Lotus sign in angelina jolie's palm

For Palmistry discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

stalin.v

Lotus sign in angelina jolie's palm

Post by stalin.v » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:49 pm

Here, I  illustrate the flower/ lotus sign from the angelina jolie's hand

This was first identified and posted by me in another forum with different user name

1. Lotus sign is generally said to be present in the hands of queen. but, i suggest you to read the book "Ananga ranga" where it has been clearly stated that queens tend to possess multiple pictorial signs in their hands/ foot/ body/ or randomly in their body . (lotus/circle/ umbrella etc). If any women has any single queenly signs tend to live like queen.

2.celebrities must be having pictorial signs. usually it is framed by thin/ feeble lines. so good quality picture is important to trace them.

3. you can see 3petal and a peduncle of flower in her hand

4. This lotus sign located on wrist and venus mount. wrist usually display parents. venus represent beauty. Angelina's parents has professional background of cinema. Now co-relate all

5. Many times we can see that pictorial signs can be incomplete/ feeble at some area. Depends on the quality, The possessor get benefit. This is one of the reason why we find difficulty in identifying the feature.

Regards,
stalin.v[/url]
Attachments
angelina .jpg
Lotus sign on angelina's hand
angelina .jpg (150.98 KiB) Viewed 43470 times

udit

Post by udit » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:26 pm

Hi Stalin

well done!

not only for posting the pic with the sign but also your explanations, about importance of even half-formed or incomplete-set-of-signs
signs if present are bound to have some impact (may be negligible, depending on their quality etc)

regards

stalin.v

Post by stalin.v » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:32 pm

Thanks udit.

These ideas are not seemingly well explained in books . because these signs have cultural significance and philosophical value. Lotus is held in the hands by almost  all hindu deities which are well illustrated in almost all hindu temples and shrines. so, In ancient times, palmists had no trouble in identifying these signs. When we say 'square sign', noone require futher explanations. similarly ancient palmists had no difficulty in identifying pictorial signs since their philosophy is unique and applicable to all walks of their life For instance., chakra vyuga (discus shaped military formation), padma vyuga ( lotus shaped military ) formation. etc., Hence our philosophies are not certainly limited with either one art or one divination. Even a minute idea of hindu too will have broad dimension in various fields/path of their life.

To gather, to learn, and to understand these ideas about their philosophical uniqueness and pictorial signs, i certainly spent some years on palmistry forum. Since ancient indians and their life had certainity about their philosophy, they had no trouble in finding these rare signs in palm. so, they have not written how the lotus sign looks, how much petals etc., ( Or havent i come across such books? ).

Whatever may be!... we need to know that the certainity and uniqueness of ancient indian philosophy, symbols etc, were applied in their all walks of life. This we must remember in order to reason behind the significance of these pictorial sign in palms. lotus- 1000 petal lotus sign is sagaskaram or crown chakra. padmasana - Asana resembles lotus position. Just i gave you the points. But to explain all uniqueness we need broad knowledge on various aspects of hindus and need a logical mind to research upon them. Westerns dont have such deep philosophy in their culture. That is why they argue for years on primitive aspect of palmistry. but we have so much things to learn and research on our culture.

Regards,
stalin.v

stalin.v

Post by stalin.v » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:44 pm

Hi there, :-)

Padma (Nelumbo nucifera), the sacred lotus, is an aquatic plant that plays a central role in Indian religions such as Hinduism, Buddhism, and jains.

Symbolism

The lotus is an ancient polyvalent symbol in Asian culture. Hindus revere it with the gods Vishnu, Brahma and to a lesser degree Kubera, and the goddesses Lakshmi and Sarasvati . Often used as an example of divine beauty and purity, Vishnu is often described as the 'Lotus-Eyed One'. The lotus springs from the navel of Vishnu whilst he is in Yoga Nidra. The lotus blooms uncovering the creator god Brahma in padmasana.[1] Its unfolding petals suggest the expansion of the soul. The growth of its pure beauty from the mud of its origin holds a benign spiritual promise. Particularly Brahma and Lakshmi, the divinities of potency and wealth, have the lotus symbol associated with them.

The lotus flower is one of the Vajrayana Ashtamangala, representative of creation and cosmic renewal and 'primordial purity' (Wylie: ka dag) and shares in the chakra and mandala symbolism of the Dharmachakra, is also cited extensively within Puranic and Vedic literature, for example:
One who performs his duty without attachment, surrendering the results unto the Supreme Lord, is unaffected by sinful action, as the lotus is untouched by water.
—Bhagavad Gita 5.10:

This has also taken root in Chinese cultures with a famous statement made by the Confucian scholar Zhou Dunyi: "I love the lotus because while growing from mud, it is unstained."

