Are there any specific rules to reading that are universal?

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

amberdtc

Are there any specific rules to reading that are universal?

Post by amberdtc » Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:43 am

I mean such as I have heard always cut with left hand, etc.  These kind of rules are what I seek.  I am very new to this

kybunker

Post by kybunker » Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:14 pm

I think rituals are very important, I choose which ones suit me and make it a spiritual routinue.

tourbi

Post by tourbi » Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:43 pm

Shuffling cards between readings to clear the energy of other people or other readings.  

Even if you are doing readings for others and you are not doing reading for self in between, go ahead and do a quick shuffle to clear the energy and shift the cards around.

chrisdee

Post by chrisdee » Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:59 am

Every one as a different way of doing this mine is to
Shuffle well to remove energies from any previous reading  
Centre myself  (clear my mind and relax) this helps when listening to my intuition/inner voice
When ready I shuffle then cut the cards into three piles with the left hand, then put them back together in any order while asking the question I want to put to the cards
I look at the spread as a whole before reading, the cards interact with each other and the reading as to make sense when its all pulled together.

I also use a spread cloth, crystals and incense these are to promote the right atmosphere when I read for others, there not needed when I read for myself.  

Its always a good idea when new to tarot to use a spread this way as you lay the cards you can connect better with what the card in its position is telling you.

I don't believe there are any set rules its what works for you   :smt023

MysticalMoose

Post by MysticalMoose » Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:53 pm

Some people like a specific ritual or preparation, other do not...all types of things from simply lighting a candle to saying a prayer to intricate, detailed "rituals" all are correct if they help you......Rituals provide a transition or switch from our ordinary way of thinking or way of viewing our day to day existence into a heightened state of perception & receptivity...working out what rituals to use are about finding "your" switch to bring those new "channels" into vision....Everyone has their own ideas, listen to them ~ take what works for you discard what you dont feel comfortable with you will find what fits your personal style, Never feel you have to conform to what another reader says you "must" do....you will see the value of your practice in your results!

Best of luck & enjoyment in your Tarot-ing!

MM

Return to “Tarot”