Do you have to use different decks for yourself than for others?

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

George

Re: Do you have to use different decks for yourself than for others?

Post by George » Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:57 pm

farafina wrote:I once read somewhere that you should always purchase two decks. One for your own readings... and another for readings for others.

What do you think? Is this something that you all do, or do you just keep the same cards ?

Thanks.
first, i would say go with what feels right for you!  for myself, i can't even imagine why or how it would matter.    :smt017   i actually to a point where i don't even want to do a reading for myself more less use a different deck!   :smt009

i have two decks.  one i bought because it was the on the clearance table and it was a American Indian deck and i was into Indian folk lore at the time.  I could i never could connect to it at all so they got put away and there they sit.  i use the RW deck for myself and others.  

:smt006

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:09 am

There is no breaking or unbreaking all the laws as Seadrenea wrote above. Who said thre is a law if one can touch your cards or shuffle them and so on? You make the law and work as you intuit with the cards or the querent.
I dont subscribe to all these unwritten laws.

kristabella

Post by kristabella » Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:47 am

I have a couple of decks but I only use one of them- and that is the deck i use to read for myself and others. I considered getting a deck that is identical to the deck i always work with, but then i decided that doing so would be impractical. I put a lot of my energy into the card I always use and if i were to use some deck  that im not especially bonded with, to read for others, my readings may not be as accurate.

Return to “Tarot”