Do you have tarot cards?

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

Tony Furze

Post by Tony Furze » Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:14 am

I asked someone to buy me pack in England some years back. Its the Rider Waite version. I keep the deck wrapped in black silk in my cupboard.

zSar

Post by zSar » Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:56 pm

I have two sets of tarot decks. One which ws given to me many years ago (maybe 15 yrs) and I stilll have it. Its the original rider deck. I used a lot in that time and a lot of my friends and relatives where so amazed that almost all of the readings relates to their problems and outcomes. But somehow, I stopped doing it and stored it properly.  I just recently going back to do tarot readings and I started to use it again. But I also bought a new deck - Guilded. It was a very nice set...
:smt002

jawallac27

Post by jawallac27 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:21 pm

I have several decks.

Robin Wood deck
Universal Waite deck
A set of major arcana cards I made myself
Voyager Tarot (never use it)
Ancient Egyptian deck (rarely use it)

and three that aren't specifically tarot, though you use them in a similar fashion:
1)  The Enlightenment Pack  
A review is here aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/enlightenment-pack/review

2) an Oblique Strategies deck I made myself
Musician Brian Eno helped invent this.
More about it at ObliqueStrategies

3) The Observation Deck (toolkit for writers)

Mod note:

We are very restrictive with working links, it's ok to tell the site...then those who are interested can put it into browser.
This is done to protect us all..since a link can be called whatever.
And if we allow some...it's hard to deny others. Regulars have a bit more room.
Rhutobello

michael9

Astrology

Post by michael9 » Wed May 09, 2007 11:18 am

Hi, I totally agree, astrology is nice to have to let off steam when things are crazy. The future is unpredictable. I am always the High Priestess, when reading  when having them read hear too. As a new student, learning about  you should focus on the elements and concepts associated with each of the four Tarot card sets.

Mod note: Links edited, please read guidelines on link exchange Guidelines re links in posts

Chooky

Post by Chooky » Thu May 10, 2007 1:36 pm

It was suggested to me to wrap them in silk

Gem

Post by Gem » Thu May 10, 2007 1:42 pm

Silk or cotton or any natural fibre is good, supposedly it stops the card picking up negative vibrations and energies.  But really showing the cards honour is good and forming a ritual and set of rules that mean 'I am working now' is good so the unwrapping forms part of that :)

fallenangel

Post by fallenangel » Mon May 21, 2007 9:13 am

My case for the tarot is just a furry case. :) I have put a plasticful of salt to keep it away from negative energies and have constant cleansing. :) I believe it works when you think it would work. :)

scarletdaisies

Post by scarletdaisies » Sat May 26, 2007 2:49 am

I keep my decks in a wooden box.  They are supposed to be wrapped in a black silk cloth, but I haven't yet bought any.

daisythorn

Post by daisythorn » Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:10 am

I went to a little Chinese gift shop and found a lovely silk bag with chinese characters on it.  The "clasp" is a brass bell that a piece of elastic wraps around.  I actually put the cards in this, and then tuck them into an inlaid box that was given to me in Egypt by my husbands family.  It locks, so that no one can get into it when I'm away.  I have also put a small crystal in with it to keep it cleansed when not in use.

Psychic Chef

Tarot

Post by Psychic Chef » Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:12 pm

Hi All
I have a set of Celtic and a set of Rider Waite.
The Rider i use all the time and i keep them in the packet they came in.
They work great for me.
Cheers Pete.

sarwiz

Post by sarwiz » Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:02 am

Keep my Ancient Egyptian Tarot deck and book in a wooden cigar box with a piece of kyanite and some herbs

sternrulez

Post by sternrulez » Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:07 am

I have a Tarot of the Cat People deck that I keep wrapped in red silk and stored in a box with a rodalite that I empowered for the purpose of divination.  I used to have a Lord of the Rings deck that I absolutely HAD to have, yet when I got it and opened it, I felt nothing at all coming from the cards.  Quite a disappointment, but I've since passed them along to a close friend, and you'd swear I gave her a mansion :)

JaniceB.

Tarot Decks - Where I Keep Them

Post by JaniceB. » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:26 pm

My tarot decks are mostly kept in wooden boxes. Some are large and can hold many decks and some are smaller and hold only 1 or 2 decks. some have their own bag and then are boxed others are in their original boxes. When I am using a deck I keep it wrapped in a black silk cloth that is big enough to use as a cloth to spread out to do readings on. I have been doing readings for myself and my sisters but I have to use a book to interpret. The books that go to the sets are kept in their own section in one of my bookcases otherwise I would never find them. lol. I am an artist so I collect the decks because of the art(or at least thats my excuse). So far I have 34 decks with two more in the mail to me. There are probably more here I just haven't found them to put them in the boxes with the others ( I had to move rooms around and lost track of some of them) It's only been recently that I have put them togeather in boxes. I can't use them if I can't find them.
My favorites at the moment are The Gilded, Sacred Circle and Robin Wood.

Namaste
JaniceB. :smt006

Payewacker

Post by Payewacker » Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:40 am

I want to comment on George's Santa Fe deck, in my studies, i came across a way of disposing of old cards.

The outline was to actually bury the deck in it's pouch under a tree, or at the base of the tree.

It is obvious that some of your negative energies entered the deck and in my opinion may influence the second reader.

Blessed be

Gem

Post by Gem » Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:34 am

Payewacker wrote:I want to comment on George's Santa Fe deck, in my studies, i came across a way of disposing of old cards.

The outline was to actually bury the deck in it's pouch under a tree, or at the base of the tree.

It is obvious that some of your negative energies entered the deck and in my opinion may influence the second reader.

Blessed be
Payewacker there are many ways of clearing and cleansing decks to remove and residual energies.

Smudging is one good way, using reiki or purple flame or brethe of light all work well too. And don't forget that to clear and regroup tarot energies, simply re-order the deck so that any input from the previous reading will be reversed.

There's no reason nowadays not to use old or second hand decks at all.

Return to “Tarot”