Reversed cards..

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

Elisechaina

Reversed cards..

Post by Elisechaina » Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:30 pm

please what do others think about reversed cards - should they be turned around or not in a reading. Thanks

Payewacker

Post by Payewacker » Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:44 pm

Hi elisechaina,

Personally, i do use the cards with upright and reversed meanings. Although many readers turn them upright, they maintain that the impact of the spread will remain the same.

So in most instances it would mostly depend upon how you interpret your cards.

Blessed be

Elisechaina

Post by Elisechaina » Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:18 am

Hi, yes I turn them around too, think it adds more depth to the reading,and sometimes they contain information more subtle and informative than just upright.

baannee

Post by baannee » Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:15 am

it only provides a positive outlook

baannee

Post by baannee » Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:20 am

you should bestrong in life

baannee

Post by baannee » Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:22 am

helps in broadening are view

weezerwall

Post by weezerwall » Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:32 am

Hi "EC"  :smt006

I like your question!  This seems to be a big issue in the "Tarot" world so I hope lots of people post!  :)

I'm a beginner and have decided not to "panic" when a reversed card comes up.  I think reversed cards may definitely give us more information. (about energy that's "blocked", what's passing away or not being "expressed" for example).

The choice of deck must be a pretty important factor here, right?  When we feel uncomfortable about reversals, we can certainly find other options - like using decks that don't have "reversals" or have a different approach to them. (like the Mother Peace Tarot (round cards that talk about cycles) or the Da Vinci Tarot (doesn't use "reversals" but offers some "cautions").

Lots of light back to you!

Weezer

bwitched

that depends...

Post by bwitched » Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:14 am

Sometimes when I have reversed cards in a reading for someone, it can point to something of their past, or pertain to a person that is influential to them.  

There are also times that the reversed cards pertain to some sort of message I need to utilize in relating to whomever I am reading for.

Ultimately, I have found it best to listen to my intuition when reading.

chrisdee

Post by chrisdee » Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:53 am

Hi i don't intentionally use reversals but if they fall reversed this is how i interpret them

if its a positive card but reversed often indicates a blockage of some sort
if its a negative card  but reversed card amplifies this danger or negative attribute.
For court cards the reversed interpretation often points to the negative qualities held in these personalitys or deficiency in the more positive characteristics of the card.

Basically, the reversed card will be highlighting a blockage or a deficiency in the seeker’s life, or it will be accentuating a negative situation or tendency

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:58 am

Hi Chris
I like the way you explain your view of the reversed cards. I always shuffle cards upright and avoid reverse cards. But if and when they happen in spite of my efforts, then I will take their message seriously, I suppose.

Return to “Tarot”