The padma is held to be a flower with a thousand petals and is therefore associated with the Sahasrara and indeed all the chakra. The padma appears as an endemic dais upon which deities rest and indeed upon which Hindu iconography is founded.

In Buddhist symbolism the lotus is symbolic of purity of the body, speech, and mind as while rooted in the mud, its flowers blossom on long stalks as if floating above the muddy waters of attachment and desire. It is also symbolic of detachment as drops of water easily slide off its petals.

It is also to be noted that most Buddhist, Chinese, Hindu, Japanese, amongst other Asian deities are often are depicted as seated on a lotus flower. According to legend, Gautama Buddha was born with the ability to walk and everywhere he stepped, lotus flowers bloomed.

Robert Lawlor, a symbologist while living in Puducherry (1991: p.388) states:

The lotus in both Egypt and India symbolizes the union of the four elements; earth, air, fire, and water. The roots are in the earth, it grows in and by means of water, its leaves are nourished by air, and it blooms through the power of the sun's fire. The lotus is therefore the perfection of the fourfold order of the natural world. The growth of a new flower directly from the earth-bound original (inflorescent proliferation) may be interpreted as a symbol of transcendence as found in Indian philosophy: a spiritual emergence of a higher world directly from our physical manifestation. It may also be interpreted, as in Egypt, as the exaltation of the essence quality of the lotus.
[edit]
See also
Nelumbo nucifera
Lotus (disambiguation)
Ashtamangala (Eight Auspicious Symbols)
[edit]
Notes
^ Refer Brahma Samhita.
[edit]
References
Dallapiccola, Anna L. (2002). Dictionary of Hindu Lore and Legend. New York: Thames & Hudson. ISBN 0-500-51088-1.
Lawlor, Robert (1991). Voices Of The First Day: Awakening in the Aboriginal Dreamtime. Rochester, Vermont: Inner Traditions International, Ltd. ISBN 0-89281-355-5

Link:  en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Padma_(attribute)
Attachments
images_2.jpeg
Lotus
images_2.jpeg (6.74 KiB) Viewed 43396 times
images_3.jpeg
Lotus
images_3.jpeg (9.08 KiB) Viewed 43396 times

stalin.v

Post by stalin.v » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:01 pm

Quote from the book "Indian palmistry, 1890 - J.B.Dale"

If a lotus flower or like-shaped figure be here,
the person, if a female, will be sure to become a
great lady, in fact almost a queen. If the same be
on a male hand he will be sure to be renowned and
great (No. 2).

link to read this book:
www.ebooksread.com/authors-eng/j-b-dale ... -ala.shtml

stalin.v

Post by stalin.v » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:39 am

This is said to be kollam in tamil (designing the entrance of the home with flour or whity sandy power) which is done by every hindu women across the india everyday for the purpose of decorating home. It is the belief that goddess. Laxmi / any auspicious goddess will enter into house if decorated with such auspicious design or kollam at the entrance of the home. Even this designs posses philosophical background behind each. I posted here what my mom designed at the entrance of our home few days back. So that we can understand how deeply hindu philosophy invaded in our daily life.(sometimes even without awareness)

This is the exact lotus sign we are looking for in the hands of extraordinary queenly figures.Similarly, conch sign / design is commonly seen in india since these are much auspious signs and interestingly found in the hands of celebritie's palm as explained in the pamistry literatures.

Regards,
Stalin.v
Attachments
2013-04-24 11.14.18.jpg
2013-04-24 11.14.18.jpg (797.29 KiB) Viewed 40093 times
2013-04-24 11.14.30.jpg
Every hindu women draw this kind of various design before the entrance of their house everyday for the purpose of decoration, inviting goddess and to express the hindu's philosophy
2013-04-24 11.14.30.jpg (821.31 KiB) Viewed 40098 times

morning.mirage

Post by morning.mirage » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:21 pm

Could you help me understand if this symbol is significant in any way?
I, initially, thought it was the "fish" symbol..until I looked closer.
The lines are fine, so I outlined it for you.

stalin.v

Post by stalin.v » Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:18 pm

Hi morning.mirage

This is the exact sign in angellina jolie's venus mount. I try my level best by make you understand and others.. Thanks for the interest
Attachments
Lotus kollam.jpg
This is the exact sign in angellina jolie's venus mount. I try my level best by make you understand and others.. Thanks for the interest
Lotus kollam.jpg (172.78 KiB) Viewed 36829 times

stalin.v

Post by stalin.v » Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:48 pm

I tried my level best.. I am not good in drawing
Attachments
angelina-.jpg
Angelina's palm
angelina-.jpg (150.98 KiB) Viewed 36824 times
angelina__181.jpg
Angelina's palm- lotus sign has been marked
angelina__181.jpg (58.67 KiB) Viewed 36824 times
Lotus kollam.jpg