Empress-Hermit combination?

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

farafina

Empress-Hermit combination?

Post by farafina » Tue May 20, 2008 3:34 pm

I was doing a reading for a querent and I keep getting this combination in two different spreads I did about them:
Both times I pulled the Empress card and then because I wasnt sure what it meant, I pulled another card and it was the Hermit.

This happened TWICE after I had shuffled and cut then laid out all my cards face down on my table!

There is a message here with this combination I'm sure... What do you all think?

:smt017

farafina

Post by farafina » Tue May 20, 2008 3:35 pm

The querent is male by the way.

Gem

Post by Gem » Tue May 20, 2008 3:58 pm

What positions in the spreads were they? How close? Its hard to  get the right interpretion on just two cards on their own. :)

farafina

Post by farafina » Tue May 20, 2008 4:04 pm

They came right after one another.

the first spread was a three card spread just to see the energies around his relatives/family's feeling about his engagement to his girlfriend. the Empress turned up as the 3rd card ( i pulled an additional card to make sense of it and it was the Hermit)

The second spread was another three card spread about his work prospects when he relocates with his new fiancée. The Empress again came in 3rd position. I pulled an additional card to explain it and again pulled the Hermit.

I hope this clarifies it a bit, Gem :)

Lady of Avalon

Post by Lady of Avalon » Wed May 21, 2008 2:40 pm

Sometimes we get given the same cards again if we have misinterpreted them or if we haven't given the message correctly, so it's not necessarily anything unusual or to be concerned about. But I agree without the full spread its very hard to give any real advice. Did you name the positions of the cards?

squeaky

Post by squeaky » Fri May 23, 2008 10:23 am

the empress card in relationships represents creative growth, marriage, and birth. all you would want to see for a couple, the hermit here seems to me to represent that inner knowing . it just feels right, i know this is good/ or bad. this is the voice of intuition where the light shows the way even if there is no external evidence one way or the other. it may be you are asking a question where there is none in reality.

farafina

Post by farafina » Fri May 23, 2008 1:13 pm

Thank you so much Squeaky! :)

That was exactly my feeling also, but your interpretation makes a lot more sense.
I thought it was referring to faithfulness (The Hermit) and soulmates (Empress and Hermit). But your interpretation brings into light another layer of meaning. thanks a lot.

Return to “Tarot”