Dragon & Dog relationship

Know your Sign according to your year of birth and discuss Chinese Astrology here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

astroace

Dragon & Dog relationship

Post by astroace » Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:55 am

Hi Anggrek,

Based on the Year Pillar, the Earthly Branch of Dragon & Dog are in 6 Clash position (direct clash).
This means that they oppose one another. But we have to also consider the Heaven Stems meaning there are 5 different types of Dragons and Dogs born in different years.

1952 = Water Dragon, 1964 = Wood Dragon, 1976 = Fire Dragon, 1988 = Earth Dragon, 2000 = Metal Dragon,
1958 = Earth Dog, 1970 = Metal Dog, 1982 = Water Dog, 1994 = Wood Dog, 2006 = Fire Dog

We then consider the Heaven Stem Combination & Clashes. Wood clashes with Earth & Metal, Fire clashes with Metal & Water, Earth clashes with Wood & Water, Metal clashes with Wood & Fire and Water clashes with Earth & Fire.

When both Heaven Stem & Earthly Branch clash, it is Fan Yin or total clash. Normally the relationship of people with this total clash with one another will not last because their energy is in conflict. We should consider doing the Bazi charts of both couple to determine their DM and their actual elemental strength.

Sometimes they are attracted to one another because of their needs for that particular element energy which their partner can provide them during their Bazi Luck Cycle. But when they change to the next Luck Cycle, they may not need that energy anymore or when their partner change to the next Luck Cycle, their element strength also change. The attraction to one another becomes less or not needed anymore. (similar to Western = 7 Years Itch, Chinese = 9 Years)

We need to check their Symbolic Stars to see if other factors will affect their marriage.
Most important is one need to practice patience, tolerance, understanding and self restrain in order to make the marriage work.

Best of Luck to You,
astroace

Blackfeatherau

my Water Dragon with Earth dog clash

Post by Blackfeatherau » Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:53 am

Thanks Astroace for your insight with Dragons and Dogs.

I know very little about this astrology, but I can tell you from personal experience as a female Earth DOG in a marriage with a Water DRAGON having a child who was a Water DOG - life was nothing but hell!

To say that the measure of the relationship would be between 7 - 9 years, too true, it was 8 years.

My daughter Water DOG no longer wants contact with her Water DRAGON father, but is very loyal in her own way to me (Earth DOG).

I can now only look on to what will be the situation with my grand daughter who is a Rooster....?

Thanks again for the very interesting insight to the DRAGON / DOG.

astroace

Dog / Rooster Relationship

Post by astroace » Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:58 am

Hi Blackfeattherau,

Wishing You and Your Family A Very Merry Christmas.

From the info you gave, your relationship with your daughter based on Bazi seems that you are quite strict to her. There is an Element Clash where your Heaven Stem Earth Element controls her Heaven Stem Water Element. Dog people are naturally loyal and they are forgiving, thus having the harmony between both of you. Water in her charts means she need the flexibility and can conform to whatever situation. Your relationship will be better if you can accommodate this.

The relationship between your daughter and your grand daughter (3yrs old) is such that being a Water Dog to a Wood Rooster, your daughter gives in easily to her child. There is a 6 Harm clash between the Dog and the Rooster. This means that there will come a time when they will have some misunderstanding because of other person. This may happen when her child becomes a teenager. She need to guide her child to understand the bond between Mother and Daughter relationship like Best of Friends. This way the future problem is minimized.

The relationship between you and your grand daughter is not so rosy. There is an Element Clash between your Earth Element with her Wood Element. Here she will become the controlling factor and also the clash between your Dog and her Rooster as same as your daughter to her. As she is only a child it is best to guide and train her to respect the Elders. If she can understand Patience and Tolerance, she may be able to overcome this clash with you.

It is always good to have a happy and harmonious family life. Your family is your pillar of strength.

Best Wishes and may all your Dreams come true,
astroace

Sukie

Post by Sukie » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:44 pm

Hello Astroace,

I know it has been a long time since the post that I am replying to, but I found it very interesting and helpful. I was  wondering if you could please  give me some helpful tips on how I could better the relationship between my husband and our child? I am a metal dog, my husband is a wood tiger, and our only child is a wood monkey?  I would like to keep harmony between us. Hope you can help. Thank you. :-)

hasbulh70

Dragon and Dog

Post by hasbulh70 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:35 am

Dear all,

1. My wife is a dragon and I am a dog. Celestial collision ! Just like the cosmos. My marriage is like a never ending collisions of asteriods, comets, planets and galaxies.
2. I barely hold on just for the sake of the children. 17 years of hell and I kept to my promise just like a dog does.
3. She treats me like a dog and we constantly fight. Sometime I wonder why I still cling on to her. ( I love my children very much. May be that's the reason).

Thank you.

So no dragons for dogs and no dogs for dragons please...................

and Sukie, is your husband a wood tiger or Tiger Woods ?

AccuratePredict

Post by AccuratePredict » Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:59 pm

Yeah,Wood clashes with  Metal.According to Five Element theory,Metal controls wood.But Five Element is one part of Chinese prediction theory.It is not that simple for comprehensive analysis.

xbabymelly

Post by xbabymelly » Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:54 am

I'm earth dragon and my daughter is fire dog,we clash /:

Return to “Chinese Zodiac”