Hi everyone!

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

Leslie

Hi everyone!

Post by Leslie » Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:32 pm

Hi everyone,

I use to read tarot many years ago and have just started back into it. The problem is I have a very hard time reading for myself. I have a way with not listening to them if that makes sense...lol So basically I am not sure if I am interpreting them as they are or changing them to what I want them to be...lol So, therefor I am never sure if I influenced them or not.

Can someone please help me with this reading, I really want to understand it because this is a big question in my life right now that I really need answers to. For those of you who have read my blog, you know the situation. I will try to make my explantion short for those who have not.

I have been seperated from daughter since she was 5 not by my choice. She will be 16  this month. Over the years I tried to make contact with her father and his wife then, but only problems occurred. Her father is now remarried to a wonderful lady who came into my life by "accident" about a month ago. Yesterday, her father came back into my life. I was in shock and leery.

So, the guestion I asked the cards this morning was "what does him coming back into my life mean for all of us?"

I used the past, present, future spread. (these are just brief discriptions)

Past:
Three of Swords - Misery through separation

Present:
Ace of Cups - New relationship. New start. Happiness for all at home.

Future:
Two of Wands - Accomplishment. Possible partnership.

Then I felt the need to draw 2 more cards on the future for more explanation

1st
Five of Swords (this is the one I am lerry about) - deceit, hidden agenda, unfair dealings.

2nd
The Star - hope, healings, better times ahead.

This is what I received. The past is definitely correct withthis situation because the separation from my daughter has been very difficult for me. As it would be for any parent. Him coming back into my life after all these years in the present could signify a new relationship. This future could signify a new partnership with him us working together when it comes to my daughter. (but, he does not have custody of her right now) Then the whopper. Deceit and hidden agenda. Is he possibly talking to me because he wants me to take part in a custody battle with his ex. Then once I have helped him succeed he is going to shut me out of her life again. Then the final maybe things will all work out in the end. We can all heal and be happy.

I feel like I have some answers, but am really not sure how to intepret the Five of Swords. I am uneasy about this card. If anyone can help, it would be great because I can be bias when it comes to reading for myself that is what the problem is. I am unsure if i am reading them correctly.

Many thanks to anyone that may be able to help. By the way when I do readings for others I am much much better than when I do them for my self. I never question the cards... :smt002

Gem

Post by Gem » Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:06 pm

Hi Leslie,

It can be very difficult reading for oneself. I use a special set that I bond and attune to and then fix the meanings in my head so there is not so much room for vagueness and self doubt and hazy interpretation.

You don't say which deck you are using? So I will assume that it was a Rider waite type 5 of s, Your positions would benefit from being more definate when reading for yourself too, that way its like giving a picture a title which makes it much easier.

For instance imagin the Mona Lisa was a tarot card and you drew it in the future postion, what is she smiling at? It could be  sarcastic or a happy event or putting on a brave face. But if the position was titled, "My driving test!"  then the smile is most probably because of a good result and a pass? See why titling positions can really help with self readings?

The five of Swords!

Ok, we have a person holding three swords, two left lying on the ground, two other people standing slightly away, did they all fight and drop their swords? Is this person clearing up after a mock battle? are they happy or sad? Did one of them throw a tantrum?

Leslie

Post by Leslie » Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:01 pm

Thank you Gem. I see what you mean about titling positions. The description you gave made a lot of sense! I will have to start doing that.

Also on your description about the 5 of Swords. Your explanation does not seem all that bad. It could mean possibly any of these when you think about it. But then with THe Star following that to me means it will all work out in the end. Which ever way the 5 of Swords go.

See I was looking at the worst of the 5 of Swords because of my fear. Thank you for your help. ;o)

Return to “Tarot”