tarot reading

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

pegasus63

tarot reading

Post by pegasus63 » Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:02 am

hi i am new here and would like to know if anybody can help me.when you give a reading must you use both the major and minor Arcanas or can you just use one for example the major Arcanas? Thank you for your help

Bella

Re: tarot reading

Post by Bella » Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:12 am

pegasus63 wrote:hi i am new here and would like to know if anybody can help me.when you give a reading must you use both the major and minor Arcanas or can you just use one for example the major Arcanas? Thank you for your help
You can of course just use Major Arcanas  but the thing to remember is that the The Major Arcana cards are thought to refer to the spiritual / psychological part of life’s journey and relate to the more important of life's issues.  The Minor Arcana are concerned with the day-to-day issues of life.

I personally think you get a more balanced reading using the whole deck, however there are spreads out there specifically designed just for the Major Arcana.

pegasus63

reverse

Post by pegasus63 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:12 am

Thanks for helping me with the major and minor arcanas Bella.i would just like to ask you one more thing,must i use reversed cards and how do i get the cards reversed.must i just put some cards back to front?please help :smt006

Bella

Re: reverse

Post by Bella » Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:58 am

pegasus63 wrote:Thanks for helping me with the major and minor arcanas Bella.i would just like to ask you one more thing,must i use reversed cards and how do i get the cards reversed.must i just put some cards back to front?please help :smt006
Hello again!

No you do not have to use reversed and if you are a real beginner I would suggest that you do not, but instead learn the meanings of the upright cards and when you are comfortable with this you can add reversed to your skills.

mod note: link edited. We have our own free Learn Tarot course here at Mystic Board.

Now you may never decide to read the cards in their reversed position, but if you do not, then you will need to learn eventually all the aspects of the cards, by that I mean their positive, neutral and negative points and incorporate these into your reading.

When and if you feel ready to do reversals I would recommend Mary K. Greer's book Complete Tarot Reversals, which not only give you interpretations of these cards in this position but also insight into how many ways reversals can be approached.

I find the easiest way to have reversed cards in your deck is to put the whole deck down on the table and swish them around and then gather them up into a deck again - it is the most random way I know, then shuffle and ask your question.

Good luck on your Tarot Journey  :smt002

pegasus63

thanks

Post by pegasus63 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:34 am

Dear Bella,thanks for your advice on my question on the reverse cards and for that link.you are a star bless you Wicca

Bella

Re: thanks

Post by Bella » Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:50 am

pegasus63 wrote:Dear Bella,thanks for your advice on my question on the reverse cards and for that link.you are a star bless you Wicca

you are most welcome peagasus - I won't be around on this site much, but if there is anything else I can help you with you can always pm me  :)

~ Bella ~

Gem

Re: tarot reading

Post by Gem » Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:33 pm

pegasus63 wrote:hi i am new here and would like to know if anybody can help me.when you give a reading must you use both the major and minor Arcanas or can you just use one for example the major Arcanas? Thank you for your help
Many decks are major arcana only and give very accurate detailed and profound readings.

So no you do not have to use all the cards and if you have a deck that has 'pips' and no pictures for the minors many beginners will benefit from just using the majors to start the learnign process :)

Return to “Tarot”