Opinions on Tarot Readings ...???

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

Kldlyn

Opinions on Tarot Readings ...???

Post by Kldlyn » Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:42 am

I am curious to find out how others feel about the different options in reading the tarot.

I guess I would be called a beginner and I know I have so much to learn but I am confused as to how many people that read tarot cards include reversed card. I have been told not to attempt a reading with reversed cards and vica versa....

I do not remove the death card as I have been told that it amounts to not playing with a full deck.

I have not included reversed cards in my readings as reversing meanings is proving to difficult.

Is this something that comes with time and practice or is there reasons to have or not have them......????

Any thoughts

chrisdee

Post by chrisdee » Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:26 am

you can actually get a good reading with out reverse cards i personally don't use reverse cards if there meant to be reversed then when there layed they come out reversed that is the only time i will read a reversed card a lot of readers don't use reversed cards and are quite happy with their results

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:34 am

Well from another beginner you get this thoughts.

I don't remove Death card or any other....Death is in reality a good card....it show among other thing that you have to let thing you struggle with go and start on fresh thoughts or action.

Tarot are many hundred of years old......only in the last 100 year have they introduced reverse card....and they call it progress because now you get the double of meanings.

Well they might put on many times more and it will not be better from that....in my view.
Why??....because the main factor is the reader.....it is the reader that true intuition and connection to the querent who are the most important part of a reading.

The card itself is just a tool to bring forward images and there is enough good and bad in the original set to give a full worthy reading.

For us "beginners" it is "a dumb action" to include reverse card.
Only when you are very confident in the original Tarot and start to feel that you lack something, then it can be time to extend with such and then it will be much much more easy to learn.

Many well known readers and Authors don't use Reverse at all....and as said...the most important piece is the one who held the card ...not the card itself :)

BrightLight

Post by BrightLight » Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:24 pm

I'm about to show my ignorance here - but what is a reverse card? What are the instances when that would occur?

From context clues I'd guessed a reverse card was when you simply shuffled the deck and one card came up upside down.

I may be waaaay off.

Enlighten me please :)

If you guys are novices I guess that makes me an embryo lol

I still haven't bought my first deck yet but I love reading up about this in the meantime.

chrisdee

Post by chrisdee » Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:00 am

BrightLight wrote:I'm about to show my ignorance here - but what is a reverse card? What are the instances when that would occur?

From context clues I'd guessed a reverse card was when you simply shuffled the deck and one card came up upside down.

I may be waaaay off.

I still haven't bought my first deck yet but I love reading up about this in the meantime.
:smt006 please dont feel ignorant anything that confuses deserves an answer you have guessed correctly it is a card that appears upside down in a reading
you dont need cards to join Gems tarot classes everyone is welcome to sign up

Tyrinaniel

Post by Tyrinaniel » Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:23 pm

BrightLight wrote:I'm about to show my ignorance here - but what is a reverse card? What are the instances when that would occur?

I may be waaaay off.

A reverse card IS upside down.  I had to look it up when I first heard it also.  You were correct!  :smt003

George

Re: Opinions on Tarot Readings ...???

Post by George » Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:21 pm

Kldlyn wrote:I am curious to find out how others feel about the different options in reading the tarot.

I guess I would be called a beginner and I know I have so much to learn but I am confused as to how many people that read tarot cards include reversed card. I have been told not to attempt a reading with reversed cards and vica versa....

I do not remove the death card as I have been told that it amounts to not playing with a full deck.

I have not included reversed cards in my readings as reversing meanings is proving to difficult.

Is this something that comes with time and practice or is there reasons to have or not have them......????

Any thoughts
i am a beginner too. i've been reading for about a year.  i read the reverse sometimes because it stricks me at the moment to do so.  it is believed that beginners don't need ot worry about reading reverse until they are really comfortable with the basic meaning of the cards.  also that the meanings you get with the reverse can be covered with other cards and such bascily you have all the meanings you need without reading the reverse cards.  
mostly before you begin reading the cards, know in your mind and heart that you are not going to read reverse and the cards will fall in the way that your intution will tell you about the querent (the person your reading for) and you will not need to read reverse.
you can go your own life without using reverse cards if you choose to!  :smt003

hope this helps!    :smt006

Delirium

Post by Delirium » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:21 pm

Hi
Mary K Greer wrote a great book based totally on reversed cards, I would recommend it if anyones looking to go alittle further.

Delirium x

ghotie

Post by ghotie » Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:10 am

I dislike using reversed cards because I find it more difficult to do readings and I like positive reading.

Death is goes hand in hand with life so I would not remove that card out.

Qabtarast

Tarot Reversed

Post by Qabtarast » Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:58 am

I do not use reversed cards as I feel within myself when a card is showing its true meaning or not; see the card and absorb it before the spoken word commences. In other words I feel that to see a card as is, is a fault for the cards combine in so many ways and we shall never know the true combination of whats being shown. We are only human after all.

Return to “Tarot”