Is this true?

For Palmistry discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

Rohiniranjan

Is this true?

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:45 pm

Two questions:

{1} I heard/read sometime ago that individuals who experience loss of functioning in one or both hands - paralysis or nerve degeneration etc., show regression in the lines etc of their palms. Can any of the folks that see a lot of palms, and have seen hands of such individuals confirm or deny such an occurrence?

{2} Heard a LA palmist the other day who claimed that lines and mounts on palm are only of 5-10% importance in a palmistry reading. He studied Vedic palmistry in india and insisted that dermatoglyphics, ridges and whorls are of 90-95% importance. Lines and mounts change over time but whorls and ridges (fingerprints) remain constant throughout life. In any case that was the reasoning he gave.

He also mentioned that in India astrology is called jyotish and palmistry is called jyotishi  :smt017  My understanding was that palmistry is called hasta samudrik vidya. This is a minor point and he might have confused the indian terms. Nothing destructive there! :)
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Re: Is this true?

Post by RishiRahul » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:57 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:Two questions:

{1} I heard/read sometime ago that individuals who experience loss of functioning in one or both hands - paralysis or nerve degeneration etc., show regression in the lines etc of their palms. Can any of the folks that see a lot of palms, and have seen hands of such individuals confirm or deny such an occurrence?
Rishi= I have the experience of hands where the  loss of functioning has occured already... and the sign was there.

{2} Heard a LA palmist the other day who claimed that lines and mounts on palm are only of 5-10% importance in a palmistry reading. He studied Vedic palmistry in india and insisted that dermatoglyphics, ridges and whorls are of 90-95% importance. Lines and mounts change over time but whorls and ridges (fingerprints) remain constant throughout life. In any case that was the reasoning he gave.
Rishi= The lines and mounts being 5 to 10% important is an understatement.
Lately the ridges and whorls are getting their due attention, and research is on.; but is important to decipher the psychological make up, rather the genetic make up better.
I have a littlebit of idea, but have not delved into that much at all.

He also mentioned that in India astrology is called jyotish and palmistry is called jyotishi  :smt017  My understanding was that palmistry is called hasta samudrik vidya. This is a minor point and he might have confused the indian terms. Nothing destructive there! :)

Rishi= You are very correct.

Rishi
RishiRahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

Pravin Kumar

Post by Pravin Kumar » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:11 am

Lines on palm show the direction in which your thought goes. Lines do change. Mounts are of importance. If Mounts are not important then what would astrologers do. In the same how can we function unless and until we do not know which Mount if more prominent. Rest of what you have mentioned is true but the percentage part I cannot agree as I said that mounts above have great importance too.

P.K.
For detailed palm reading and spiritual guidance Consult at: pravinjsoni97@hotmail.com

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:04 pm

Gentlemen,

I was simply quoting what the palmist was saying :-)

Rishi, you stopped short of elaborating other than saying 'signs were there'! In folks with loss of function, paralysis, etc.!

Pravin ji, that person claimed to look at fingerprints (whorls etc) as per indian samudrik system and not the western system of Cheiro et al that most of us might have learned and follow.

Lines and mounts (and finger shapes etc) are major components in western palmistry from what I have seen.
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:15 pm

RishiRahul wrote:...

Lately the ridges and whorls are getting their due attention, and research is on.; but is important to decipher the psychological make up, rather the genetic make up better...
Rishi[/u]
you are thinking of the modern interest in the area of modern dermatoglyphics (finger prints), simian crease etc. I don't think that guy was using that but more akin to what Rao etc were writing about in "Your destiny from the thumb", and 'your natal chart in the palm' books. Samudrik vidhya iow! ;-)
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:58 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:

Lately the ridges and whorls are getting their due attention, and research is on.; but is important to decipher the psychological make up, rather the genetic make up better...
Rishi[/u]
you are thinking of the modern interest in the area of modern dermatoglyphics (finger prints), simian crease etc. I don't think that guy was using that but more akin to what Rao etc were writing about in "Your destiny from the thumb", and 'your natal chart in the palm' books. Samudrik vidhya iow! ;-)

Thats correct Dada,

I was thinking in terms of the modern dermatoglyphics (not simian crease).

Amyways nowI understand your point.

Rishi
RishiRahul.com

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:14 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:Gentlemen,

Rishi, you stopped short of elaborating other than saying 'signs were there'! In folks with loss of function, paralysis, etc.!

Pravin ji, that person claimed to look at fingerprints (whorls etc) as per indian samudrik system and not the western system of Cheiro et al that most of us might have learned and follow.

Lines and mounts (and finger shapes etc) are major components in western palmistry from what I have seen.

Dear Dada,

Sorry I was away for sometime, as usual.
Not as bad as Hailleys comet though :)

I have much respect for the Samudrik system; though not much research from my end.

