce by day master)

5.) so what does the METAL in the chart means?

Resource stands for intelligent, enjoys self improvement, forcused in learning, intuition (6th sense), support from superiors, family background, assistance received, etc...

the resource is of a favourable element.

now we look into the QUALITY of the metal in the chart... the metal penetrates from the heaven stem (GENG) to the earth branch (SHEN) to the hidden stem (GENG) of the year pillar.
The quality of the metal is strong and good.

** we r looking for QUALITY not QUANTITY in bazi.

will be contiued in the next post, full house already...  :smt003

KarenChantel

HOW 2 READ UR BAZI CHART - BANDIT81101 ( part 2 )

Post by KarenChantel » Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:51 pm

there is also a internal 6 clash between the YIN (tiger) and the SHEN (monkey) in the earth branches...

internal clash usually result into emotional upset... the YIN sits on the SPOUSE PALACE which is a scared place in bazi.  

now we go into the elements to see between this clash. who wins.

YIN = yang wood       SHEN = yang metal  

* don't just jump into the concludsion that because metal controls wood,   SHEN wins. in bazi we are looking into the big picture so we have to conclude everything.

MAO is the season of spring, in spring wood is the strongest element, metal is weak. (refer to the chart on the earlier post)

picture this, can a rusty metal axe chop a strong healthy big tree? not easy at all...

The outcome of YIN ( output/spouse/) losing to the SHEN (resource/extended family members/thinking) is what ?
The day pillar also stand 4 self, while the year pillar stands 4 grandparents.
Clash in this 2 pillar =?

RESULTS: u may have a lots of ideas but u r not be able to perform it out.
extended family members might not be sastified with your spouse. Your spouse extend a certain control in your thinking. Your affinity with ur grandparents is poor.

6.) wat does the WATER in the chart means?

WATER = COMPANION (same element) Favourable element to day master

Companion stands for will power, self confident/ esteem / consciousness, friends, siblings, rivals, competitors, etc)

the QUALITY of the WATER is weak.

RESULTS: u often feels lonely even when surround by friends. U could receieve help from friend but not much friends.  

7.) what does the EARTH in the chart mean?

EARTH = INFLUENCE (element tat control day master) Unfavourable

Influence stands for control, nobility, authority, charisma, rules n regulations, self control(behaves), status, etc...

RESULTS: surrounds by lots of earth means u tend to be on the rebellious side. u do not like to follow the rules. u will need to practise self control. Earth elements being a unfavourable to day master means, u like to walk ur own way in life, and u may not reach a high status in life.

Ladies take note that de influence star also stands 4 ur husband.

Having a WU (yang earth) in the heaven stem in the month pillar which is just beside ur self element REN (yang water) in the heaven stem of the day pillar means u will have the support of ur husband. Being surround by EARTH (husband) : look at the WEI (yin earth) in the hour earth branch n the wu in the day n year hidden stem, u r surrounded by guys n can easily gain help from them.  

Now look at the big picture, surround by males + support from husband + support from many guys + clash in the spouse palace + unfavourable element in spouse palace + Influenece (husband) star being unfavourable = ?

because u r surround by many wonderful n helpful guys, u may not feel that ur husband is doing enough 4 u, so u r often not sasitfed with the relationship u r having... in the same time there r guys out there wooing u even when u r attached.

7.) what does the WOOD in the charts stands for?

WOOD = OUTPUT (element produce by day master) unfavourable

Output stands for creavity, ability to perform or rise to the occassion, going against the norm, achieve the extraordinary, persuasive power, etc

in the season of spring, the wood is strong. the YIN (tiger) and MAO (rabbit) combines into half spring which further strengen the wood.

RESULTS : having strong wood means u have a lots of ideas n u have the ability to perform and rise to the occassion.
because it is a unfavourable element, ur ideas tend to be un realistic sometimes. the way u get ur message across can also be harsh to some others or they get the wrong messenge. u can be easily mark by con men. often u would end up saying yes when u suppose to say no. u also belong 2 the type of people who despite ur ablitiy, still can't get recognition in work.

8.) what does the FIRE in this chart stands for?

FIRE = WEALTH ( element control by day master) unfavourable.

wealth of cos stands 4 money la... Note, if the chart is 4 man, it also stands 4 wife star.

i want to comment here, every1 point of view is very different... to a begger, $100 can be a big amount... but to a banker that's just peanut butter, and to a millionair, 1 million isn't big enogh to quit their jobs but 2 a labour, if i hit the loto/toto, i quit for life...   :smt002  so the wealth indicates here is just the standard of ancient chinese people living in the past...
so wat does it mean by wealthy in the past? a man who owns a business, have a few wife and a couple of maids, a big number of children to feed. no cars pay istallment to, no handphones to upgrade every month etc...

back 2 the subject,
i cannot give a full detail of the wealth because i need the luck pillar to comment on it... got destiny, not luck also no use... i can only tells u watch ur destiny says of u...

RESULTS: DING(yin fire) on the heaven stem of hour pillar is rooted into the DING n BING in the hidden stem of hour n day pillar, so it is strong. in spring wood is strong so wood produce fire so fire also strong, u can refer to the 1st post to see chart.  Strong wealth + weak day master, would the day master able tocontrol the wealth?  

Answer  is YES and NO, because it is stated in the chart the this person have the capicity to amass wealth, so what a weak day master needs is a little luck to push u up...

:smt006

Return to “Chinese Zodiac”