Bad Luck?

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

marshajo13

Bad Luck?

Post by marshajo13 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:24 pm

I have heard that it is bad luck to purchase your own tarot cards for reading not only for your personnal reading but others also. True or False.
I have also heard that when you don't want your cards anymore  your sapose to give to someone, and if you don't do that your sapose to wrap in a cloth made like a pouch do something with salt can't remember that part and bury them in the ground. Never to be dug up. True or False?
I hope I don't sound too ignorant.  Thank you in advance.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:01 pm

I have a friend who insists he is drawn to all kinds of decks in all situations.  He buys his own.  He has been known to give a deck away when he is no longer using it.

marshajo13

Post by marshajo13 » Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:40 pm

Thank you for responding, after I posted I relized I should have posted it in the tarot card catagory.

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:57 am

hello,
I am moving ur post to the tarot section.
I think you need to keep your cards safely covered when not in use.

Payewacker

Post by Payewacker » Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:22 pm

Hi marsha,

There are different toughts on what to do with old cards, the burying of cards has been supported, especially those you have used extensively, you do this under a trea, in order for it to return to where it's energies comes from. This however was written in a text i read some time ago. I don't want to get rid of my decks, i find the artwork incredible, sometimes i combine a few cards drawings and do paintings of them.

Don't think Tarot cards bring bad luck, if you confess bad luck, you may very well bring that upon yourselfe.

Blessed be

marshajo13

Post by marshajo13 » Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:12 pm

Thank you for moving my post. And thank you all for the responses.

sunny2

Post by sunny2 » Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:05 pm

Hi Marsha, I have read tarot cards and have a few packs, some of which I bought myself. In my opinion they are no different to playing cards, infact tarot were once used as playing cards.  Tarot cards are simple made from cardboard and have pictures or images on them. These images contain universal symbols which enable people to interpret them.  
Whether buying your own cards or not, or even covering them in a silk cloth etc, will not make any difference whatsoever to your cards. They won't know who bought them or if you leave them exposed or covered up, and it certainly won't affect your readings in any way. Tarot cards hold no special secret or wisdom, that ability comes from within the reader. It's by using a combination of the symbols and using your own intuition which provides a helpful insight into peoples material situations.

sunny2

Blktygress

Post by Blktygress » Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:37 pm

I bought my own deack and they have performed wonderfully. Wether they are given to you (new or old) or you buy them your self. If you cleanse them really well and them put your own energy into them you really should be fine. But as others have posted, there are different opinions on this. This is just my personal expierience.

tabi

Post by tabi » Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:28 pm

Currently I think my tarot deck list is around 15 out of that only two have been giving to me. Most of my oracles on the other hand have been gifts. It is all about what you are drawn too. What someone else may think you like because of your other interest may not be something that will work for you.

I think the first few decks YOU should buy so you can understand your likes and dislikes of certain decks. Since there is thousands of decks on the market it shouldn't be that hard...and don't think that you have to stick to the Rider Waite to start with. I have been reading over 13 years and still struggle to understand that one.

The decks that are given to you hold a great deal more meaning. Every time you pick it up you think of the person who gave it to you, with a quiet thank you.

Return to “Tarot”