Only after your mention of the book  by Raghu Rao, I opened the much neglected book on the thumb,  hoping to make sense of it at my present later ages.

By  saying 'signs were there'! In folks with loss of function, paralysis, etc.! what I" meant was that... I do not remeber seeing a palm who was later attacked by paralysis; though I have seen the hands of people suffering the disease.

If you feel that I haven't understood your question please mention :)

Rishi
RishiRahul.com

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:17 pm

RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:

Rishi[/u]

Thats correct Dada,

Rishi
Simian crease is a part of that modern development (which you were thinking about), particularly medical dermatoglyphics (interesting correlations with cardiac and metabolic diseases) as well a forensic -- though not what Vernon was referring to, obviously!
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:24 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:

Rishi[/u]

Thats correct Dada,

Rishi
Simian crease is a part of that modern development (which you were thinking about), particularly medical dermatoglyphics (interesting correlations with cardiac and metabolic diseases) as well a forensic -- though not what Vernon was referring to, obviously!

Isn't simian crease a modern development of the simian line.

A disturbed heart line can indicate a physical heart or an emotional heart problem or both.
Differentiating them is not easy, but not impossible.
Dermatoglyphics or Samudrik could help there, but these areas are unresearched and not developed in a concise manner, yet.

Of course there are methods beyond the scope of Palmistry:smt002 which is easier and concise.

Who is Vernon?

Rishi
Last edited by RishiRahul on Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:27 pm

RishiRahul wrote:

Dear Dada,

I have much respect for the Samudrik system; though not much research from my end.

Only after your mention of the book  by Raghu Rao, I opened the much neglected book on the thumb,  hoping to make sense of it at my present later ages.

By  saying 'signs were there'! In folks with loss of function, paralysis, etc.! what I" meant was that... I do not remeber seeing a palm who was later attacked by paralysis; though I have seen the hands of people suffering the disease.

Rishi
Even if you have not had the chance to study a palm sequentially, meaning changes in appearance of palm and lines etc before and after paralysis I have heard folks say that paralysis leads to a drastic obliteration of lines and mounts, partly due to wasting, of course, but nerves are obviously involved in maintaining the lines etc. The brain-mind-body connection and possibly lines being subservient to brain-mind (hence alterable).

The whorls and 'prints' don't change and seem more innate and less subject to nerves.

Anyway...
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:30 pm

RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:

Rishi[/u]

Thats correct Dada,

Rishi

Isnt simian crease a modern development of the simian line.

Who is Vernon?

Rishi
Same thing!

The guy I was talking about. :-)
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:45 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:

Dear Dada,

Rishi
Even if you have not had the chance to study a palm sequentially, meaning changes in appearance of palm and lines etc before and after paralysis I have heard folks say that paralysis leads to a drastic obliteration of lines and mounts, partly due to wasting, of course, but nerves are obviously involved in maintaining the lines etc. The brain-mind-body connection and possibly lines being subservient to brain-mind (hence alterable).

The whorls and 'prints' don't change and seem more innate and less subject to nerves.

Anyway...
When a native suffers paralysis, the hand gets twisted, leading to the lines look twisted.
The major lines, in my opinion, never really twist; of course the skin quality can shrivel and the lines can look twisted due to that :)

Rishi
RishiRahul.com

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:46 pm

RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:

Rishi[/u]

Thats correct Dada,

Rishi

A disturbed heart line can indicate a physical heart or an emotional heart problem or both.
Dermatoglyphics or Samudrik could help there, but these areas are unresearched and not developed in a concise manner, yet.

Of course there are methods beyond the scope of Palmistry:smt002 which is easier and concise.

Who is Vernon?

Rishi
RishiRahul.com

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:10 pm

RishiRahul wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:

Rishi[/u]

Thats correct Dada,

Rishi

Who is Vernon?

Rishi
Those who have seen/studied such cases (paralysis) say that over some time the lines fade.

These are subsets and some new names but all can be grouped (or should be) under the study of hands and palms. Like mukhopadhyaya=Mukherjee etc ;-)

Google indicated that there are 4000+ papers on dermatoglyphics, so a lot of research exists and many probably documenting carefully done research etc.

He is a director of a west coast palmistry institute I believe.
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:48 am

Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:

Rishi[/u]

Thats correct Dada,

Rishi

Who is Vernon?

Rishi
Those who have seen/studied such cases (paralysis) say that over some time the lines fade.

These are subsets and some new names but all can be grouped (or should be) under the study of hands and palms. Like mukhopadhyaya=Mukherjee etc ;-)

Google indicated that there are 4000+ papers on dermatoglyphics, so a lot of research exists and many probably documenting carefully done research etc.

He is a director of a west coast palmistry institute I believe.
Maybe this is correct. There is no reason to disbelieve it.

I will keep this in mind.

Thanks,

Rishi
RishiRahul.com

Return to “Palmistry”