Fighting the Girdle of Venus

For Palmistry discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

coffeeteer

Fighting the Girdle of Venus

Post by coffeeteer » Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:24 am

It is only through this forums did I realize I carry broken Girdle of Venuses on both my left and right hands. Readings of it were fairly accurate as it pointed to my moodiness and my weak control over my emotions. I have recently looked more into it and found that my broken Girdle of Venus extends to my marriage line.

I am quite displeased with my findings, but at the same time I probably already knew about the fate of my love life. I have only been in one long-lasting relationship which I ended due to silly meaningless fights which grew more and more frequent. The pain and tears were not worth losing both our sanity for. Since then I have not allowed myself to enter another relationship until I am certain I have conquered my emotions. Alas, after many years, this has not yet happened.

So the topic I'd like to discuss is whether an individual can challenge his nature, and thus change the lines on his palms. Particularly the Girdle of Venus.

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:35 am

My feeling is that if you continue to wait until you have conquered or gained complete control over your emotions, then you should probably forget having any further relationship, as progressively conquering one's emotions is a task which usually spans many lifetimes. For every emotion you gain a degree of control over during any particular lifetime there will always be others which stubbornly resist being changed. While human beings were designed to experience the entire spectrum of human emotions and slowly but surely gain some level of control over them through many incarnations, usually there is a short list of them which are worked upon in any individual lifetime.

I am very sorry to hear that your relationship ended on such a bad and unhappy note, but having a loving and caring relationship with another fallible human being like yourself is the recommended way for one to develop the ability to gain greater self control. You have to learn to accept than neither of you are anything like being perfect or in complete control of your emotions, in order to get  the many advantages of being in the relationship.

Unfortunately there are no shortcuts or easy ways to achieve your ideal, and remember that it is an ideal that must be worked towards but very unlikely be reached. From what you have said here (as this is not a reading) it sounds to me that it was not so much that the relationship broke down because you could not control your emotions, but more that you had unrealistic expectations about your ability to control your feelings.

The apparent difference between your ideal (complete control over all emotions) and what you perceived was your level of control made you unnecessarily and unfairly punish yourself for something of which you were never guilty which then in turn closed down communication between the two of you. When two way honest communication of your thoughts and feelings about yourselves and each other breaks down the writing is on the wall for the end of the relationship (its days are numbered).

The first important step to reestablishing communication is for one of you to be the first to say that you are sorry (and really mean it). This is the best way I know of to break down the barriers keeping you apart. The next best way is a mutual willingness to compromise or meet each other at least half way in any conflict or disagreement.

A willingness to compromise is never to be interpreted as a sign of weakness or surrender. It should instead be taken as a sign of inner strength and respect, both for oneself as well as for your partner. Genuinely saying that you are sorry plus a willingness to compromise by both partners is a good foundation upon which to reopen the channels of communication, and to ultimately rebuild the relationship into something much better, stronger and more honest and realistic in its expectations, than it was before the breakdown happened.

Yes you can to some extent challenge your nature and gain greater control over your emotions, but doing it while in a relationship is usually easier than going solo, though the task is rarely easy.

Other than using some corrosive chemical to burn the lines off your palms, I doubt that you can significantly change them (or that they will change spontaneously to reflect what is happening in your efforts to control your feelings. But it is not the lines which need to change. Rather is your thoughts, attitudes and expectations.  These can be gradually changed over time, without you having to touch the lines on your palms.

A broken Girdle of Venus on both your palms probably means that you are more likely than the average person who does not have them to be moody and experience problems controlling your feelings , but it absolutely does not mean that you must accept that moodiness and a difficulty to control your feelings in all situations is inevitable or predestined to stay with you throughout your entire life.

EoT

Return to “Palmistry”