Three Card Spreads

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

Gem

Three Card Spreads

Post by Gem » Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:39 am

The most famous has to be....

1. The Past
2. The Present
3. The Future

But there are so  many more that work better, add yours to this thread please :)

1. Positive Influences
2. Negative Influences
3. Outcome

1. Good energies / helping
2. Bad energies  / hindering
3. Result

1. Yesterday
2. Today
3. Tomorrow

1. Yes
2. No.
3. Maybe

Mystic Meg

Post by Mystic Meg » Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:03 pm

1. Mind - Intellectual factors
2. Body - Physical factors
3. Spirit - Emotional factors

1. Situation
2. Internal Factors
3. External Factors

1. The heart of the matter
2. What aids you
3. What hinders you

1. Who
2. What
3. Where

1. High points of the relationship
2. Low points of the relationship
3. How you can improve things

1. What helps
2. What hinders
3. Best course of action

1. what you need to do
2. what your partner needs to do
3. what you need to do together

There are so many, I enjoy making new ones to fit a question too.

Meg

George

Re: Three Card Spreads

Post by George » Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:27 pm

Gem wrote:The most famous has to be....

1. The Past
2. The Present
3. The Future

But there are so  many more that work better, add yours to this thread please :)

1. Positive Influences
2. Negative Influences
3. Outcome

1. Good energies / helping
2. Bad energies  / hindering
3. Result

1. Yesterday
2. Today
3. Tomorrow

1. Yes
2. No.
3. Maybe
Wow, never thought of that before.  :smt017

i usually do a three card spread for past, present and future connecting the last card in the each row to the top card in the following row.  

i'll have to really put some thought in this and see what i can come up!

:smt006

Gem

Post by Gem » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:43 am

George there are hundreds of good three card readings, think outside the box and expand youself :)

PaganPriest

Post by PaganPriest » Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:23 am

Past Life - Influence brought forward
Present Life - Main Influence
Future Life - What you will take with you

loopy

Post by loopy » Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:15 am

1. Person 1
3. Relationship
2. Person 2

1. Situation
2. Obstacle
3. Advice

tabi

Post by tabi » Sat Dec 22, 2007 10:27 am

Gotta love three card spreads! You get a quick answer and it is so easy. I know I'm new to the boards so I may sound crazy but I actually think the best spread to do with the three cards is this:

Make a sentence!

Subject
Action
Adjective

You get a very quick message from the cards but also you take what you learn and apply it to build your memory and skill. Up and down to this is the fact occassionally the cards do take on a very different meaning then what you're use too.

Bella

Post by Bella » Mon Dec 24, 2007 5:55 am

Here's just a few out of the top of my head;-

What is working for you
What is working against you
How to combine this knowledge in order to succeed

What you need to know in this situation
What action you need to take in this situation
What you need to keep away from in this situation

Mind
Body
Spirt

What I can learn from the past
How I can use it in the present
Where it can take me in the future.

Sunsetcoquette

Post by Sunsetcoquette » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:11 pm

Personally, I often choose a card for the day and two "supporter" cards to give me a better picture of what's going on. For instance, if I pulled the tower (I hate the Tower!), I would choose two more cards to clarify what was about to be destroyed. if I get something like the knight of cups, I'll know to be wary of romantic gestures and overly emotive states.

pirbid

Post by pirbid » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:57 pm

:) Tabi, I love your idea. Must try it next time I am in a hurry (I do not usually pull less than seven cards). It certainly has many creative possibilities. Thank you for sharing.

The only one I can contribute is:

- What you have
- What you want
- What you really need

Sunset, why do you hate the Tower? Have you seen the Ancestral Path one? It is lovely. I get that card all the time and survived, so I am used to it by now. It is usually the Devil that gives me chills, and I am also getting it a lot, lately.
:smt017

Sunsetcoquette

Post by Sunsetcoquette » Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:07 am

Sunset, why do you hate the Tower? Have you seen the Ancestral Path one? It is lovely. I get that card all the time and survived, so I am used to it by now. It is usually the Devil that gives me chills, and I am also getting it a lot, lately.
The Tower is always terrible for me, more so because it always seems to be accurate, lol. I'm a little more tired of the Tower than usual, too, because I got it (multiple times) last week and then had a ridiculous fight with my boyfriend. Not sure how it will be resolved, either. I realize upheavel is necessary, but I never really embrace that energy coming into my life. I've done further readings and now everything is coming up future positive (two cups, World, nine cups). Hopefully those will be as accurate as the Tower card.
The Devil is pretty awful, too. In my case, I see it a lot representing chemical addictions. Though I did read that when surrounded by happy, love cards, the Devil can represent an unshakable bond. I don't find the Devil's negative aspects to be as frightening as the Tower, though, because the Devil represents things that we can change ourselves.

pirbid

Post by pirbid » Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:15 am

:) Hey, Sunset, I realize you must be online right now. That 's great!

Mmm... so glad your fight turned out right in the end. You are certainly getting nice Cups now.

I am not so sure if addictions are that easy to change. One thing I am pretty sure of: I would probably need the Tower to get rid of them!  :smt003

I hope to see you in the reading exchange thread, if you are interested. Cheers!  :)

Sunsetcoquette

Post by Sunsetcoquette » Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:25 am

so glad your fight turned out right in the end. You are certainly getting nice Cups now.
I hope so! It hasn't been resolved yet, but I did a couple readings on it. I did one for past present future, just the past few days and the future couple days. Past- five wands (uh-huh). Present- four pentacles (true true). Future was World (fingers crossed).
I am not so sure if addictions are that easy to change. One thing I am pretty sure of: I would probably need the Tower to get rid of them!
Phew- you said it! I've been lucky not to have a substance abuse problem, but I've seen enough to last a lifetime in my loved ones. Never fun, never pretty.
I hope to see you in the reading exchange thread, if you are interested. Cheers!  
Cool! Sounds good- I just found this site and have been exploring for a couple days. Everyone seems very nice, and I think it's awesome that we can all do readings for each other!

seadrenea

Post by seadrenea » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:17 pm

1. COULD - This is what you are physically, mentally, and emotionally capable of even if you do not realize the potential
2. WOULD - What you most likely will do based on your beliefs, attitudes, and past behaviors.
3. SHOULD - What others expect of you or social norms developed by others' opinions. This may reflect what you need to do regardless of what abilities you think you have or don't have.

I'm obsessed (I must say) because I have to draw 3 cards for each position. A better reader could do it with one card in each position I am sure.  :smt003

farafina

My little contribution

Post by farafina » Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:32 am

Tonight for the first time I am trying this spread:

Where
When
How

For questions concerning an event, a promotion, an encounter, a graduation, a meeting, a reunion, etc.

For instance, what should "Barbie" know about the next man she will meet for a relationship?
where: knight of wands (in a place where she doesnt usually go... she need to get out more to meet him. An event about something she am passionate and excited about.
when: 9 of cups . In 9 (months, years, days, weeks?).....
how: queen of cups.. A friend who is concerned about her emotional being will introduce them.

:smt006

Return to “Tarot”