Confusion In Reading RE: Queen of Pentacles

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

weez_a

Confusion In Reading RE: Queen of Pentacles

Post by weez_a » Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:45 am

Hey All,

Some of you have probably already seen my posts else where on this site relating to my Father's situation, but I've found this site really helpful, so here I am again.

About six weeks ago my father suffered brain damage due to a lack of oxygen.  He's now in hopistal and unable to move or talk.  I decided to do a simple three card spread in an attempt to gain some insight into the present, near future and future.

While shuffling the deck, The Devil fell out.  This completely made sense as my father had been suffering from depression.  The three cards that I flipped were:

The Fool
Queen of Pentacles
The Sun

The reading made sense to me, but I wasn't too sure about the meaning of the Queen.  

If anyone can provide some more information, that would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Eloise

wolfmama7

Post by wolfmama7 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:04 am

Hi Eloise,

I'm so sorry to hear of your Dad's health declining. I hunted around to see what I could come up with. Does this sound like anyone you or your Dad know? It's the most extensive Queen of Pentacle description I could find.

Queen of Pentacles
Pentacles represent the element of earth. They stand for the body, physical experiences, and practical skills. Capricorn, Taurus, and Virgo are the astrological signs assigned to the Pentacles and the element of earth.
This is the practical, down-to-earth woman. An enthusiastic outdoors woman, she's always encouraging friends and family to exercise. She also owns her own successful business. Her accounting is scrupulous, but that doesn't mean she's afraid to spend. She loves beautiful things and has an artist's eye. Her home is impeccably decorated with paintings, furniture, and trinkets. Her garden is also beautifully maintained. Tasteful is the perfect word for her. Likewise in her dress, jewelry and make-up. As in work, nothing less that giving her all to her family will do for the Queen of Pentacles. She wants them to have the best so they can succeed. But this can put a lot of pressure on them. The queen does not understand that buying a child a Steinway piano will not make them Beethoven; also, this Queen's pragmatism, her dislike of anything strange or distasteful, may exclude anything unique or imaginative - solutions as well as people. Her children or partner feel that they can't be themselves and still be loved.

Since this was the 2nd card pulled, this may describe someone you will soon meet, perhaps a nurse or hospital staff? I would love to hear how the spread pans out!

Blessings to you & yours~

wolfmama

wolfmama7

HUGE P.S.!

Post by wolfmama7 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:30 am

It's ridiculous that I didn't think to mention this in the first post, but please forgive me, as I am a frazzled, exhausted mess today (super-busy mom of 7, what can I say?)

At any rate, I see that you posted about using crystals or some other "alternative" method to improve your Dad's health. I am also disgusted that the "attendant" wouldn't sell you the crystal! (what the---???)
I am here to tell you that my Mom was diagnosed with Leukemia the Friday before Mother's Day in 2001. On Mother's Day, my brother & I had to walk her into the hospital to begin the treatment process. She remained in that hospital for soooo long, after receiving her first round of chemo, as her white cell count was slow to return to an acceptable level in order for her to go home. (she DID go right into remission, though!)

Now, mind you, my Mom is a Reiki Master, Crystal worker, Astrologer, Tarot reader, you basically name it, she's into it, for as long as I can remember. She had set up crystals in her hospital room by the window, and one day, while her doctor was in the room, he noticed them. He went over to them, and asked if he could move them. He rearranged them to his liking. Her white cell count started climbing the NEXT DAY, and kept on going, until she was able to go home. That was by no means the end of her battle, believe me! A long road followed. But I VEHEMENTLY believe that our "ways" in the family, (we nicknamed the disease "Luke" and told anyone who would listen that Luke would be getting his ass kicked <giggle>) combined with "regular", or "main-stream" medicine, is the reason there is NO SIGN of Luke, 6 1/2 years later, when she had a 7% chance of even LIVING through the first year!!!

I believe that this spread (and a feeling I have) may be indicating that a person you know, or will soon know, may come up with the "alternative" method that will help your Dad. (Why else would the Sun be the final card?)

Sometimes, things happen that baffle the doctors. Never forget that! They can't be in charge of EVERYTHING! &nbsp; :smt018

Much love~

wolfmama

chrisdee

Post by chrisdee » Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:40 pm

:smt006 Queen of Pentacles can indicate the need to look after ones body which would fit your enquiry relating to my father's situation as to the near future

weez_a

Post by weez_a » Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:07 am

Thank you to you both for your posts. &nbsp;I appreciate everyone's input.

Return to “Tarot”