A confusing reading

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

aya

A confusing reading

Post by aya » Thu May 29, 2008 6:43 pm

Hi
I'm new here (and relatively new to Tarot). I bought a deck (greek mythology) awhile back, but I didn't do any readings for quite awhile. Then a couple days ago I felt like trying again and the reading was quite confusing (and seemed very dramatic). I think I understood part of it, but it felt like it was talking mainly about subconsciouss issues. The strange thing is that there haven't been any major changes in my life lately (that I know of).

I'd be happy to hear any ideas any of you might have regarding the reading or parts of it, anything could be helpful.
It was a celtic spread, I'm writing the cards according to the order I opened them:
1. Wheel of Fortune
2. Judgement, Page of Swords
3. Page of Wands
4. Death
5. Tower, Queen of Swords, 5Cups
6. 6 of Swords
7. Ace of Wands
8. 8 of Cups
9. Hierophant
10. Strength

Thanks!!!
Aya

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Thu May 29, 2008 8:35 pm

Eevn though I am not a big fan of the Celtic Cross, but I do not understand how come you have two cards for position Two and three cards for position Five.
What are the names of these positions.
There are so many different varieties of the Celtic Cross and that is why I am not so friendly with them......
So, what positions were yours?

squeaky

Re: A confusing reading

Post by squeaky » Thu May 29, 2008 11:10 pm

aya wrote:Hi
I'm new here (and relatively new to Tarot). I bought a deck (greek mythology) awhile back, but I didn't do any readings for quite awhile. Then a couple days ago I felt like trying again and the reading was quite confusing (and seemed very dramatic). I think I understood part of it, but it felt like it was talking mainly about subconsciouss issues. The strange thing is that there haven't been any major changes in my life lately (that I know of).

I'd be happy to hear any ideas any of you might have regarding the reading or parts of it, anything could be helpful.
It was a celtic spread, I'm writing the cards according to the order I opened them:
1. Wheel of Fortune
2. Judgement, Page of Swords
3. Page of Wands
4. Death
5. Tower, Queen of Swords, 5Cups
6. 6 of Swords
7. Ace of Wands
8. 8 of Cups
9. Hierophant
10. Strength

Thanks!!!
Aya

Hi Aya,

firstly you may want to start with simpler layouts til you get used to your cards, and you have not mentioned what was asked for the draw, this changes in a subtle way the emphasis of the card meanings, and like cedars i do not know how you get two cards for one position, unless clarifying. also you do not say what your layout is so the position

i would suggest this is why you find it confusing so you may want to just let this one go by, and try something more straightforward.

regards
D

aya

Post by aya » Fri May 30, 2008 6:55 am

Hi
Thanks for answering so quickly!
The woman who taught me about tarot said that when someone tries to take one card from the deck and two or more come out then all the cards that came out together should be in the same position (in this case the three cards somehow literally jumped out together)

Regarding the spread - it was more of a general spread. I thought that in the celtic spread you don't necessarily have to ask a question (though I was thinking a little about relationships, and how their nonexistent). I only learned 2 spreads in the beginning, and the celtic always seemed to work, it's usually easier for me to read than when answering a specific question.
I'll write down the meanings I know for the positions, maybe that will help?
1 - where I am now
2 - what's hanging over my head
3 - conscious
4 - subconscious
5 - past
6 - future, where I'm headed
7 - more on who I am, how it should bring me to 6
8 - what I need most
9 - hopes and fears
10 - overall message (sometimes also more about the future directions)

I hope it's ok now
Thanks!

squeaky

Post by squeaky » Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:35 am

Hi aya,

well i have to say it is a very complex spread, you do have the problem of in 3 places, asking 2 possible questions or have 2 possible interpretations for the position of one card, i am not a fan already of this. you have a consistency problem where you have conscious, unconscious, more of who i am is very loose, and is required to also show you how to get into a future situation or where you are headed. i know cards well and would find this confusing. as to intent yes you can ask for a general life reading but if your mind wanders or you have an inclination toward a direction then the cards will reflect this. I hope you don't mind but i would not try to read this, would you like to draw again, or would you be ok if i did a draw for you. general or otherwise???

regards
d

aya

more than ok :)

Post by aya » Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:17 pm

Hi!
It would be more than ok with me if youdid a draw for me - it's really sweet of you to offer! I would appreciate it very much - I think I'm not very objective when it comes to drawing cards for myself.
How does a draw work when we're not in the same room?
I won't be able to log in again till the day after tomorrow (around the same time), I won't have internet access

Thanks!!

Gem

Post by Gem » Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:40 pm

Hi Aya,

You would have to make a formal request in the Tarot Reading Forum, http://mysticboard.org/viewforum.php?f=63 as all requests and readings have to be posted there please :)

You might also like to take my free tarot course here on Mystic Board. :)

kybunker

Post by kybunker » Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:11 pm

I'd like to say thank you for posting your spread and the meanings of the placements,
That was neat, I did sit down and flip back and forth to see what I'd get out of it,
Thanks for the opportunity

Return to “Tarot”